News:

happy holidays! take your board to the beach!

Main Menu

dropbox links to images

Started by boop, January 14, 2014, 07:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boop

hi, I made quite a lot of posts with images in them using the 'link to image' icon - these images are in my dropbox public folder.
If I delete those images do they disappear from the threads? or were they uploaded to your server?

B :cry: :cry: p

stog

if they were links they will disappear, if they were uploaded, they won't  ;)

(try one and see-- better still, save the trial image to another folder on your computer, then try it, and if u hadn't uploaded it to Fibsboard originally, you will be able to with the 'saved' image)

actually if you look at one of the the images in the Fibsboard post, you can right click as if to save to disc , or copy image location to find out if it was uploaded or simply a link to your dropbox folder

boop

ok - they disappear from the threads if i move them from my dropbox.

i can't find an upload image icon - only the insert image "[img ][ /img]"

where is it?

and should i be able to edit my posts to fix this problem once i know how to upload?

stog

click additional options (below the main post area in edit) to upload/attach images

i've also given you temporary privileges to edit your old posts for a week or so --

let me know if you have any problems, click modify post

and let me know when you have finished editing your old posts

boop

boop

ok all done thanks with one error found - I seem to have deleted the pic from this thread accidentally

http://www.fibsboard.com/backgammon/when-do-you-finally-split-your-anchor/msg28311/#msg28311

maybe you want to delete it?

boop