News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Game 3, move 9: Roderick 6-6

Started by diane, July 24, 2013, 09:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

Roderick

Well....  the only roll, I think, that I almost need to hit, despite really really not wanting to.  Also probably my worst roll.

The reason coming down with 2 (13/8, 1311) was best is because I don't want to hit (no matter what I rolled, even if I could hit and make my 5).  Oh well!  Before the roll I was down 108 pips.  To take when you have a 1-2 backgame, you need to be down 84+ pips - I had the timing to maintain a 2-3-4 back game sans a big number and would have liked to keep it that way.

So....  22/16 (2)*, 13/7(2)    ..... even though not hitting tempts me (I have enough timing for either a 2-3 backgame or a 2-4 backgame.... but I'll try moving forward.  Mochy wrote a great article about backgames and the pip differential needed to take each type... really worthwhile reading)