News:

(**folks need to register to be able to see Fibsboard Forum Match diagrams and vote.** )

Main Menu

Tech: 4321 port

Started by phr, June 18, 2004, 11:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phr

Hi webrunner,

i have frequently problems playing FIBS from Intranets. Most well-configured Intranets won't let you communicate through port 4321.

Could you offer an 'official' port on your server that just routes through to fibs.com:4321 ???

That would be of great help to me and maybe others.

Cheers, phr

klic

Did you try Parlorplay (http://www.parlorplay.com). As far as I know it's still free

alef

Hi phr, just to explain: webrunner only runs this site, www.fibsboard.com, which is independent of the actual FIBS server. I believe FIBS has always only been through port 4321, so suspect there's little chance of it being changed by the administrator. Unfortunately this does suck for those with firewalls and such not which aren't port 4321 friendly. Though klic has a good point, ParlorPlay might be your secret passage in...

phr

@alef:
I know that fibsboard is independent. But still, it is a webserver - so webrunner could use an official port - like 8080 for example to route through to fibs.com:4321

ParlorBot is nice, but often crashes when I play. Also I want to run bots or my own clients, so ParlorPlay is really only the last choice for me.

Thank you anyway! phr.

alef

Ah, I see, that does sound interesting. Sure webrunner will comment when he gets back from his vacation...

magic_one

You can get to a FIBS telnet (port 4321) connection from http://www.gammon.com/

phr

Hi webrunner,

hope you've had a nice vacation!

I'm just posting here again to gain your focus. What do you think about that port-thing? May you route an 'official' port to fibs.com:4321 ?

Thanks, phr.

webrunner

Hi Phr,
I just noticed this thread.

it so happens that all standard ports are taken, except 8080 and 23 (telnet port).
tell me wich one you would prefer and i will see what i can do.

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

phr

Hi webrunner,

that's great! I would prefer port 23, as it is a telnet protocol for fibs.

If you could manage to route that through, it would be really great!

Thanks, phr.