News:

You can now show us where you live by placing a pin on the Google map in your profile.

Main Menu

FIBS Social on Santa Monica Beach

Started by artgeekette, May 14, 2004, 12:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artgeekette

:huh:   ^_^  ;)  :lol:  B)  :unsure:   :blink:  :(   :)    :D    :o    :wub:

All fibsters and friends welcome.  

Where:  There's a chess park next to the Santa Monica Pier (on the south side of the pier).  Lots of chess tables that'll accomodate backgammon sets.

When:  Soon?  : )

Why:  why.  hmm.  :D   resh_ lakish suggested it.   :P    &   a fun idea :D .  alef's offering up 2 t-shirts as prizes.  ocean air and sunshine B)

Please post and let me know if you're in.     -_-

resh_lakish

Great idea artgeekette!

Lots of tables and good gaming environment. Plus you get three hours free parking at santa monica place.

resh

webrunner

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

Ramses

Arrrg!!
Please tell us more about playing Bg sitting at the ocean and watching the sundown!
:cry2:
While its cloudy and rainy here.
Sniff :(

Hope you have fun! :rolleyes:  

diane

But can there be enough sun sea and sand to compensate for resh being there? ;)

Only kidding - have a great time  :D  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

slick

;)  seagulls play bg better than fibsters? ... mmm ... most probably  ;)  ;)  ;)

resh_lakish

Feklhr said she can come to the social in santa monica in July. So i suggest we have the social in July. It would be a honor for us to have her as a special guest :P

Further, the chess park idea was shot down, it is a little too seedy.

There is a large sports bar on the 3rd street promenade called "Yankee Doodles". I think that would be a great place to have it. One can park at the mall down the street for three hours free as well as there being other public parking in the area.