News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Game 2, move 6: r_monk to move 2-1

Started by diane, August 18, 2010, 09:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

r_monk

Not a very nice roll. I guess I can't leave the 8-point right now to make a safe 8/7 8/6 or can I? 4-4 and you're safe (6-2, 6-4, 6/5, 6/6 too).

6/4*/3 no option because you have a strong board... 13/11 6/5 or 13/10 for the same reason. 7/5 6/5 seems a bit attractive to me, but a direct hit is still too risky.

13/11 2/1 makes a bad board worse.

I think 11/8 is the best option, but I'm not sure (risk of 5-2 or 6-1)... But I have to take at least some risk, since there's no development at all in my position and 8/7 8/6 makes that even worse.
Being hit would be very bad, perhaps not immediately fatal because your blots are stripped now. But once hit, you'll go after the gammon quick. Still I play 11/8.

stog

r_monk

Completely missed that one. But now I'm again behind in the race, I wouldn't play that, cos I need my blots in front of your runner.