News:

check out the new Small ads section (Menu top left of  front page ... Snowie 4! SOLD!!!!advertise on fibsboard and turn all that "hanging around software "into ready cash -- small ads just £5!!!

Main Menu

Game 4, move 5 : Forum 5-6 and roadkillbooks 3-4

Started by diane, September 18, 2009, 10:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

We rolled 5-6, with only one sensible option, I nexted this one..Bar/20*/14

0G8bAAPguw0DQA:cAm3ACAAEAAA

Given rkb's reasons not to cube last time, it seemed unlikely that he would want to this time...so he rolled 3-4. 

Therefore rkb, white, is moving 3-4.

4LsNCwDgtw2AQQ:MIGxACAAEAAA
Never give up on the things that make you smile

roadkillbooks

I basically see to choices that while they are not different they cover different aspects of this position.  I want to keep my 4 prime and I want to unstack.  I also have to come in from the bar.  Since my 5 point is stacked, I think that I clearly want to build my board/prime from there.

Do I come in with a 3 or 4.  I see advantages and disadvantages for both.  If I come in on the 4 point, I will soon have 3 indirect shots at an outfield blot.  I will be able to run it with 6's.  Since this race and contact seems long and not very volatile,  I probaly wont want to run it anytime very soon.  That would push me to come in on the 3 point.  General wisdom says stay back and keep contact if you are not winning the race.  While this isnt yet a race position..the race essence is still there.  Argh.  I like them both  but I think Ill get more shots back than forward.  Forums position is also stacked and will soon have to bury checkers into the home board.  With my hands untied I just need a couple of rolls to unstack and build a monster board.

bar/23, 6/2

diane

Spoiler
I will move that when I get home tonight, but I would have considered moving the four from the back of the prime - which is now serving little purpose, and slot the 5pt...bar/23, 9/5. I know the stack is horrible, but so is a lone checker on the 2....
[close]
Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

Quote from: diane on September 19, 2009, 09:45:15 AM
I will move that when I get home tonight,

I'd suggest moving bar/22 6/2 instead, since bar/23 isn't legal.

And since we have some time to kill, we can start arguing whether to double or not:

Spoiler
We're 24 ahead in the pipcount, and we've escaped our runners.  We have a good blockade. He's got three men back, one of which is a blot.  OTOH, we have no board.  OTGH, he has no board either and has a blot in his board to boot. 

Applying Woolsey's law, it looks like a close pass, but I'm not sure.  That should mean it's a double. With him holding our 5 pt, gammons are unlikely, so it isn't too good to double.

I say turn the cube.  Double.

[close]