News:

Biggest free backgammon community - members from over 150 countries. Play backgammon for free on Fibs.com and enjoy the community on fibsboard

Main Menu

Match 1, Game 1, Move 7, Forum checker

Started by blitzxz, April 11, 2009, 07:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blitzxz

playBunny

Spoiler

There are only two choices for me.

I like 16/11 6/5* but the number of return hits (47% of rolls) gives me caution. There are four double-taps (5-2, 5-6) plus 5-5 which would be particularly unpleasant triple hit. Then there are 12 obvious single hits and some possibles (depending on the opponent's desire for a blotfest, eg. hitting loose on the ace point with a 6, or going to the wall, 3/1*(2), with a 2-2).

I voted for the unaggressive move, 17/16 8/3, commandeering our opponent's 9 point and slotting our home behind his blot. It's risk-free but it relies on the hope that there's enough awkwardness in his position that he'll present a shot.
[close]

NIHILIST

17-16, 8-3. I don't think you want to engage in a hitting contest here, especially with several blots that don't communicate very well. I would consolidate my position here knowing that I'm going to be in the game for a long time and there's not much opponent can do to hurt me with his next roll.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

Tomawaky

Spoiler
yes,  17-16, 8-3 also to consolidate and some other chances to hit next turn as opponent position is not really good. I considered also 6/5* but I am not sure it gain much against what we can lose on it.
[close]
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

lewscannon

I agree with Nihi. Not a very good roll to do anything with here. Who was that idiot that wanted to cube before this roll? I'm glad we didn't listen to him!

diane

I dont know, possibly the same one who wants to hit too, just cos everything else seems too slow  ;)  :laugh: :laugh:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

playBunny

Rollout 1296 trials, 2-ply
Spoiler

# .. Move ............ Equity .. (Diff) .... Win ...... WinG ... WinBg ---- Lose .... LoseG .... LoseBg
1 .. 16/11 6/5* ... -0.160 ................ 45.3% .. 16.7% ... 0.6% --- 54.7% .. 20.6% ... 1.8%
2 .. 17/16 8/3 ..... -0.174 (-0.014) ... 45.4% .. 13.8% ... 0.3% --- 54.6% .. 15.0% ... 0.7%
Std Err ................ 0.009 .................. 0.1% .... 0.2% ... 0.1% ---- 0.1% .... 0.2% ... 0.1%

Given the size of the potential error, there's nothing in it.
[close]

diane

Oooh, does that mean I wasn't very wrong to want to hit  :wacko: [and incidentally, I notice that I didn't agree with Lews here....  :laugh: :laugh:]
Never give up on the things that make you smile

blitzxz

I voted for hit also. You never has to ask twice from me to get in endless hitting battle (in backgammon I mean).   :)