News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2011 cheers! ..thx godwinson, webrunner, stog, spielberg*, hartkegirl, KissMyAss*, ettu*,  jackdaddy*, diane, caleb, sixty_something*, Zorba*, aviator, Tom*, anonymous*, roygbiv*, r_monk *

Main Menu

Game 3, move 0: Herd 3-2

Started by diane, December 29, 2010, 02:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Ok, herd are starting this one - and sgf file attached to date, to give ah_clem something to do with his holidays  ;)

As always - there are more choices, add them if you need to.

Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

Quote from: diane on December 29, 2010, 02:26:31 AM
Ok, herd are starting this one - and sgf file attached to date, to give ah_clem something to do with his holidays  ;)

Thanks, but I'm off skiing in Utah for the next ten days and won't have the software with me to do the rollouts. So it'll have to wait until I get back unless someone else wants to do the honors.

I may be able to chime in with a vote here and there, but expect my comments to be terse as I hate writing on an ipod.

Spoiler

I think S is the usual opening play, but $ and D are also quite viable.  U is good for DMP and gammon save, but that doesn't apply here.

My take is that at two points away form winning we should go for the gammon and play D, so that's my vote.  But I'm ok with S or $ .

[close]

diane

Quote from: ah_clem on December 29, 2010, 02:37:27 AM
Spoiler

I think S is the usual opening play, but $ and D are also quite viable.  U is good for DMP and gammon save, but that doesn't apply here.

My take is that at two points away form winning we should go for the gammon and play D, so that's my vote.  But I'm ok with S or $ .

[close]

That could be the most illuminating explanation of why one move is preferable over another that I have seen so far in any fibsboard match.  Long live the iPod...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

diane

We have a tie here - anyone care to add a comment as to why they have chosen one of the top two choices, to see if anyone can be persuaded to a different move?

stog

Spoiler
both the tied choices look good to me - so maybe one of the lesser votes needs to switch?
[close]

diane

skater...I should start asking you if you want to cube here...or is this a bit too early?

skater