News:

You can now show us where you live by placing a pin on the Google map in your profile.

Main Menu

Fibsboard Forum Match 18 Game 3 Move 8 Herd to move

Started by stiefnu, April 21, 2014, 04:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiefnu

Sadly for him, juanz got 64 and danced. The Herd now has 61 to play. Run for it? Make the bar point and leave two blots? Or some other inspired combo?

5-pt match, juanz 0-3 Herd
Pipcount: juanz (red) 175, Herd (black) 145

Steve

diane

Spoiler
I really do prefer clearing that back checker to somewhere safe. I cant see what making the bar point is adding to the position at this point.
It doesnt make it harder for my opponent to come in.
The checker on the 10 spot isnt in any extra danger from either move.
Not making the bar point doesnt make playing in and then out any easier for him, what with all the ammo we have out there.
Leaving that second blot all exposed up there, just feels all wrong, and my pattern recognition software [ie, my brain], doesnt like it one bit...
I am sure gnu, or even other fibsters can say this more convincingly with numbers..  ;)
Or maybe I am wrong..  :laugh:
[close]
Never give up on the things that make you smile

KDP

Spoiler
i agree w/ diane (did i just say that!?) i would just run to safety.  while making the bar point is useful its less useful now w/ his advanced anchor.  20-13 safey's a checker- if juanz came in w/ double  1's that would be very bad for us.  we can still make the bar at some point if needed. 
[close]

stiefnu

Spoiler
Very close vote after 24hrs. I'll leave it up for a while yet, in case someone else wants to vote or for a change of mind.

FWIW, I prefer the bar point, with a solid 3-prime/broken 5-prime structure. I don't think we have to be too worried about double ones, or his 1-pt board, do we? [famous last words  :laugh:]

Steve
[close]

stiefnu

Spoiler
Thinking about it further, given the match score, the crucial question to ask ourselves ought to be which is more likely to get us a gammon, and so the match? I reckon it must be 13-7, 8-7.

Steve
[close]

stiefnu

Aha, found the elusive match file, at last.

Steve

diane

That match file has only 1 move in it..I would do the analysis when voting is over, if you can get the full file..

stiefnu

diane

It is better, but ends at move 2..and this is move 8. I really would like to analyse this particular move..maybe I will rebuild the rest of the match..if it isnt too slow.

diane

No..I cant get to this position from the sequence of moves and the starting position in the file you have posted :-)

Can you work it forwards and post?

diane

If you cant get a match file uploaded, then go back to the move in gnu by clicking the arrows to scroll back through move history. When you get to this move, there will be a gnuID at the bottom right of the gnu screen. If you copy and paste that to here, I can analyse.

stiefnu

Hopefully the attached is the full file, there is no other I can find and it shows it as modified just a few minutes ago...

Steve

stiefnu

And this is the Gnu ID info:  Match ID cIm4AAAAGAAA  Position ID 4HPwAEaYc+IDAg

Steve