News:

hover/mouseover topics on the forum/board index, now gives you the preview of the first post within a topic

Main Menu

Dutch fibsmeeting 20th august 2005

Started by Noah, August 03, 2005, 04:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noah

Hello all,

In order to assess the show up, we ask any fibster that is considering coming
over to Utrecht to notify via fibsboard. If you do not have a fibsboard
account, please send a message to Me (Noah) or jtemp.
The following fibsters do not have to confirm, because they implicitly
already did: jtemp, Noah, wyzzz, Zorba, boomslang, coriend + harryd, patrixia.

Regarding location: the plan is for us all to meet at cafe "het Ledig Erf" around 13:00. We'll play
on the terrace of "het Ledig Erf" for as long as weather permits. The tourney will start on 14:00 o'clock.
Round dinner time we walk to the Irish Pub. Those who want to, can eat in 1 of the dozens of restaurants we walk along but i prefer the menu in the irish pub. In the evening we continue our tourney in the Irish Pub and at the end the evening we will hold an ceremony for winners and long travelers.

Since "Het Ledig Erf" is no longer a game cafe WE HAVE TO PROVIDE FOR OUR OWN
BOARDS! So, please, if it's travel-wise possible... BRING ONE, and let
either of us know (via fibsboard preferably or via email)!

Hope to see you all!

jtemp, Noah, boomslang
:cool:  
" If you're not living on the edge, you take too much space"

Deurdonderen

Noah

German translation

hallo zusammen,

damit wir uns auf das treffen mit deutschen fibstern freuen und für das turnier in utrecht eine teilnehmeliste zusammenstellen können, wäre es..... nett, wenn sich jeder, der kommt, über das fibsboard anmelden würde. wer kein fibsboard account hat, kann sich gerne bei mir (Noah) oder jtemp melden. die folgenden fibsters brauchen ihre teilnahme nicht zu bestätigen, da sie dies bereits getan haben: jtemp, Noah, wyzzz, Zorba, boomslang,coriend + harryd, Patrixia.

folgendes zum treffpunkt: geplant ist, dass wir uns alle gegen 13.00 uhrim cafe "Het Ledig Erf" treffen. wir werden dann dort auf der terrasse spielen, solange es das wetter zulässt. das turnier beginnt um 14.00 uhr. gegen abend werden wir zum irish pub gehen. wer mag, kann in einem
der unzähligen restaurants essen, an denen wir vorbeikommen. ich empfehle allerdings das essen im irish pub.
abends werden wir das turnier im irish pub fortsetzen und am ende eine kleine feier für die sieger und die "weitgereisten" veranstalten.

da das "Het Ledig Erf" kein "gamecafe" mehr ist, müssen wir selbst für die backgammonboards sorgen. wer es reisetechnisch möglich machen kann, sollte also ein board mitbringen und uns dies mitteilen (übers fibsboard oder per e-mail).

wir freuen uns drauf, euch alle zu sehen!

jtemp, Noah, boomslang usw
:beerdrinkers:

Deurdonderen

coriend

13.00 /14.00 is prob. too early for us...we will try but i cant promiss we make it at that time...i thought it started around 19.00 like the years before. 15.00/16.00 would be better for us but if the others agree with 13.00/14.00 we will see what we can do:)
see you all aug 20 !!

coriend

did anyone respond to you about  the time noah?  

Noah

he corien  :yes:
no i didn't get respons about the time and think also 14:00 pm is maybe a bit to early to start the tourney.

it depends about what kind of tourney we will play and how many players want to sign in.
i have experience with other gatherings like last year (boomslang and braindead playing the final by candle light) that we ran out of time at the end of the evening.

i am trying to prepare different kinds of tourneys with a variable lenght of players so we will be flexible enough to start a tourney at any time of the day. We can play chouette before we start any kind of tourney.

As we have more then one overseas travellers i prefer to meet in afternoon to know this fibsters better. On the fibsboard wyzzz has already anounced to come but the other is keeping telling me he can't announce it cause his cookies aren't working on his bugging windows machine. very scardy

Deurdonderen

wyzzz

coriend

okay thx noah  :yes:  so if i understand it right we can also come during the evening and play a tourney...thats great  :D  

jtemp

so we have a list now
Noah
Boomslang
webrunner
hypnosa
CorienD
HarryD
wyzzz
zdoc
zorba
diane
hardy_whv..::?????
jant
hup holland hup

jtemp

hup holland hup

scardy

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
I,ll be there to sample the fine beers of Holland play backgammon and have fun  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

milo

Seems like it's going to be a great gathering!  :beerdrinkers:

I have every intention of coming, but will not know for certain until much nearer the time - is that ok?

jtemp

if the weather is not good enough to play outside at Ledig Erf
PLEASE CALL ME at  XXXXXXXXXXXX
were we will hang around...........................................
hup holland hup

socksey

Webbie has warned about posting your phone number here or your address.  Not a safe thing to do as it may be harvested by spammers, etc.  Please send a personal email for that to the organizers.   ;)

socksey

"Learn from the mistakes of others.  You can't live long enough to make them all yourself." - Eleanor Roosevelt

jtemp

QuotePLEASE CALL ME at  XXXXXXXXXXXX
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ask me for the number please...............
hup holland hup

jtemp

QuotePlease send a personal email for that to the organizers.   ;)
socksey
uhhhhhhhhh...i'm the organizer
hup holland hup

Noah

Hi all,

For touristic information about  the city of Utrecht i recommend these sites.

http://www.utrechtstad.com/gb/

http://tkfy.asp4all.nl/vvvutrecht/uk/index_uk.htm

There is a beermarket at the plaza of cafe Ledig Erf that afternoon.

That's my favorite drink

Deurdonderen

Noah

A tourney diagram and a small price for saturday.

Deurdonderen

webrunner

So.. what is then definate time the meeting is starting?
I can come by but only from about 20:30
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

Noah

That's late and probably we would have start a tourney then.

No problem for me glad to see you again... :beerdrinkers:  

Deurdonderen

jtemp

:D  Anyone arriving later than 4.30 should go straight to Mikes irish pub  ;)  
hup holland hup