News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2010 cheers! .....webrunner, stog, spielberg, jackdaddy, adrian, BallardBG, diane , anononymous , Zorba , sixty_something, ah_clem , kapiti , Drake ,aviator & r_monk

Main Menu

*** FIBS Party in Berlin: 21.5.-23.5.2004 ***

Started by tryout, January 24, 2004, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy_whv

Hallo!

Zur Steigerung der Vorfreude könnt ihr dem 'Cafe Billard International' hier vorab schon einmal virtuell einen Besuch abstatten:

www.billard-international.de

Bis bald in Berlin,

Hardy_whv   B)

[size=8]----

Hi folks,

wanna have a look at the 'Cafe Billard International'?

www.billard-international.de

Looking forward to meeting you soon,

Hardy_whv   B)

[/size][/font]
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

acepoint

Hi all,

probability of arrival just raised to to 95%  ;) , I hope to see a lot of you there, and I also hope to get a lot of fun equity.

Ciao

acepoint

tryout

Hi acepoint,

Nice that we can finally meet in person. Looking already forward to the party.

Side note to any moderator: This thread/post was very likely intended to be a reply to "*** FIBS Party in Berlin: 21.5.-23.5.2004 ***". Maybe you could move it? [size=8][Done][/size]
GammonLeague -- Join free Backgammon tournaments
[size=8] [/size]
FIBS TEAM League -- Play Backgammon with friends in a team

diane

As i am looking forward to meeting you all - and spending a week exploring berlin  :)  - And seeing if i can fare better against tryout in person  :D  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

tryout

Hi party FIBSters, :D

As the big day(s) is coming closer, here are the latest news:

For those with a very tight schedule and who will only be able to come to the tournament, it will start at 16:00 on Saturday. We have chosen double elimination mode.
But of course we'll meet already at 14:00, both Friday and Saturday. If the mood is right we will run a (small ?) tournament already on Friday.

Please do not forget your Backgammon boards, and it would also be good if you bring a pen for writing down the score during the matches.

Btw, the cafe has 2 floors; below is mostly the Internet cafe. We'll meet upstairs!

Only 5 days left! :jump: :jump2:

Es ist nicht mehr lange hin, somit hier die letzten Neuigkeiten:

Für alle, die nicht viel Zeit haben und leider nur zum Turnier kommen, es fängt Sonnabend um 16:00 Uhr an. Wir spielen "Double Elimination", d.h. erst nach dem 2. verlorenen Spiel ist man draußen.
Aber natürlich treffen wir uns sowohl am Freitag als auch Sonnabend schon um 14:00 Uhr. Je nach Lust und Laune spielen wir schon am Freitag ein (kleines ?) Turnier.

Vergeßt bitte Eure Backgammonbretter nicht. Es wäre auch gut, wenn Ihr jeder einen Stift mitbringt, um die Spielstände mitzuschreiben.

Das Cafe hat 2 Etagen; in der unteren befindet sich hauptsächlich das Internetcafe. Wir treffen uns oben!

Nur noch 5 Tage!  :jump:  :jump2:  
[size=8] [/size]

Hardy_whv

Hallo!

Ich schlage vor, wir zählen in Stunden, damit der Countdown etwas lebhafter wird. Ausserdem muss ich mein FIBS-Board-Rating ("Awful") dringend verbessern.

Also:

Noch 109 Stunden (and counting)!

Bis bald,

Hardy_whv  B)

P.S.: Der Pokal ist so gut wie fertig!

tryout

40 hours, sleeping twice left until the party and 2 more posts for "beginner" ;)
[size=8] [/size]

Hardy_whv

Danke fuer die Fortsetzung des Countdowns    :yes:

BTW: Wo wird hier das "Rating" für das Posten im Forum erklärt? Die FIBS-Rating-Formel kenne ich. Wo finde ich die FIBS-BOARD-Rating-Formel? Und hilft hier Droppen auch? <Wie droppe ich im FIBS-Board?>

So, jetzt muss ich meine Präzisionswürfel erst einmal aufpolieren  :lol:

Bis in Kürze!

Hardy   B)

tryout

Hi everybody,

The party was great and the location turned out to be the perfect place for it! Those who didn't come really missed a lot. Some of us already met on Thursday evening. And Friday and Saturday the party went on with only little sleep in between.

On Friday we held a spontaneous tournament in order to practice for the next day. :) It was run in double elimination mode, and we got a full 16 players bracket. Bushsucks won the final against Igor (a local player).

The main tournament on Saturday was held again in double elimination mode with 17 players this time, so we needed a 32 players bracket. Hardy_whv is the German FIBS-party Champion of 2004! He beat samirah in the final, who thus made a very good runner-up.

Worth noting is that FIBS players came from 4 different countries to Berlin: Switzerland, England, Netherlands and of course Germany.
It was great to eventually meet a lot of you FIBSters in person. You were very enjoyable company!

See you all soon on FIBS! :D
[size=8] [/size]

alef

Excellent! Congrats to everyone involved. Nice to hear that you had other bg players involved as well. Hardy was one of the most enthusiastic in Frankfurt last year so I'm pleased he won. And huge credit to Tryout for putting the event together!

Chatting with diane last night we both felt quite excited about together organizing a major FIBS weekend in London in late August, more news will follow....  :D  

diane

Well, I am back home and at work now, so my holiday is officially over   :imissu:  but i have the memories of a great week with me   :) .

The tourney was heaps of fun, despite Houtx knocking me out of both events, i will get ya next time!! :P

I must say thanks to all those who put the event together, it was very well done - and i think all there had a great time.  As i have said more than once - you germans sure know how to party!! :LOL2:  

I shall be practising german - cos i intend to get along to the next one, and thx to all those who struggled along in english for me (as well as those who are fluent of course).

A very special thanks to juggler for his hospitality, without which i would not have been able to go - and for showing me round berlin and sharing a host of funny and interesting stories with me - i look forward to returning the favour in August  :)  
Though i cannot promise open all hours pubs and all night transport, i can be fairly certain IT WONT RAIN   :P  

deuce

Pics?

Any Pics?

Deuce, trying to be less "Awful". :)  

webrunner

WE WANT PICS!!! .....WE WANT PICS!!! :LOOOL:  :2drunk:  :guitar:  :beerdrinkers:  :beer:  :jump2:  
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

webrunner

QuoteDanke fuer die Fortsetzung des Countdowns    :yes:

BTW: Wo wird hier das "Rating" für das Posten im Forum erklärt? Die FIBS-Rating-Formel kenne ich. Wo finde ich die FIBS-BOARD-Rating-Formel? Und hilft hier Droppen auch? <Wie droppe ich im FIBS-Board?>

So, jetzt muss ich meine Präzisionswürfel erst einmal aufpolieren  :lol:

Bis in Kürze!

Hardy   B)
The more you post.. the better fibsboard rating you get.

:)
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

diane

Sorry - we are all very shy  - photos forbidden!! ;)  

tryout

QuoteExcellent! Congrats to everyone involved. Nice to hear that you had other bg players involved as well. Hardy was one of the most enthusiastic in Frankfurt last year so I'm pleased he won. And huge credit to Tryout for putting the event together!
Thanks a lot, Alef, but I have to forward the thanks especially to Hardy_whv, who helped in organizing, manufactured a really beautiful winner's cup and also plotted the tournament brackets on DIN A1 sheets. You and diane also deserve a big thank you for donating a FIBS t-shirt as a 2nd prize. And also thanks to all others who helped.

QuoteChatting with diane last night we both felt quite excited about together organizing a major FIBS weekend in London in late August, more news will follow....  :D
Good luck for this event!
[size=8] [/size]

Hardy_whv

Hallo allerseits,

ich habe die Party sehr genossen. Viele Nicks kann ich jetzt endlich einem Gesicht zuordnen. Ich habe mich sehr gefreut, Euch kennenzulernen! Die Party war insgesamt auch sehr international mit Gästen aus der Schweiz, Großbritannien und den Niederlanden. Sogar Berliner waren da  :D

Das einzige Missgeschick war, dass der von mir gestiftete Pokal leider von mir selbst gewonnen wurde :-/ Ich kann dieses Fauxpas nur dadurch ausbügeln, indem ich ich den Pokal in einen Wanderpokal für kommende Deutsche FIBS Partys umwandele! Folgende Regularien: Wer den Pokal 3 mal insgesamt oder 2 mal in Folge gewinnt, erwirbt den Pokal auf Lebenszeit. Wenn der Pokal nach insgesamt 7 Jahren keinen Besitzer gefunden hat, geht er an den Gewinner des Turniers der 7. Deutschen FIBS-Party. Und so sieht er aus:

Nun gilt es nur noch, einen Veranstaltungsort & Organisator für die nächste Party ausfindig zu machen!

Tryout, ich glaube, wir können uns gegenseitig auf die Schulter schlagen :) Und sollte sich im nächsten Jahr kein anderer Organisator finden, so machen wirs auch gerne noch einmal in Berlin, nicht wahr?!

Photos? Ihr wollt Photos?[/size] Hier sind sie:    www.HardyHuebener.de

Bis bald auf FIBS!

Euer Hardy  /  Hardy_whv

- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

Hi everyone!

I really enjoyed the party, happy to be able to map some nicks to faces and REAL people now. I am glad, we all met. BTW, the party was very international, with guests from Switzerland, Great Britain and The Netherlands. Even people from Berlin were there  :D

It really was my plan, NOT to win the cup myself. I only can help by converting the FIBS cup into a challenge cup for future German FIBS partys under the following regulations: Who wins the cup three times in total or two times in consecutive years will finally get the cup. If the cup is still without a permanent owner after 7 years, the winner of the 7th party tournament will receive the cup for lifetime.

I hope we will find an organizer for the German FIBS Party 2005.

Tryout, I think, we can congratulate ourselves  :)  If no other candidate shows up for the next party, we even would be willing to organize the next party as well, wouldn't we, tryout?

Looking forward to meeting you on FIBS soon,

Yours

Hardy  /  Hardy_whv

- - - - - - - -
www.HardyHuebener.de         <still under construction>

tryout

QuoteTryout, ich glaube, wir können uns gegenseitig auf die Schulter schlagen :) Und sollte sich im nächsten Jahr kein anderer Organisator finden, so machen wirs auch gerne noch einmal in Berlin, nicht wahr?!
Ja klar, gerne, aber natürlich nur in Berlin!  :)  
[size=8] [/size]