small dutch/german fibsmeeting in Utrecht, Holland

Started by coriend, September 13, 2007, 10:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coriend

Hi all,

We thought it would be nice to meet some people from fibs again, so we set a date: 24 november 2007.
We want to meet in a pub in Utrecht ( more info later)
Who is gonna join us?

erdbeere/coriend

Zorba

The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

Ramses

Yes great idea!! :cool:
I keep the last meeting in Utrecht well in mind.
But why not the 17th, so i have a chance to join it.  :)

Ramses

just checked the calendar the 17th might as bad as the 24th  :unhappy:
So you can leave it as it is.

scardy

Hi Corien ...Harry :cool: I will try to be there and hope to catch up with everyone although my backgammon wont be to good as i ve not played anyone for about a year.Are Jan and Jeroen about these days ? Ive seen Martin (unlucky in the final mate)on Harvey W excellent web site. Would we play in the Irish pub? Cheers

coriend

ramses, too bad that you cannot join us!

Scardy would be great if you can make it, we dont know about the location yet, we just wanted to see if anyone would join us, The irish pub from the last meeting was a nice place, so thats a good option.
We didnt plan to organize a tourney but if anyone feels for a tourney he/she can feel free ofcourse:)

Ramses

Maybe i will join too, but i might show up late at Utrecht

samirah

Hi Coriend,

good idea!!!  :cool:     and we're coming  :)

Looking forward,

sam

coriend

great that you are comming too Sam, looking forward to meet you! :thumbsup2:

coriend

hi all

this is the plan:

We are going to meet in Mick O"Connels irish pub.
http://www.geocities.com/mick_oconnells/map.html

We will meet eachother there at 13.00, to socialize, and having a tourney. At the pub we can also order dinner...

If you are sure that you are going to join us, than please let us know here!

See you all on november 24  :)

Erdbeere/Corien

kleine_meid

Just a newbie but i'd love to come !
So count me in

:yes: :yes: ;)

coriend

great Kleine-Meid and djidjadji see you on nov 24!!  :thumbsup:

erdbeere

hi all  ;)

here the final timetable for our meeting in utrecht:

we will meet at 14.00 (instead of 13.00) in the irishpub(http://www.geocities.com/mick_oconnells/map.html)
coriend made reservations there, so we will not get space-problems.  :cool:

boomslang will organize a small tourney (it will last from about 15.00 to about 18.00), probably 5-pointer and a consolation-round.  :nr1:

then its dinnertime with hopefully good irish food and some nice guiness and kilkenny  :beerdrinkers:  :eten:

see you all next saturday!
erdbeere
Backgammon im Kölner Süden:
www.backgammon-koeln.de

socksey

Hope someone remembers to take lots of pictures to post on fibsboard!   :yes:

socksey

You should not confuse your career with your life. - Dave Barry

webrunner

I'm sorry, i won't be able to make it :(
My house is a wreck and i have my hands full that dat with a Sinterklaas party. (dutchies will understand)

I wish you lots of fun and good matches!
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

Zorba

Thanks everyone for the great party!  :thumbsup2:

Congrats erdbeere for winning the main tourney  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (but I will never play you again grrr  :happy:)

Fun to see some fibsters back again and a few new faces too! Until the next FIBS-party!!!  :yes:

The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

coriend

It realy was good fun yesterday, too bad we had to leave before the final!!! btw... congrats erdbeere  :thumbsup2:
And thx boomslang for organizing and leading the tourney  :cool:

erdbeere

great meeting indeed  :yes:

luise and sven had fun with playing dart, backgammon and nintendo, the others with bg, talking, guinness, bg, eating, smoking, bg and winning a tourney...  :cool:  (well organized of boomslang  :kiss2:)

and big fun that we had nice greeks around who showed us the greek way of playing bg  ;)

see you all soon again i hope!

erdbeere
Backgammon im Kölner Süden:
www.backgammon-koeln.de

coriend