News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

EURO FIBS Party 2008 finally scheduled!

Started by Hardy_whv, June 05, 2008, 05:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lewscannon

Quote from: inim on August 14, 2008, 05:32:17 PM
Bitte nicht, die Veranstaltung kostet für Reise, Planung etc. schon sehr viel Zeit. Bitte nicht noch auwändiger machen, ich habe keine Lust noch ein Geschenkt einkaufen zu müssen. Dito für die Kosten, wir haben Leute die abgesagt haben weil 100 â,¬für die Ãœbernachtung zuviel sind. KISS = keep it small and simple.

Please don't, the time spent for travel and logistics already is significant. Please don't complicate it any more. I hate the idea to have to spend even more time with buying a present. Similar for the cost, please keep in mind we had a case where 100 â,¬ of expenses for lodging was already too much. KISS = keep it small and simple.

Vielleicht könnten Sie einfach mit Ihrem Bass und Ihren Kolleginnen und Serenade fibsters. Dies wäre ein Geschenk von Herzen und daher von unschätzbarem Wert.

Maybe you could just bring your bass and serenade your fellow fibsters. This would be a present from the heart and therefore priceless.

Hardy_whv

Okay, there will be NO present exchange during the party. Relax everyone.

Hardy  B)

Okay, verstanden: Kein Wichteln.

Hardy  B)
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

Hardy_whv

Well, have to correct myself. Of yourse there will be a present exchange, as presents change from me to you. I have:

- prizes for the winners of the FIBS-Party Cup (as every year),
- the challenge cup (only for the duration of one year),
- the licensed backgammon software BGBlitz for the winner of the main tournament and
- a brand new, very beautiful backgammon board, that will be raffled amongst all participants on Saturday

The address of our house for the party is:

Maibüsch 3
56766 Ulmen /Eifel

Does anyone require a detailed description how to get there?

Looking forward to seeing you next weekend  :thumbsup2:

Hardy  B)

P.S.: For the Saturday torunament points for the German Backgammon Ranking List will be given.

Möchte meine letzte Aussage zum "Wichteln" präzisieren: Natürlich gibt es Geschenke, und zwar von mir:

- Die üblichen Preise für die Gewinner des FIBS-Party Cup (wie jedess Jahr),
- den Wanderpokal, jedoch nur leihweise für ein Jahr,
- die lizensierte Backgammonsoftware BGBlitz und
- ein wunderschönes Backgammon-Board, das unter allen Teilnehmern am Samstag verlost wird:

Die Adresse unseres Hauses für die Party ist übrigens:

Maibüsch 3
56766 Ulmen /Eifel

Braucht jemand noch eine Anreisehilfe?

Freue mich schon auf nächstes Wochenende  :thumbsup2:

Hardy  B)

P.S.: Für das Turnier am Samstag gibt es Ranglistenpunkte für die Deutsche Backgammon Rangliste

Paul_William

Hi Hardy  :)

Yes, I will require detailed instructions of how to get there, please

Hardy_whv

Quote from: Paul_William on August 15, 2008, 11:38:09 AM
Yes, I will require detailed instructions of how to get there, please

Hi Paul,

where in Germany do you start? Do you arrive somewhere via airplane from Scotland? Or do you travel by car? If I know your starting point I can assemble a personalised description.

Hardy B)

Hardy_whv

Here is a description how to get to the FIBS Party. It shows and describes the last 3 km fom Autobahn A48 exit "Ulmen" to the house.

http://www.hardyhuebener.de/tmp/fp2008_anreise.jpg

Don't forget to bring your boards!

Cu tmrw!

Hardy  B)

Unter dem Link findet ihr eine Wegbeschreibung der letzten 3 km von der Autobahnausfahrt "Ulmen" der A48:

http://www.hardyhuebener.de/tmp/fp2008_anreise.jpg

Bis morgen also und vergesst eure Boards nicht!

Hardy  B)

samirah

Once again it was a great party, despite of the weather!

Thank you all for coming and I hope to see you all next year.

Congratulations to michaelsw,  well done hunny! (gammon baby  :)!! )

Take care and looking forward for next year's party,

sam

erdbeere

i just can agree with you, sami:
it was big fun to meet you all again!
and to meet new interessting fibsters!  :cool:

again a xxx-thank to sami for cooking so tasty. and to michael for doing all the exhausting shopping. and to hardy for hosting the exciting tourney.  :giveflower:

looking forward to the next meeting, wherever it will be  ;)

erdbeere

PS to wintom and boomslang: luise and me will excercise tablefootball and beat you next time for sure!
Backgammon im Kölner Süden:
www.backgammon-koeln.de

Hardy_whv

Yep, as usual, the party was great fun  :thumbsup: Congrats to michaelsw for winning the FIBS-Party Cup a second time! Noah was runner up, both in the warm-up and in the main.

A small collection of photos is online here: http://www.hardyhuebener.de/photos/fibsparty2008_1.html

Those are with German descriptions. The English version will require some more days.

Hardy  B)

Ramses

Thank you for sharing the photos, Hardy. As far as i can see, i missed a good party. I hope i can make it next time. Congrats to Michael and Noah and my respect to the Organizators of this Event.

Ramses

Paul_William

Thanks Hardy, for the fun meeting.  Organised with true German efficiency - one would expect no less :)

And thanks to Sami for the great cooking, and Kerstin for all the hard work.

Attached is a photo of Michael's final roll in the grand final.  Note the position. Is Michael a bot?

socksey

QuoteAttached is a photo of Michael's final roll in the grand final.  Note the position. Is Michael a bot?

Oh my gosh!  Must be a Bot!   :lol:  Nice going!

Wow, the pics were great!  Made me feel like I was there.   ;)

What a great group!

socksey

"One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do." - Henry Ford

Noah

Hello,

the meeting was great, thanks all for being there and special thanks for Samirah, Michaelsw and Hardy who created a perfect recipe for organizing a fibsparty.
With all kind of drinks, superb food and fresh Eiffel air, i had all the ingredients i need to play a good tourney.
I also would like to make compliments for the deejays Grottenolm and Codeyen...

About the 9 pt match final and the photofinish i would like to comment that it was michaelsw who had an advantage to 3-3 and he hold that advantage from 5-3 to 5-4. The next game it was me who wanted to force some things and i cubed after i made an  anchor and good builders in the outboard. I had no strong home-board and michaelsw countered me professionally with a take and some nice rolls.
Then michaelsw controlled the mid-game and was in advantage when the endgame started.
My question were:
1. do i have a 25 to 33% chance to win this game if michaelsw re-cubes.
2. As it was late (02:45h), do i want to play games to come back from 2 away- 5 away when there is a chance to win the tourney now.

With both 12 chequers to go at bearoff michaelsw let go his patience and decided to pay off his advantage now.
Knowing i needed a better double and good rolls i took and re cubed.
The final rolls with a 44 and a 55 is what made backgammon such an exciting game.
Congrat's Michael, well done... :nr1:

My pictures of a fantastic weekend can be seen on:

http://fibs.wickydesign.nl/20080822FibspartyUlmen/index.htm

Hope to see you all next time....  :thumbsup2:
" If you're not living on the edge, you take too much space"

Deurdonderen

Zorba

Well what can I say...the others above already mentioned all the good stuff about the party! Thanks to everyone for creating such a nice atmosphere this weekend :thumbsup2: Organisation was even better than it already was at previous parties, both the tourney and catering :eten: Nice music as well!

Next year, I will try to get some sleep in advance and finally take that trophy.  :) See you then!

Here's a clip from "the day after"... too bad I forgot to film some of the saturday tourney action but better than nothing.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=-noQbSppKrY

I have a bunch of pictures too, I'll see if I can upload them somewhere. Any tips?
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

Ramses

Hmmmm, you have a bunch of photos? need a hint where to upload them?
Hmmmm.
Hey what about Fibsboard. i just found a thread there, about the gathering of fibsters in Ulmen. why don't you try it there?  ;)

Zorba

It's possible Ramses, but not very convenient to upload 50 photos here.

I decided to try my luck with the free Google Picasaweb for now. It was quite easy to get started with and has some easy tools for rotation, correcting lighting etc.

Sorry for the delay folks, but my pictures are finally online now:

http://picasaweb.google.com/zorba1968/FIBSParty2008UlmenGermany#

If you click "Slideshow" from there, you can sit back and watch. Hope you enjoy!  :s35:
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

socksey

Good choice, Zorbroooo!  ;)  Great pics!  Thx for sharing!   :thumbsup2:

socksey

"These parents, they think I'm a role model for their kids, that their kids look at me as some sort of idol. But it's the parents' job to make sure their kids don't turn out that shallow." â€" Britney Spears

Hardy_whv

Hi Zorba,

sorry for replying so late, beacause I could have offered some webspace  :sleep:

But the website you found actually looks even more suitable than mine .... Anyway, the pics are great  :thumbsup: The give a glimpse of the fun we had there!

Thx,

Hardy  B)

rossa

Hello Zorba!

Very pretty pictures!  :)

You are lovely persons!   :yes:

rossa   :thumbsup: