News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Fridays 3 - On Trial....

Started by diane, July 30, 2006, 11:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Since the current time seems to be difficult for a lot of regular tourney players to attend - we have decided to trial some other times and see what works best.  For August and September, Fridays3 will change times and run at 16.00 UTC.  If this works out - it may become a regular slot - or we may look at other times.  Come and participate and lend your support if you would like to see this tourney run at a time when more players can take part. See ya at 1600 UTC next Friday  :D  :D

Now all that remains is for me to remember  :D  :D  :D  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

adrian

After two years I have a chance to play Fridays 3!

Tx Diane!  
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

diane

So adrian - where were you....  :(

The time seemed to attract more players - we shall see how this goes over the rest of the trial period - and keep posting opinions please - we are interested to try other practical times.

diane

OK - this seems to be a more popular time all round, and is certainly easier to TD. As a result, fridays3 will be held at 16:00 UTC regularly (well up until the next daylight savings time - when it will move, so you dont have to  ;))

We will also be following the bago example - and adding the 1 pt for taking part feature.  It is hoped this might help reduce play off situations, and also mean no one goes home with nothing  :)

socksey

Normally, this would be a good time for me, but lately other things have been hampering my Fibs time all around.  I'll try to play today. 

I like the 1 pt rule.  I may start using that in Mini-Matches also.  We seem to be having lots of ties lately. :dry:

socksey

"To avoid situations in which you might make mistakes may be the biggest mistake of all." - Peter McWilliams

Zorba

Okay thanks for the pointers in the other thread diane! So, just to be sure, I take it normal f3 times are for now:

Registration opens:

17:00 UTC = 17:00 GMT (UK), 18:00 MET/CET (W-Europe), etc.

Tourney starts 20 minutes after that.

:kaffeepc:
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

diane

Quote from: Zorba on November 19, 2006, 11:39:08 PM

17:00 UTC = 17:00 GMT (UK), 18:00 MET/CET (W-Europe), etc.

Tourney starts 20 minutes after that.

Yup  :), the times are also shown on the fibsleaguegammon site - with the explanation that it changes as daylight savings times change to keep constant times for players.