News:

Biggest free backgammon community - members from over 150 countries. Play backgammon for free on Fibs.com and enjoy the community on fibsboard

Main Menu

Team Match FIBS - GAMMONZONE

Started by Tomawaky, May 18, 2009, 06:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomawaky

Hello,

We want to organize a Match versus 2 of the best Free Online Tournament : GAMMONZONE and FIBS

After reflexions with some others players and contact with GammonZone

We finally reach to this concept :

A team of five players from each server + two next reserved (in case of illness, no show, computer trouble etc.)
5 fibs players playing vs 5 GZ players at FIBS one day, in 9 Pts matchs (one match at a time for the watchers)
5 fibs players playing vs 5 GZ players at GAMMONZONE another day (3 months later, less or more ...), in 9 Pts matchs also.

Started at five in the afternoon, European time, perhaps on a Sunday, it would make it possible for Europeens and Americans to watch and play

Now I need to create the FIBS TEAM who will take part in this event.
And one good way to select it would be to let each fibster voting for 5 players.
=> Send me email at FLG

Subject must be : VOTE FIBS TEAM

Message must contain your 5 favorite players in order of preference.

Then I will ask to the 7 players who get the more points (5 for first, 4 for second, ...etc) if they would be agree to take part and select players in descending order if some refuse.

Now I wait for your vote  :yes:
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Tomawaky

Only 5 votes  :blush:
Nobody else interested in this event ?
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

PersianLord

Sender : PersianLord

Subject : VOTE FIBS TEAM

Message : 1- NIHolympic 2- dorbel 3- gumpi 4- elmicho 5- Zorba

... Message sent Successfully ...
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

NIHILIST

NIHO, TheCube, dorbel, gumpi, zorba

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

manxcat

sounds like a good plan, even though i won't get to play.

And just a suggestion, but get the response thingie off outlook.  lots of people won't answer cuz you have to register with google, like me who own't do it.
I would rather be villified for doing the right thing, than be praised for doing the wrong thing. -unknown, very likely it was me.

diane

Sender : diane

Subject : VOTE FIBS TEAM

... Message sent Successfully ...
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tomawaky

:cool: Ok that's better, 11 votes posted.

Here is the complete result

We wait for you to complete and make a final standing ;-)

diane

Quote from: Tomawaky on May 31, 2009, 10:13:55 AM
We wait for you to complete and make a final standing ;-)

Is there something we need to do now?

Tomawaky

nothing for the moment I hope there will be some others vote soon ;-)

Ramses

oops! i just noticed that the order of my suggestion made a difference.  :( but i think it wouldn't change much at the overall-result.

Tomawaky

socksey

Wait a minute!   :(  My name isn't on the poll!  I demand a new poll!   :laugh:

socksey

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

diane

Quote from: socksey on June 07, 2009, 05:02:50 AM
Wait a minute!   :(  My name isn't on the poll!  I demand a new poll!   :laugh:

You can still vote, the results arent finalised yet, just better than when only 4 had voted. He is still waiting to 'complete and make a final standing'  :thumbsup:

Tomawaky

Quote from: socksey on June 07, 2009, 05:02:50 AM
Wait a minute!   :(  My name isn't on the poll!  I demand a new poll!   :laugh:

There was no name on the poll. Every player is free to give any name he want

Tomawaky

This is the final result  :o

The team  :grouphug: will consist of Dorbel - gumpi - roadkillbooks - zorba - and last member and joker will be selected between _Z_, TheCube, runnerup, schligolch, jukins, sakis.

Tomawaky

Do you know how to contact _Z_ and TheCube who would be normally in the team with Dorbel, gumpi, roadkillbooks, zorba and elmicho ?

We want to pick the Saturday or Sunday for the first meeting.

_Z_

Thanks for the consideration, but I have to sit this one out. I can't be sure enough of my schedule.

_Z_

Tomawaky

Thanks for your answer.
Now is our team :
- dorbel
- gumpi
- zorba
- roadkillbooks
- TheCube

With elmicho and schigolch as joker

and me as super joker :wacko:

We now try to play this first match one sunday in september.

Sunday September 13th for the first round if everybody is ok with match starting every hour
from 3PM to 7PM GMT/UTC

We also decide by random if the first match would be play at fibs or Gammonzone.

You will keep informed as soon it would be definitive...

Tomawaky

:cool: We will certainly play this sunday at Fibs vs Gammonzone.
I will confirm as soon as possible

stog

good well done good luck fibsdudes!
can someone post a "how to register  & watch on gammonzone" if necessary?

dorbel

The first leg is on fibs. For the return match, http://www.safeharborgames.net/ is the address. You'll need to register and download. Log in, go to backgammon and gammonzone is in room TR10. Click on the icon of the table that you want to watch.
Playing shouldn't pose any difficulties for experienced fibsters and the help desk is quick and helpful. Not as good as fibs of course, but a nice free site with other games.

adrian

Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

Tomawaky

adrian

:unhappy: I am not sure here, can the gammonzoners play 9 pointers on fibs with such low experience? Does anybody know?
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

dorbel

stog

latest/final report:  dorbel takes final match making it fibs 3 gammonzone 2 ---
next matches are on their server..
well done all -good matches to watch :)

results

TheCube12-6Cubehead
Zorba6-10jimschothorst
roadkillbooks9-4wuffers
elmicho3-10ExxWhy
dorbel9-5LAT_Ronald

all 9 Pts Matches

Tomawaky

Tomawaky

The Second match will be held at GZ this sunday  :thumbsup2:

If you want to support our team :cool: you can look at the link for Safe Harbor games (SHG) where GammonZone plays.

http://www.safeharborgames.net

They ask some basic questions like are you 13 years old, your player nick name, etc and then download the software.  Once you are done you will see several games, click on the dice for backgammon and look for The Helm â€" Tournament under which you will see TR10 GammonZone.  That’s here !  If you have any problems please use the “Contact us” link on the main page for SHG.  They are very helpful.

You can see here too the schedule

Zorba

I've been looking around onf the SHG site but I have no clue how to actually play backgammon. I downloaded something, but that doesn't play backgammon. If I click on a bg room (which room should I go to?), Firefox asks me which application to use. Some instructions would be very welcome!
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

Zorba

Ok, I figured it out, with help from jdg on FIBS. Should anyone else have a problem like me, here's the solution: If, after installing the software and registering, Firefox (or maybe IE too) pops up a "Launch..." window asking you which application to use for the (room) link, go to your C:/Program Files or where you installed it, then SafeHarborGames.net/SHG and click SafeHarborGames.EXE.

See ya tomorrow!  :)
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

Tomawaky

spielberg

FIBS 2 Gammon Zone Nil , Rien , Nada (God we were lucky!)