News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

FIBS Tournament Schedule

Started by sixty_something, May 26, 2010, 08:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty_something

World Time for FIBS Tourney Schedule stog edited 2017

UTC

New York
USA/Eastern

Sydney
AUS/Eastern

the above table can be edited from within Google by Tom, but any edits to this part of the post here on Fibsboard can only be done by admin(stog) as it is in html

yes good idea (have added link to the Fibs section of the LH Front pge Menu), just set up links to where folks can get details on the particular tourney. i'll set up the first for you; work can wait - just linking to the appropriate board - see above

also available is Fibs-o-nacci (matches can be played anytime within a week) --link also on front page LH menu, along with link to Fibsleague ( where matches can be played anytime within a 3 month period) and team-gammon

also see Tourney Boards here

the above table can be edited from within Google by Tom, but any edits to this post here on Fibsboard can only be done by admin as it is in html

SEE STOG EDIT ABOVE & BELOW
ps tom updates the google calendar --> pls contact him when u need updates or edits thx

---below is the original sixty post-- above is from stog 18/3/2017

Regularly scheduled weekly tournaments at FIBS are in the list below.  Some tournaments have registration prerequisites or limits which can generally be waived by simply asking the TD if he/she will *ALLOW* you to play. Some have a long tradition like Bago and F3's and some have their own championship series associated with them, e.g. Bago, Mini Matches, and the Bloody Mary. Regardless, if you play at FIBS and don't play in one or more of these each week you are missing a lot of fun.

Other tournaments may be organized using TourneyBot or Challonge at almost any time. Some may occur at about the same time each week, but not be on a fixed schedule. Those tourneys are not included here, but are always a lot of fun, too.

To simplify keeping this schedule up to date, including during DST changes, the schedule lists the LOCAL time the tourney follows. In the next post there are clocks showing the current time for each of those timezones. Just look at the proper clock to see how see a specific tourney is.

To find the next tournament due, at any time, send a tell to tourneybot 'tourneys'. It will tell you anything playing, registering, and the next one due. ie:
You tell TourneyBot: tourneys
TourneyBot says: No matching tourneys.
TourneyBot says: Registration for Tampa Sevens at Nine opens at  8:30 PM EDT (0030 UTC) in about 2 hours and starts 30 mins later.

The full schedule: Match lengths for regular rounds and finals vary. They are listed in the 'format' column.

removed out of date image - stog 2017

socksey recommends this site World Clock where you can click on a city in your time zone to find your UTC differential.   :yes:

Now, one of the answers to the question of where is a schedule of FIBS tournaments can be simply saying, "See "

:s40:

stog edit aug 20 2016

A reporter has made the following comment:
QuoteThe document bg tourney schedule update.docx below is missing and I depend on it for registering times/start times.Where has it gone ?It has all the information but in an open format.I keep getting a 404 - Attachment Not Found message.This never happened before?

I have looked into this, and i'm sry i can't find a fix at the moment -- the attachment seems to be on the server, with correct permision, but can't be accessed -- it might be because of new server security -- it being a m'soft docx NOW FIXED but -- also i don't think sixty maintained or updated the doc for many many years -- please use the Google Calendar in the next post.
tom updates the google calendar
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

stog

World Time for FIBS Tourney Schedule

UTC

New York
USA/Eastern

Sydney
AUS/Eastern

the above table can be edited from within Google, but any edits to this post here on Fibsboard can only be done by admin as it is in html

yes good idea (have added link to the Fibs section of the LH Front pge Menu), just set up links to where folks can get details on the particular tourney. i'll set up the first for you; work can wait - just linking to the appropriate board - see above

also available is Fibs-o-nacci (matches can be played anytime within a week) --link also on front page LH menu, along with link to Fibsleague ( where matches can be played anytime within a 3 month period) and team-gammon

also see Tourney Boards here

the above table can be edited from within Google by Tom, but any edits to this post here on Fibsboard can only be done by admin as it is in html

stog

here is latest bago - from challonge - auto updated

and f3

for more info on embedding Your Tourney see here http://www.fibsboard.com/other-tournaments/bago-4-may-2010/msg22327/#msg22327

to setup a tourney see Tourneybot here
or see the Challonge site, where u need to register anyway to take part in tourneys run there

socksey

wow, i found how to increase my font size today, so that makes everything BETTER!  maybe i will rethink posting the challonge brackets.   ;)  would make my life easier, now, if i could just find an easier way to post to tomawaky................

socksey

sixty_something

wow, making something easier is half the battle .. now if it can just be simple as well ;)

i remember talking to the F3 crew back when Kari Grande and the other founder were turning things ove to adrian .. as i recall, there was an Excell spreadsheet involved .. if that is what is causing you some grief, i may be able to help there .. if so, let me know in chats or by phone sometime

p.s. how did you increase your font size and where is Kari Grande .. i miss him
e-mail me

socksey

Kari is lost to poker, I believe.  Not sure, but he only shows up once in a blue moon now.

I messaged you this but maybe it can be helpful to more here.  Try ctrl + to enlarge font.  It seems to work for me everywhere.  I found the solution at gmail.com help file.   :yes:

socksey

"Cannibal: someone who is fed up with people." - Anonymous

stog

sixty_something

Ctrl + works great and can be used repeatedly to zoom in on a readable font :cool: .. similarly, Ctrl - reduces the font .. these old eyes are very happy with this new toy  :thumbsup2:
e-mail me

dorbel

The return of 60, welcome though it is, reminds me of the Gary Larsen cartoon where a room full of sheep are at a cocktail party. One of the guests is saying, "This is dreadful. Nobody knows what to do and they are all milling about all over the place...........oh thank God, here's a border collie just coming in."

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

sixty_something

When the Zen master asked his dog, "What time is it?", the dog eagerly responded, "The time is now!"

c'est la vie :lol:
e-mail me

stog

magic_one

Quote from: sixty_something on May 26, 2010, 08:42:09 PM

• SUN - Sunday Session (3/5) 0900/0930 UTC (20:00 AEST)

for those of us, like me, who have trouble keeping up with time in our own time zone, socksey recommends this site World Clock where you can pick a city near you to find your UTC differential .. for example, Texas time is UTC -5 hours during daylight savings time

(1)   What means AEST, and how will this information help me?

(2)   How can texas time be UTC - 5?  When I type "time" into FIBS input area, it says EST (New York city time) is UTC - 5?

diane

AEST is Australian Eastern Standard time..which is very different from, and not to be confused with, Eastern Standard Time [America]. AEST is stated for the people for whom the tournament is intended, Australians. UTC time is stated as it is a global standard time and the same at any time of the year [it does not do daylight savings changes], so you can work out when the tournament occurs in your own time zone.

So - if you are in AEST, and the tournament is therefore at 09.00 UTC+11, it will be at 20:00 locally [allowing for the fact that when daylight savings comes in to effect it will be UTC+9].

If you are in UTC-5 [at daylight savings], then it will be at 9:00-5:00, which is 4am.

So - you identify your local time zone, and what it is in UTC at the current time of year, and you can work out when the tournament willl be locally.

The planner, or world clock can help with all this, because it is a bit of a headache  ;)

moonshadow123

For those that use the Firefox browser, I find the add-on FoxClocks to be invaluable-- it is fully customizable, doesn't take up a lot of space and the current time of the time zones you select are always shown on the bottom of the browser window.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/foxclocks/

diane

Added - cute, thanks  :cool:

It is telling me it is still Wednesday in the US pacific - enjoy, it was a good day  ;)

socksey

Quote from: moonshadow123 on February 16, 2011, 11:28:16 PM
For those that use the Firefox browser, I find the add-on FoxClocks to be invaluable-- it is fully customizable, doesn't take up a lot of space and the current time of the time zones you select are always shown on the bottom of the browser window.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/foxclocks/

Thx moonshadow!  I recently began using Mozilla Firefox again and this is perfect!   :yes: 

In the clocking process, I discovered the World Clock website has made some changes and IMHO for the worse.  I had to search for the meeting planner which I found under the "time zones" tab. 

I had the same problem with the NEW worse container for whey protein today!   :mad:  I called to complain about the larger cap which my girlie fingers could barely manage to get a bad grip on, so they are sending me some coupons which I may never use, and registering my complaint!   :o  Probably some designer MAN with large hands did it!   :idea2:  That's the problem with new ideas!  Sometimes they are far worse than the original.  :P

socksey

The past is but the beginning of a beginning. - H.G. Wells

sixty_something

it's that time of year again when schedules and personal clocks get all screwed up thanks to Daylight Savings Time (DST) which began last Sunday in the USA

TourneyBot, which uses UTC time, did not recognize the DST shift starting the Bloody Mary last Sunday an hour later than it should have .. vegas_vic, our new Bloody Mary TD, started a Challonge bracket on time at 11 AM EDT (10 AM Texas time - CDT) .. i'm not sure what happened with the Monday/Three Five or the Work Can Wait Forever tourneys .. the Tuesday Three/Five started at the correct local time (11 AM CDT) and Bago, a European based tourney, started an hour later than usual for me at 3 PM CDT which is correct since Europe and others doesn't begin DST until March 27th

according to Tom, TourneyBot admin, remaining AUTOMATIC TourneyBot tourneys this week such as the Three/Fives, F3, Mini-Matches, the Bloody Mary, and others will start at their correct local time for those of us in the USA, that is adjusted to DST, as necessary .. for the next two weeks, anyone outside the USA will have to adapt to our DST by arriving to play an hour earlier than normal

according to Patti, the FIBS clock is off for "two weeks" due to the FIBS server software being in sync with "when the US used to" change to DST .. fortunately, two weeks from now is when the rest of the world seems to switch over to DST on March 27th .. so, ALL tournaments would be back on our familiar local time schedules soon

i've been trying to keep this list of regularly scheduled tourneys at FIBS current, accurate, and complete for almost a year now .. like many things around FIBSworld, there is much more to it than meets the eye .. DST time changes have always been a long standing challenge to keep straight at FIBS for regular tourney players .. it is again this year

additionally, socksey recently added Tanika's new tourney, Saturday Night Fever, to the list .. if there are any other new tourneys, that is tourneys occurring at the same time each week, please let me or socksey know and we'll add them to the list as well .. effective today, i have removed the After Nine tourney from the regular tourney list .. hopefully, Naavanaxx will re-join us and continue the A9's where he left off soon

a current list of regularly scheduled tourneys is always available from the FIBS Board home page at Tourneys schedule over in the left hand column .. click at the hyperlink above to see it in a separate window .. corrections would be most appreciated

Happy Spring everyone and thanks, Tom, socksey, and Patti

e-mail me

sixty_something

it's ALMOST that time of year again when schedules, personal clocks, and tourney start times get all screwed up thanks to Daylight Savings Time (DST) which will be ending the first Sunday in November in the USA

last spring we had quite a mess trying to get this schedule correct .. getting TourneyBot to start the tourneys at the correct time was another story .. almost every season since i have been maintaining this schedule has been a mess for a week or more around the time change .. thus, i am taking a little preemptive action today to at least get us thinking about it .. perhaps someone better than me can suggest how we can have a smooth DST transition for our regularly scheduled FIBS tourneys .. for example, here is just one little wrinkle

QuoteUK residents, be aware that the United Kingdom ends
daylight savings time on October 30, and so does Ireland.

New Zealand begins Daylight Savings Time on September 25.
Most of Australia begins Daylight Savings Time on October 2, 2011.
Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia,
and Christmas Island don't observe DST.

Continue reading at NowPublic.com: Daylight Savings Time 2011: When Do We Fall Back?

see what i mean? this stuff gives me a headache twice a year

for example, our new official TD for the Bloody Mary "Sunday Special" is now TourneyBot .. Sunday is always the first day of a DST time change .. thus, Tom will need to make a change in advance to ensure the Bloody Mary will start at the correct local time for all of us in the USA on that first Sunday in November .. the rest of you are on your own

here is what happened last spring .. perhaps this will help us better understand and prepare for the fall time change .. obviously, i have no clue, nor do i intend to do any more than provide this heads up for now .. maybe someone with a better way of explaining the USA and Euro time changes AND the FIBS clock can help us out 'cause it ain't me babe :blush:

Quote from: sixty_something on March 15, 2011, 11:08:15 PM
TourneyBot, which uses UTC time, did not recognize the DST shift starting the Bloody Mary last Sunday an hour later than it should have .. vegas_vic, our new Bloody Mary TD, started a Challonge bracket on time at 11 AM EDT (10 AM Texas time - CDT) ... BagO, a European based tourney, started an hour later than usual for me at 3 PM CDT which is correct since Europe and others doesn't begin DST until March 27th

according to Tom, TourneyBot admin, remaining AUTOMATIC TourneyBot tourneys this week such as the Three/Fives, F3, Mini-Matches, the Bloody Mary, and others will start at their correct local time for those of us in the USA, that is adjusted to DST, as necessary .. for the next two weeks, anyone outside the USA will have to adapt to our DST by arriving to play an hour earlier than normal

according to Patti, the FIBS clock is off for "two weeks" due to the FIBS server software being in sync with "when the US used to" change to DST .. fortunately, two weeks from now is when the rest of the world seems to switch over to DST on March 27th .. so, ALL tournaments [sh]ould be back on our familiar local time schedules soon
e-mail me

socksey

As far as I know, my old standby, Worldclock Meeting Planner will still keep us on schedule:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

Fri3 and Mini-Matches will remain the same time, 1100 and 1000 Texas time respectively.  As for Fibs time, I have no control.    :mellow:

socksey

Until I was thirteen, I thought my name was SHUT UP. - Joe Namath