News:

we welcome new Sponsors..keep the board going.....advertise your thing for a modest donation contact the webmaster@fibsboard.com

Main Menu

challonge can be recorded here --eg here is bago 4 may 2010

Started by stog, May 04, 2010, 09:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

challonge can be recorded here --eg here is bago 4 may 2010

You tell LuckyDice: i see you can put the final bracket result as picture (png) in forums - if you wanted to post them on fibsboard for example - in the bago section - as long as it wasn't treading on franck's turf?
You tell LuckyDice: eg below, which was a snapshot i tried out earlier -- also if you wanted to do the same with mixed doubles , vic or socksey - it might help recording etc...

LuckyDice says: it is a bit small, not so easy to read
You tell LuckyDice:  but for those interested - it allows for a record of the matches and creates interest

LuckyDice says: Franck has the link to this bracket on the official bago-page
You tell LuckyDice: i see and you can access previous brackets? or it just the current bago?

anyhow feel free to add live bracket images here for any of these tourneys here at the end of any chollenges
just copy the ♦ Live bracket image - embed this bracket in forums
which is at the bottom of the page (a png image you can include in a post)

stog

here is f3 -- just using the 'image insert' code for posting

if the same bracket is being used for each week then save it to your computer first - then upload it as an attachment, or it will update each week -- but you maybe would like that?

ie the bago at the top is now the most recent not may 4, whereas this attachment below will stay forever!

stog

or why not embed both? ie - the bracket link in the first post of the Tourney board - which will update with the latest bracket, and most recent 'result' post with the 'saved to your computer  image' the latest embed - uploaded as an attachment . then just add comments or monthly standings etc

notice too how the bago pic has more details --date etc

sixty_something

ok, i am a bit confused bouncing back and forth between the messages and now this thread and the infuriating speed of my machine when bouncing, but i'll get over it ;)

what i am suggesting is simply (hopefully) a way to create threads for the various regularly scheduled tourneys that use Challonge! to record and display results from week to week here at FIBSboard .. Bago is included under FLG, so it is not one that i had in mind altough if simple enough maybe we could include it too .. so, maybe all i am talking about is only F3, Mini Matches, and the Bloody Mary .. but therein lay some territorial issues, too, i suppose

my thinking is that a running record of results is a way to create and sustain interest in tourneys .. i think we all agree with that  .. i will tinker around with this until i understand exactly how this embedding works later to determine whether it meets my easy and simple criteria because, as we all know, even easy and simple often isn't

at least three tourneys, or is it four still use TourneyBot .. those are the Work Can Wait Forever on Monday and the Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday Three/Fives which are run automatically by TourneyBot .. Spielberg had been posting weekly results of the Work Can Wait Forever tourney, but it is at least three months out of date .. i am not sure whether it still uses TourneyBot or not .. a long time ago, Tom and i discussed creating an automatic FIBSboard post from TourneyBot for the Three/Fives .. i think that is still doeable, but i don't want to volunteer Tom for too much

again, my initial suggestion is based solely on generating and sustaining interest in tourneys as it appears from playing in most tourneys this week and chats with socksey and others that participation is down pretty much across the board in FIBS tourneys .. so, that is where i am coming from, but i can see already that, as expected, even simple isn't ;)
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

stog

bago was just an example i posted earlier in the month to assist folks to include challonges in posts

feel free to embed the challonges, which i have tried to describe, but just be aware that some challonge brackets auto update, and that if you want to save them, you must download the pic - you can then upload them each week recording the rounds if you want.

simply chose' insert image' from the posting menu and paste in the challonge embed code

to view larger see http://www.fibsboard.com/feedback-questions/accessibility/

stog

here is another example from minis today

here is the code, (using the insert image button in posting menu (), and use the link seen in the 2nd attachment below))
[img]http://challonge.com/images/brackets/minimatches_29may10.png[/img]

then right click the resulting image after you have posted, saving it to your computer, and then add it as an attachment - in case the big image is updated the following week. this way u have a record

gl

socksey

Like this:

Yippee, I got this far, now to get the big image here..........