News:

want to modify your profile? -- top menu  here, then "modify profile" left menu- then "Forum Profile Information"

Main Menu

Diane In Las Vegas

Started by diane, November 30, 2005, 01:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Well I have been hassled to do this - dont say you werent warned... :D

Here are some pics of my fav moments - some include other fibsters - and some dont - but they represent my favourite moments from a very special holiday.
First port of call has to be the thing us Brits like to do when away from home - play with guns....

This is the group of us preparing to bare arms...
Never give up on the things that make you smile

diane

Here is me with one of the weapons we chose...

diane

Me and my target - will let ya guess what I was thinking as I aimed  :P  

diane

Dod has done this before I think....
He claims that one was cross  fire - dont know who he thought was cross  :wacko:  

diane

Then, of course I did go to play backgammon, and here is a picture cowgirl caught of me - fortunately before the score got too embarrassing!!

diane

Meeting Feklhr will stick in my mind as one of the very best parts of the holiday - what a woman!!  Here we are bonding  :D  

diane

Then fek dragged me to the star trek exhibiton (turns out I know far more about deep space nine than I think is healthy!!)  I was cajoled into a picture with a Klingon - and I guess Fek was doing something very funny beyond the camera!!

diane

The very best part of the holiday will always be my trip to the Grand Canyon - it was my main reason to go - and it was everything I hoped it would be, and some!  The helicopter ride was also a great treat - so here is me in the Canyon.  If I look a bit disheveled - I had to get up at 4 am on the last day of my holiday to get out there for the sunrise trip, and although they said it would be cold - I had my doubts - I am English after all!!  Turns out they were right!!  Oh yeah - and that sun sure was bright - hence the squinting  :D  

diane

To finish - I would like to honour some of my fellow countrymen who did far better than I, firstly Slatts - who took second place in the main tournament.

diane

And Peter Bennet  who won the seniors (did he really qualify to be in this??)

tucsonAZ

QuoteThe very best part of the holiday will always be my trip to the Grand Canyon - it was my main reason to go - and it was everything I hoped it would be, and some!  The helicopter ride was also a great treat - so here is me in the Canyon.  If I look a bit disheveled - I had to get up at 4 am on the last day of my holiday to get out there for the sunrise trip, and although they said it would be cold - I had my doubts - I am English after all!!  Turns out they were right!!  Oh yeah - and that sun sure was bright - hence the squinting  :D
Helicopter ride must be really nice, or  how about those mule rides up the narrow paths on the edges of the cliff of that grand canyon. That freaked me out when I saw it. I admired their courage though. I didnt know that i had a fear of heights until I peered off the edgle of one of those cliffs and saw the closest thing to a bottomless pit. Scary but awsome. I did my appreciation from a comfortable bench well away from the edge of the cliffs  :unsure: .  

adamosad

wow The Grand Canyon experience must be THE experience  :yes:  :D  

diane

QuoteHelicopter ride must be really nice, or  how about those mule rides up the narrow paths on the edges of the cliff of that grand canyon. That freaked me out when I saw it. I admired their courage though. I didnt know that i had a fear of heights until I peered off the edgle of one of those cliffs and saw the closest thing to a bottomless pit. Scary but awsome. I did my appreciation from a comfortable bench well away from the edge of the cliffs  :unsure: .
yeah, a freind of mine had done the mule trip - I had already decided that was not for me  :D  

vegasvic

Important info :

AA meetings held every friday.

Weightwatcher meetings held every tuesday .

we belive you might make a wonderful spoke person !!

Registration Fatdrunklimey.com  

diane

QuoteImportant info :

AA meetings held every friday.

Weightwatcher meetings held every tuesday .

It is easy to see why you know this - clearly someone thought you need to know - it is just a shame you dont go....  :D  

webrunner

Diane and Vic Please stop this childish bickering on Fibsboard.
Use email or PM's for this. The rest of us are not interested in your insults... :angry:  
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |