News:

thx diane, jeeves Caleb sixty Zorba  Linus & jackdaddy Tom  Michael r_monk Anonymous  Jade & roygbiv*  our 2013 donors..cheers! we will really need Help this year as i think we will need a better Host server

Main Menu

FIBS party 2007!

Started by samirah, April 04, 2007, 08:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samirah

Finally it's set! Fibs party 2007

as always, everybody is invited.

It will be in Germany, >>> here to be precise!
http://www.ferienhausserver11.de/objekt/fotos.php?objid=382444&pid=953&lang=de&layoutname=Default

August 17-19

Looking forward to see old faces again and would be really nice to see some new faces too.  :)

Greetings,
samirah

Zorba

The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

sixty_something

:funnypost:  ... but don't forget:

:rules:  :oops: :stupid: :grrr: :tongue2: :s12: :geige: :steam: :s49: :mcdonald: :puke:

and of course:

:jump: :wub: :nr1: :sexe: :smiliecam3: :troost: :veryhappy:

wish i could be there ...

sixty :kaffeepc:
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

samirah

FIBS-Party Germany 2007

Finally it's SET! After celebrating the last FIBS Party in Switzerland, itââ,¬â,,¢s returning to Germany in 2007 and will be held from 17 to 19 August. Another major change: We (I ;-) ) decided to make the party a bit different this year - FIBS Party goes rural ;-))

Thatââ,¬â,,¢s why we rented this house:

http://www.ferienhausserver11.de/objekt/fotos.php?objid=382444&pid=953&lang=de&layoutname=Default

This will be a backgammon party with FRIENDS and everybody is invited. We have a limited space in this house - we can only accomodate 26 people, so I suggest that you reserve as soon as possible, if you are interested. (First come - first served!)

The plan is also, to cook together and have meals and drinks ready there. The price for one bed for the whole period is max. 100,- EUR plus shared costs for food and drink. The more people participate, the lower the price ââ,¬Â¦

The rooms have two to four beds, so itââ,¬â,,¢s a bit like a youth hostel. Even if you are snoring, you probably have to share a room with other FIBSters ;-)

Of course there will a tournament be held again, to decide whoââ,¬â,,¢s going to win the famous FIBS Party Challenge Cup this year. (Previous winners: Hardy_whv, amarganth, michaelsw)

The schedule for the party is as follows:

Fri, 17th August afternoon: Arrival, occupying the rooms, first come-together, dinner and backgammon

Sat, 18th August a.m.: breakfast, spare time (sport activities, walking, backgammon, etc.)

Sat, 18th August 13:00: Start of the FIBS-Party-Cup-Tournament

Sun, 19th August: chill out, departure

If required you can also stay in that house until Monday.

Thatââ,¬â,,¢s how it works: You confirm you participation here in FIBS Board or write an e-mail to Hardy_whv (webmaster@hardyhuebener.de). First come - first serve. So better make your reservation soon - but only if you are sure, you will attend!

GERMAN VERSION:

Endlich steht es fest - nachdem die letzte FIBS Party in Schweiz gefeiert wurde, kehrt sie 2007 wieder nach Deutschland zurück. Sie findet vom 17. bis 19. August statt. Eine weitere ââ,¬Å"kleineââ,¬Â Änderung: Die FIBS-Party entdeckt das Landleben ;-))

Darum haben wir diese Haus gemietet:

Es wird eine Backgammon-Party mit FREUNDEN und jeder ist eingeladen! Wir haben leider nur begrenzten Platz und können nur etwa 26 Personen unterbringen. Also solltet ihr euch schnellstmöglich anmelden!

Der Pan ist, dass wir auch zusammen kochen und Essen und Getränke jederzeit zur Verfügung stehen. Der Preis für die ÃÅ"bernachtung beträgt maximal 100,- EUR für die gesamte Party, plus das, was für das gemeinsame Essen und Trinken anfällt. Umso mehr Leute teilnehmen, um so günstiger wird das Ganze!

Die Zimmer haben bis zu vier Betten - in etwa wie eine Jugendherberge. Selbst wenn man schnarcht, muss man sein Zimmer mit anderen FIBStern teilen ;-)

Natürlich gibt es auch wieder das FIBS-Party-Turnier, in dem darüber entschieden wird, wer den berühmten FIBS-Party-Wanderpokal gewinnt. (Gewinner der Vorjahre: Hardy_whv, amarganth, michaelsw)

Der Zeitpan für die Party sieht wie folgt aus:

Fr, 17.08 nachmittags: Ankunft, Beziehen der Zimmer, erstes Kennenlernen, gemeinsames Abendessen und - natürlich - Backgammon

Sa, 18.08. vormittags: Frühstück, Zeit zur eigenen Verfügung (Sport, Spazieren gehen, Backgammon, etc.)

Sa, 18.08. 13:00 Uhr: Start des FIBS-Party-Turniers

So, 19.08.: Chill out, Abreise

Wer erst am Montag abreisen will, kann auch noch von Sonntag auf Montag dort übernachten.

Und wie meldet man sich an? Man bestätigt seine Teilnahme entweder über das FIBS-Board (in diesem Diskussionsbeitrag) oder schreibt eine E-Mail an Hardy_whv (webmaster@hardyhuebener.de). Wenn alle Plätze vergeben sind, ist es zu spät. Also möglichst bald anmelden! Die Anmeldung ist verbindlich!

Ich freue mich schon, euch bald (wieder) zu sehen!

sam

erdbeere

looking forward to the fibsparty. the last 2 were really great!
good idea with renting the house. more personal. and more bg-matches i guess! :veryhappy:
hardy, i would like to book a 2-bed-room.

see you all in august and lets  :beerdrinkers::s35: and  :nr1:
erdbeere
Backgammon im Kölner Süden:
www.backgammon-koeln.de

elisee

Looking forward to the fibsparty  :applaus:
     I am sure it'll be wonderful time  :s35:
     I'll be there  :thumbsup2:
     All the best to all players! See you soon !

webrunner

Will there be prices for the tournament?
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

samirah

Quote from: webrunner on April 17, 2007, 11:23:02 PM
Will there be prices for the tournament?

Hi webbie, last year we gave away some nice prices. ( ask those winners! )I hope and I'm sure we will do it again this time.  ;)

Zorba

Yep, as you might've guessed I'll be there! Any room is fine by me :laugh: :thumbsup2:
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

socksey

QuoteWill there be prices for the tournament?

Clarify for me, please.  Do you mean cost (price) for the tourney or do you mean awards (prizes)?

socksey

"Those who are incapable of committing great crimes do not readily suspect them in others." - François, Duc de La Rochefoucauld, French moralist

webrunner

Sorry, i meant prizes of course ;)
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

samirah

Thank you very much socks, see, we're really not a native english speakers  :unsure:

Love,

sam  :thumbsup2:

erdbeere

is anybody planing to come with her/his child? i am thinking to bring my daughter luise with me (she is 10 years old, so not a  :rollbaby: and usualy not  :lol: ). 

erdbeere
www.backgammon-koeln.de

erdbeere

oops, i just noticed that  :lol: means lol. i thought its a shouting and crying child! so of course she IS usualy a lol-child :-)

erdbeere
www.backgammon-koeln.de

samirah

Hi erdbeere,

I think it's a very good idea! I'm looking forward to meet Luise in person! I remember we played once and she plays quite well for her age. :cool:

maybe she can join the tournament as well? (perhaps beat her mother?)   ;)

Looking forward,

sam

Noah

Hi there all fibbers,

great place and a good time to organise a meeting. I am glad it is in NordRhein Westfalen, for me in the neigbourhood again.

See you in summer...

Noah

Samirah and others thx for organising.

" If you're not living on the edge, you take too much space"

Deurdonderen

snafu

a tourney.... lol
i'm looking forward to meet you people
;-)

Hardy_whv

Hi everyone,

after having been away for 5 1/ 2 months, I am now back to Germany, ready to continue samirah's job and prepare for the FIBS Party 2007. If there had been any mail to me, that I had not answered, please try again.

Looking forward to meeting you all soon,

Hardy  B)

- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -

Hallo allerseits,

ich war für 5 1/2 Monate außer Landes und per Mail nur schlecht erreichbar. Jetzt bin ich wieder bereit, um mich den Vorbereitungen der FIBS-Party 2007 zu widmen und samirahs Arbeit fortzusetzen. Sollte ich die ein oder andere Mail der letzten Monate nicht beantwortet haben, so bitte, die Mail noch einmal zu senden. Ich bin jetzt wieder uneingeschränkt erreichbar.

Freue mich schon, euch bald (wieder) zu sehen,

Hardy  B)
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

duffy_duck

huhu

kann mir irgendwer ne genaue adresse verraten inkl. postleitzahl damit ich mal routenplanen wie lange ich von graz/österreich dahin brauche ???

was gibt es denn für größer städte in der nähe dieses ulmen ??

bin in dieser gegend ja komplett planlos und würde es gerne mit sonstigen danch verbinden...

ich weiss zwar nicht ob ich es so kurz vor meinem geburtstag schaffe aber ich würde jedenfalls sehr gerne
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

lg
duffy

Hardy_whv

Hi duffy_duck,

Ulmen is situated between Koblenz and the German-Belgian border, 60km west of Koblenz. It's post code is 56766. From Graz it should be approx. 875km .... sorry  :unhappy:

More details on the house can be found following this link: http://www.ferienhausserver11.de/objekt/fotos.php?objid=382444&pid=953&lang=en&layoutname=Default

Cheers,

Hardy  B)

- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -

Hallo duffy_duck,

Ulmen liegt 60km westlich von Koblenz, an der A48, zwischen Koblenz und der deutsch-belgischen Grenze. Die PLZ ist 56766. Ca. 875 km von Graz - sorry, ein weiter Weg  :unhappy:

Mehr Informationen, inkl. Landkarte, gibt es hier: http://www.ferienhausserver11.de/objekt/fotos.php?objid=382444&pid=953&lang=de&layoutname=Default

Gruß,

Hardy  B)

runnerup

i'm sorry i cannot make it, but i shall be on holiday in greece during the event. the fibs party was great fun last year, and surely not my last one! maybe 2008?!

Hardy_whv

Hi everyone,

countdown for the German FIBS Party 2007 is running. I was asked, whether there are still beds available in the house we rented. The answer is: YES, there are still some beds available.

So please let me know if you want join us for the party: webmaster@hardyhuebener.de

I will place a description on how to get to the venue here tomorrow.

See you soon,

Hardy  B)

- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -

Hallo,

ich wurde gefragt, ob noch Betten in unserem Ferienhaus frei sind. Die Antwort lautet: JA. Wer teilnehmen möchte, kann also noch spontan zuschlagen. Bitte E-Mail an mich: webmaster@hardyhuebener.de

Wer in der Nähe wohnt, kann gerne auch nur zum Turnier am Samstag, 18.08. kommen. Das Turnier beginnt um 13:00 Uhr.

Eine Anreisehilfe werde ich morgen hier veröffentlichen.

Bis bald,

Hardy  B)

Hardy_whv

Hi everyone,

I am presently distributing the information about the party via newsletters to all participants. Anyone not having received my newsletter from today, please let me know.

Hardy  B)

Hallo allerseits,

ich aktualisiere die Informationen zur FIBS-Party derzeit per E-Mail. Alle Party-Teilnehmer, die keine Mail erhalten haben, mögen sich bitte bei mir melden.

Gruß,

Hardy  B)

Hardy_whv

Hi everyone,

here the latest information about the FIBS Party 2007:

The address of our house for the party is :

Maibüsch 2
    56766 Ulmen

Thats how to get there (assuming you are coming from Koblenz):

- Use Autobahn A48 (from Koblenz)
- Exit at Exit "Ulmen"
- Follow direction "Ulmen"
- At the roundabout go direction "Daun, Bärenbach"
- follow that road straight ahead (don't follow "Daun, Bärenbach" any more)
- pass an "Edeka" market
- exit the village Ulmen
- at the right you pass a concrete factory. There at the left you see a sign "Bärenbach 3km". Turn left before that sign.
- you can follow the sign "Ferienhaus Waldrand" from then on.
- after passing 5 or 6 houses it's on the right.

Sounds difficult, but it's only a small village ... should be easy actually (I hope) ;-)

Here a map how to get there:

We will do the shopping in able to provide the meals for the next days already on Friday noon. Is there anyone around that is vegetarian? Anything else we have to take into account?

samirah asked me to make more clear, that bringing little exchange gifts is is higly appreciated. (She ment I discouraged people with my last mail ... what did I write?)

What else did I forget to mention?

1st: Bring your backgammon boards
2nd: I'm sure it will be great fun :)

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Hardy ;-)

Hallo allerseits,

hier die letzten Informationen zur Party:

Die Adresse unserer Unterkunft lautet:

Maibüsch 2
    56766 Ulmen

Und so kommt man da hin:

- Autobahn A48
- Abfahrt Ulmen ausfahren
- Von dort Richtung Ulmen fahren
- Aus einem Kreisverkehr der Kelberger Straße folgen
- Die Abfahrt AUS DEM KREISVERKEHR ist Richtung Daun und Bärenbach, danach aber NICHT MEHR Richtung Daun fahren, sondern immer geradeaus, vorbei am Edeka-Markt, aus dem Ort hinaus.
- Man kommt an einem Betonwerk rechterhand vorbei
- davor steht links ein Schild "Bärenbach 3km". VOR DEM SCHILD links einbiegen, dann halbrechts halten.
- Ab dort ist auch "Ferienhaus Waldrand" ausgeschildert. Es kommen 5-6 Häuser, diese passieren, dahinter rechts hoch.

Anreiseskizze: siehe oben (im englischen Teil)

Einige von uns werden schon früh anreisen um für die Mahlzeiten einzukaufen. Gibt es irgendwelche Dinge, die wir berücksichtigen sollten (Vegetarier, o.ä.)?

Samirah bat mich, klarzustellen, dass es hocherwünscht ist, ein kleines Austauschgeschenk mitzubringen. Sie meint, meine letzte Mail hätte eher davon abgeschreckt .... Ich werde Frauen NIE verstehen.

Was vergaß ich noch zu erwähnen:

1. Bringt Backgammon-Boards mit!
2. Bringt gute Laune mit :)

Freue mich schon. Bis in Kürze,

Hardy ;-)

Hardy_whv

Seeing, that the picture of how to get to the party is not displayed in full quality in my last posting. You can visit/download that picture in full resolution from my website here:

http://www.hardyhuebener.de/tmp/fibsparty2007_anreiseskizze.jpg

Hardy  B)

Ich sehe gerade, dass die Anreiseskizze in meinem letzten Beitrag nicht in bester Qualität dargestellt wird. Ihr könnt die bessere Auflösung auf meiner Website besuchen/herunterladen:

http://www.hardyhuebener.de/tmp/fibsparty2007_anreiseskizze.jpg

Hardy  B)

Hardy_whv

Just to let you know: Even a spontaneous visit for the tournament is possible. Doesn't matter, wheter you have announced your arrival or not. If you arrive on Sat not later than 13:00 you can participate at the tournament.

Presently we have 16 participants plus 4 maybe's.

My car is packed, I am off to the party ...

Cu,

Hardy  B)

Aus gegebenem Anlaß noch ein Hinweis: Auch wer sich nicht angemeldet hat, kann noch spontan teilnehmen, ggfs. auch nur am Turnier am Samstag. Voraussetzung für die Turnierteilnahme ist, dass ihr am Samstag bis 13:00 Uhr ankommt.

Z.Z. haben sich 16 Teilnehmer fest angemeldet sowie 4 mit Fragezeichen. Sollte eine nette Runde werden!

So, mein Auto ist gepackt, los gehts.

Bis bald,

Hardy  B)

erdbeere

hi hardy, sami, michael!

nochmal danke für die super organisation! und das essen, sami ... :thumbsup2:

freue mich schon auf nächstes jahr! (hoffentlich nicht in den USA ;))

erdbeere

hi hardy, sami, michael!

thx again for the great organisation of the fibsparty. and your coooking, sami ... :thumbsup2:

looking forward to next year (hopefully not in USA ;))

erdbeere

www.backgammon-koeln.de

Zorba

Yes, many thanks to the organisation commitee, hardy, mylene, michael: very well done!!!  :cool:

Until next year I hope!  :laugh:

Luck is my main skill

webrunner

Pictures!
I want pictures :)
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

Hardy_whv

I think the party was much better than expected. Quite a different FIBS-Party feeling  :cool: The party did not just concentrate on one long afternoon/evening during the tournament, but was much more intense. No time restrictions, chouettes until the early morning hours, breakfast, lunch, dinner and BBQ together, a lot time to chat and play. sami, michaelssw .... great idea to do it this way!!! My proposal would be to have a similar setup for the party in 2008!

Congrats to krautlover, winner of the FIBS Party 2007 challenge cup! Thanks for everyone for coming and making the party such a success!

Picture will go online in about 1 or 2 days on my website. Presently busy moving, getting them online takes more time than usual.

Hardy  B)

Ich meine, die Party war ein weit größerer Erfolg, als erwartet. Ein völlig neues FIBS-Party Feeling  :cool: Die Party konzentrierte sich nicht auf den einen Nachmittag/Abend mit dem Tunier, sondern war ein langes, intensives Backgammon-Wochenende, ohne Zeitbeschränkungen, Chouettes bis in die frühen Morgenstunden, gemeinsame Mahlzeiten, und viel, viel Zeit zum Klönen und Spielen. Sami, michaelsw .... eine ausgezeichnete Idee, es so zu organisieren  :thumbsup2:  Mein Vorschlag wäre, es 2008 ähnlich zu organisieren.

Gratulation an krautlover, der den FIBS-Party-Pokal in die USA entführte! Danke auch an alle, die kamen und mit dazu beitrugen, dass die Party so ein Erfolg wurde.

Ich bitte noch um ein, zwei Tage Geduld, bis ich alle Photos in meine Website integriert habe. Gebe dann bescheid!

Hardy  B)

samirah

GREAT people, makes GREAT Party!!  :cool:

Thank you guys for coming and thank you for making this party as FUN and enjoyable as it is.
This is the BEST fibs party I've ever been so far.

Looking forward to see you ALL again next year! I hope somebody can organize something similar like this.

Once again, Thank you for coming   :)

Love,
sam

Hardy_whv

Finally, here are the photos: http://www.hardyhuebener.de/photos/fibsparty2007_1.html

Presently they are only available with German description, the English translation will still take a few days.

Enjoy!

Hardy  B)

So, endlich habe ich alle Photos online: http://www.hardyhuebener.de/photos/fibsparty2007_1.html

Viel Spaß beim Anschauen. Für die Teilnehmer der Party kann ich die Photos aus in größerer Auflösung zusenden. Lasst mich wissen, wenn ihr ein paar der Photos größer haben wollt.

Hardy  B)

rossa

Very pretty pictures!  :thumbsup:  You are lovely persons!  :thumbsup2: 
  Congrats, on first point of krautlover!   :nr1:  :applaus:

rossa   :)           

Zorba

Wow, great pictures of all these great fibsters that made this such a lovely weekend! :s35:

Thanks to all the photographers and to Hardy for putting them on his website  :thumbsup:

Luck is my main skill

socksey

Wonderful pics!   :cool:  Thx to all of you for sharing!   :applaus:  Looks like a wonderful group  :wub:  and a marvelous place for the party!   :thumbsup2:

Congrats, krautlover!!!!!!!!! 

socksey

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers ." -- Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

webrunner

Great pictures, i wish i was there ;)
Well done Hardy!
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

Ramses

Great pictures. And many thanks from me to all the people who organized it and share their photos. It was a nice friday-evening. :thumbsup2:
Congrats Krautlover! :thumbsup:

Ramses

Hardy_whv

Okay, now finally the photos of the party are also available with English description:

http://www.hardyhuebener.de/engl/photos/fibsparty2007_1.html

Enjoy!

Hardy <thinking about the party 2008 already ....>    :yes: