News:

hover/mouseover topics on the forum/board index, now gives you the preview of the first post within a topic

Main Menu

cannot see pip count; want my old board back!

Started by athelas, April 10, 2004, 01:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

athelas

I'd been working with the wood grain 3DFIBS board from about 4 months ago, then got the black and blue board.  I really liked the appearance of the old board, and it worked well.  I downloaded the new one because I became aware that I could not see the pip count below - the boundaries of the board somehow cut that image off - other 3DFIBS players could clearly see it and tell me where it should be, but it was cut off by the Windows bar at the bottom.  I thought downloading the new version would correct any errors in settings.  My current problems are:

1.  Much prefer the old board visually.
2.  Now I can only barely see the numbers indicating the games played and the number of games in the match - more of the display is cut off below than before.

Can anyone help?  Athelas

webrunner

First of all.. you can resize the window so that it shows all the information.
It has nothing to do with what board you choose. So the board was never your problem, you just needed to resize or maximize the window.

The easiest way to get the old board back is just reinstalling the software.
Of course you will loose the friends list etc. if you don't back them up first.

Second i would like to remind readers of another board that looks really nice and is very well build. look here
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

tucsonAZ

QuoteI'd been working with the wood grain 3DFIBS board from about 4 months ago, then got the black and blue board.  I really liked the appearance of the old board, and it worked well.  I downloaded the new one because I became aware that I could not see the pip count below - the boundaries of the board somehow cut that image off - other 3DFIBS players could clearly see it and tell me where it should be, but it was cut off by the Windows bar at the bottom.  I thought downloading the new version would correct any errors in settings.  My current problems are:

1.  Much prefer the old board visually.
2.  Now I can only barely see the numbers indicating the games played and the number of games in the match - more of the display is cut off below than before.

Can anyone help?  Athelas

It is possible that you have custom font size (bigger fonts) set for your screen. Bigger fonts cause the buttons on the status bar to expand, pushing the board down into the pip count area. This also happens for screen sizes less than 800*600.

I am sorry I dont have a fix for this problem at the moment.  
Default Windows font size with screen resolution of at least 800*600 at 16 bit color or higher should work right. You can see settings for your screen in Windows Control Panel. Start->Settings->control Panel->Display or Fonts

maareyes (tucsonAZ on fibs)