News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Game 1, move 2: gaspar 4-1

Started by diane, February 26, 2011, 08:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Usually, something as obvious as this I would play automatically..but while gaspar is still getting the hang of this, I will let him answer.. ;)

Never give up on the things that make you smile

gaspar

the obvious play to make bar point 11-7 8-7 .  if there is one piece of advice i will give beginners is to take your time and look all around the board .....i guess the best example is when you need a 4 to escape a gap prime and you roll it.....you move your piece up and over the prime and pick up your dice.  however on the other end of the board your 6 4 would have pointed on a checker and made the silver pt....  no matter how good your roll is ..don't move it without considering the rest of the board.

stog

good advice for beginners and established players alike!
good post/commenting gaspar.....thx  :applaus:

diane

It is so true too...I still fall foul of that one from time to time...I have a plan...a cunning plan...and I roll the number that I need..I make the move and as I am picking up the dice...spot the infinitely better move that had been gifted to me.  :furious3: :furious3:

Fortunately it happens less in real live games, because the whole pace is much slower.
Never give up on the things that make you smile