News:

enjoy the front page random images , random like dice on fibs! ethereal not material, and try and name them ..

Main Menu

Navigation

Started by diane, September 20, 2006, 06:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Now I have the power to smite and applaud  ;), let's move onto navigation. Am I missing something on that score?  On the old forum type you showed me how to navigate to the firt unread post in a thread directly, here the unread post option only takes me to the thread, not to the actual post.  This means I then have to spend a little extra time wandering around the thread looking for the new post, if there have been a few on the end of a thread, this is a bit tricky. Is there a short cut here too, that I havent yet found?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

webrunner

Yes, when you see a topic name in the topic list (or the Show unread posts since last visit. list ) click this icon:

That takes you to the first unread post.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

diane

Thanks...I knew there must be a way  :)

socksey

Odd thing happened to me today. 

I am still trying to figure out the best way to find what I haven't yet read on the board, i.e., new posts since I last logged on.  So, I thought I had found it. 

Before I logged on, I went to the "home" page and a list of latest posts appeared on the right side below shouts.  Great.  Then I logged on and the same list disappeared from my home page.  When I clicked on the go to unread posts since my last visit button, the latest topic that I had seen and wanted to comment on was not showing there.  None of the latest posts was showing over there. 

So then, I went in manual search to the "forum" page and found at the very bottom of the page a list of the latest active posts, so *doing the happy dance* this may be the way I go from now on so as not to miss anything. 

Still learning......................

socksey

Acceptance without proof is the fundamental characteristic of Western religion, rejection without proof is the fundamental characteristic of Western science. - Gary Zukav

webrunner

I added a new link on the top of the page: All unread replies.
This should give you absolutely everything that you haven't read before.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

socksey

Nope, that didn't work.  Best way still for me is to go to forums and find latest posts at the very bottom.  This is no hassle actually.  Just have to know what to do.   ;)

socksey

By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

diane

Both features work well on firefox - it seems there are issues with other browsers perhaps...

socksey

Another problem I am having is I keep getting a notice saying I have a personal message and no new messages are there...........just the ones I have already read.   :unhappy:

socksey

I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury. - Groucho Marx

webrunner

It looks like you have cookies turned off. Is that the case?
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

socksey

No, I get cookies!  I have pop-ups turned off.  Would that matter?  Still like I said, only way seems to be, click on "forums", then scroll to bottom, which is no problem.  Personal messages is still coming up with no new messages.   :mad:

socksey

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
- Alex Levine

webrunner

What browser are you using?
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

lewscannon

Quote from: socksey on September 25, 2006, 12:56:44 AM
Another problem I am having is I keep getting a notice saying I have a personal message and no new messages are there...........just the ones I have already read.   :unhappy:

socksey
That's probably just Mookie sending you photos of his tupperware and gerbil hunting parties. After he sends them, he gets shy, changes his mind and retracts the emails.