News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

Game 4, move 12: Stog 5-2

Started by diane, July 02, 2011, 09:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Position ID: YndnAEDcNqMCCA
Match ID: EQG1ABAAGAAA

Herd danced with 4-4, stog is up again, man flu or no man flu  ;)

Never give up on the things that make you smile

stog

12/7 13/11 appears my fave (as it tidies up a bit - even for me > 4 blots is excessive!)

i would like to  leave 13 as a poss builder for the prime but am chickin' leaving so many blots

will have breakfast and return with my answer...

brb

grr man flu and such a beautiful day tooooooooo

stog

13/6 looks good too

can't concentrate grrrrr

this is an excellent example of not playing when u r ill!

as this move has no time constraints i maybe should write out all possibles

divide by the number of said possibles and......

grrrr

i can either maximise my chances of making the prime, which could collapse anyway, if i fail to get out  or am hit

if i get away without being hit, then i must use any possible 6 to extricate myself, so that seems to indicate that leaving the 6 builder is a waste (unless i get 66 of course)

i need a methodical thought process

impossible with man flu

i just want to curl up under a bush

grrrr

this is such an important move for white --
(i could maximise and leave 5 blots -- urgh)

i'll be back

(is my clem friend available for some suggestions?)

stog

12/7 13/11 remains my fave

but i'll wait to see if clem logs in and comments b4 i make my decision if that's ok ?

would be very interested in dorbel's take on this, or nihole sry niho ;) or all of you, so do comment once this move is made; it seems such an important move -- not to be rushed in a man flu haze -------

choices are

12/7 13/11
12/7 8/6
12/5 ?
11/6 12/10
13/6
12/7 8/6

would make another great guest poll methinks but we'll wait till ive made a decision

drum roll
yet another blow of nose

grrrrrrr

moonshadow

this one was tough for me and i got it completely wrong. (yes, i gnud it)  my choice was a blunder and not even the 2nd best move--glad i didnt give an opinion.

even with blunder moves here, clemstog is still a favorite.

however, its plays like this that separate the world class from the intermediate level of play.

ah_clem

I'm not sure this is right, but I'd go for the juggler - a doubled gammon wins the match and gammon losses don't matter, so play aggressively.

I'd play 12/7 11/9 to give the most shakes to cover the bar point. 

stog

thx all

12/7 i like - slotting the bar point

but leaving the the blot on 13 as cover for the 6 point, doesn't work for me; if i get a 6 i want to get my back man out..
although as i said b4 -- 66 wld be great

that leaves the 2...

then there's 13/6 which i do like (arms us for closing out in the event of the herd bouncing, but ....that is a good argument for slotting the 6 point so

12/7 is a must i think

leaves the 2...

mmmm

ok clem ---- wot's the point in askin you if i don't listen ;)

lets string the pearls......12/7 11/9

then again i am temped to be a tad careful too and 12/7 13/11 is less flexible -- but may be less disastrous and could block?

grrrrrrrrrrr

5 blots
one i must leave behind his board, but 2 i can tidy - less flexible --but recovering from multiple hits would be difficult

ok 12/7 11/9 let's do it :)