News:

VIP Donor members can now access VIP articles on the random photos that appear on the front page, with links & larger images..

Main Menu

Problems creating new user name!

Started by Ashi, August 22, 2005, 04:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashi

Since I downloaded the 3.0.15 version.. each time I press the "Guest" button I'm getting an error message: "There was an error while attempting to telnet into FIBS.com port 4321"

Help..?    

tucsonAZ

QuoteSince I downloaded the 3.0.15 version.. each time I press the "Guest" button I'm getting an error message: "There was an error while attempting to telnet into FIBS.com port 4321"

Help..?
fibs.com basics page has some alternative new account creation suggestions.

Click here or here to try them

Ashi

So here is how I solved this problem:
I uninstalled version 3.0.15... and I reinstalled version 2.2.300.. and now everything is o.k  :)  

Dale_Ward

Ashi, I have the same problem?  And, the Java registration at www.fibs.com was no help.  It just hangs on me.

Unfortunately, I can't take your way out, Ashi... I don't have access to the older version.

Looking desperately for any help here!

Dale_Ward

Thanks, Ashi... but a question has occurred to me.

If you can use the old software to set up the account, can you then access that account with the new software?

I'm going to try it.

nikotyme

I tried to create a name and password for my friend and it seemed to go well, said he could begin to play.  When he signs in everything happens as it should but when he starts to play a game, there are no dice and no pips, also where you would usually see the player names it says Player 1 and Player 2.  What are we not doing right?

cthulhu

QuoteI tried to create a name and password for my friend and it seemed to go well, said he could begin to play.  When he signs in everything happens as it should but when he starts to play a game, there are no dice and no pips, also where you would usually see the player names it says Player 1 and Player 2.  What are we not doing right?
I'm not sure how 3DFibs is made but try typing in the following commands (let's see if I remember them) and then resume the game:

"set boardstyle 3"
"toggle moreboards"

You can also try to type the following if you are in a match and the board seems to be wrong:

"board"

tucsonAZ

QuoteI tried to create a name and password for my friend and it seemed to go well, said he could begin to play.Ã,  When he signs in everything happens as it should but when he starts to play a game, there are no dice and no pips, also where you would usually see the player names it says Player 1 and Player 2.Ã,  What are we not doing right?
I'm not sure how 3DFibs is made but try typing in the following commands (let's see if I remember them) and then resume the game:

"set boardstyle 3"
"toggle moreboards"

You can also try to type the following if you are in a match and the board seems to be wrong:

"board"

Yes, these commands are also available from the [action] menu. 3DFiBs tries to set these automatically but it seems that sometimes the commands are lost due to timing or something.  

socksey

QuoteIf you can use the old software to set up the account, can you then access that account with the new software?

Yes.

socksey

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." - Edward Abbey (1927-1989) US author

tucsonAZ

QuoteI tried to create a name and password for my friend and it seemed to go well, said he could begin to play.  When he signs in everything happens as it should but when he starts to play a game, there are no dice and no pips, also where you would usually see the player names it says Player 1 and Player 2.  What are we not doing right?

Ok.. This problem should now be fixed once and for all (ver 3.038). I got rid of the telnet screen altogether and replaced it with a proper username/password dialog screen that sets the moreboard and boardstyle 3 settings for new users.  I hope it works ok. It is somewhat difficult to test thoroghly without creating too many new usernames. It should be much more reliable than the older version though.

I have also added a delay into this version that should fix a problem witht he dice not showing up when on the bar. It runs slower but at least it is possible to see what the rolls were. I noticed that sounds also play even when the preferences are unchecked. I have not got around to fixing this yet.. One way around is to create a temp folder under the wavs folder and move all the wavs there. If it cant find em it cant play em.  

maareyes (tucsonAZ)

webrunner

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |