News:

Add your picture URL in your profile.

Main Menu

Agree for the next session to shuffle all League

Started by Tomawaky, August 26, 2005, 07:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomawaky

In this case there will be no champion for this session.
The best of each group will be in top divison and the lower at the bottom for the next session.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Tomawaky

More than a Poll question I would prefer that you also post your opinion.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

adamosad

I agree with the opinion that shuffle is needed BUT I do not agree that this must be the reason for playing a FLG session without a champion. If you have that in mind then you must do that very often (e.g. twice a year) so more shuffle can take place. Consequently we will lose 2 champions and 2 play offs. This can be a problem as the demand for the league may reduce.

For my alternative idea see: http://www.fibsboard.com/index.php?showtopic=1019&st=20&hl=

socksey

I'm afraid I don't quite understand the poll question.  Can you be more specific please?  

socksey

ââ,¬Å"The nice thing about being a celebrity is that when you bore people, they think it's their fault." - Henry Kissinger

Hardy_whv

I think there should be a shuffle, but not for the cost of not having a champion. Also I don't think there is a need to shuffle every session. A shuffle every 2 or three sessions should be enough.

I do not see the reason, why shuffling should prevent us from having the playoffs for the championship. We do not need to shuffle all players. How about that:

The best players of each division go up to the next group (or if they are in Master already play for the championship). The less successful players go down one group. So one could shuffle the middle players, i.e. players ranked #4 - #7.

So how shall I vote??? :unsure:   I want shuffles from time to time, but I definetively want playoffs each session!

Hardy  :rolleyes:    
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

dorbel

I am strongly opposed to shuffling all the leagues. Shuffling the players in the Master leagues has some merit, in that each division only gets three new players each season, whereas all the other divisions get six new players. For those who stay in the masters, it would be nice to get the chance to play some of the players from the other master division. I don't want to play if we are all going to start again from scratch, or is that not what Franck is proposing?

Tomawaky

Hardy_whv

Hi everyone!

QuoteI am strongly opposed to shuffling all the leagues. Shuffling the players in the Master leagues has some merit ....
Well, the idea of shuffling was brought in by dorbel ....

QuoteHowever, I would like to see the players in MasterA and MasterB shuffled occasionally, offering a little more variety. Anybody else think that that is a good idea?

And I fully agree with that. Players in the other groups are shuffled enough by getting up or down sooner or later. I am in Master A for about 2 years now. Although 3 new players enter each session, there is a group of "core players". So I would prefer some occasional shuffling of the Master division. And as stated before, I do not see, why that should prevent us from having Champions.

So, if Tomawakys poll would be "Do you want the Master divisions shuffled from time to time", I vote for YES.

Hardy  B)
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

Tomawaky

tryout

I'd suggest that the first 2 or 3 players of the Master divisions are swapped every season (the play-offs should be played irrespectively). This way there are 5 - 6 new players every season also in each Master division. An additional benefit is that not one Master division gets "heavier" than the other. At least it should help to level both divisions. The lower divisions are imo taken care of with the current shuffle system.

Alternatively, I also favour adamosad's suggestion from another thread, which is quite similar. He'd shuffle ranks 7 - 9 (of 12) instead of the first players and extends this scheme to all divisions. The latter makes the procedure slightly complicated, but it's certainly feasible.

GammonLeague -- Join free Backgammon tournaments
[size=8] [/size]
FIBS TEAM League -- Play Backgammon with friends in a team