News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2011 cheers! ..thx godwinson, webrunner, stog, spielberg*, hartkegirl, KissMyAss*, ettu*,  jackdaddy*, diane, caleb, sixty_something*, Zorba*, aviator, Tom*, anonymous*, roygbiv*, r_monk *

Main Menu

Bagolympic

Started by MadMatt, September 03, 2005, 08:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMatt

I went ahead and implemented this from the descriptions given here and on the website. Since they were somewhat less specific than I would've liked, please make sure that calculation of points and such works properly.

To create a tourney of bagolympic type, tell TourneyBot create bagolympic.

I will be updating the webpage and documentation later today or some time in the next few days.

Cheers
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

Tomawaky

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

amarganth

Hi MadMatt

Today, there was tourney 1500, the first BAGOlympic tourney, created with the new special command. Setup was perfect.

I've checked the standings. All standings are correct, except the points for Paul_William. He won T1500R1M6 and T1500R2M2. That are 2 points. The standings lists him with one point only.

TD's for BAGolympics are right now: Tomawaky, mano, amarganth, Noah and socksey. Noah could not "create bagolympic", so I created the tourney and added him as TD. Who can add/delete persons of BAGOlympic tourneys? And how? I've checked the TourneyBot commands. Without result, sorry.

Thanks a lot, MadMatt, for your work!
:cool:
To be is to do
          Sokrates
To do is to be
          Sartre
Do be do be do
          Sinatra

Noah

This i a very nice add on the tourneybot and specialy for the Bagolympic... :cool:

Sorry for my mistake i was to busy with playing, hosting and watching formula 1  :wacko:  that i forget that i awarded Paul_William a win cause hell_raizer didn't show up...

So it's correct that Paul_William only get 1 point.

Keep the tourneys going!

Noah    
" If you're not living on the edge, you take too much space"

Deurdonderen

MadMatt

QuoteThis i a very nice add on the tourneybot and specialy for the Bagolympic... :cool:

Sorry for my mistake i was to busy with playing, hosting and watching formula 1  :wacko:  that i forget that i awarded Paul_William a win cause hell_raizer didn't show up...

So it's correct that Paul_William only get 1 point.
Right, as per Tomawaky's instructions, I made it so that if the TD awards the win, no point is granted. This should perhaps be reconsidered though, as it's possible for example that someone wins in the regular way, but due to connection or some other problem, TourneyBot fails to register the win properly. In this case, the TD will likely have to award the win once TourneyBot is back, but no point will be granted. It will be granted though, if the losing party properly reports the result via the report loss command, so I guess it's okay? Decide for yourselves.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

MadMatt

QuoteTD's for BAGolympics are right now: Tomawaky, mano, amarganth, Noah and socksey. Noah could not "create bagolympic", so I created the tourney and added him as TD.

I worked with the information I had. The Bagolympic website only listed Tomawaky, amarganth and mano as the TDs, so that is who I setup to be allowed to create it. I will add socksey and Noah as well.

Generally, people who want TourneyBot to support their tourney, will want to provide more accurate and extensive information than it was the case with Bagolympic. I had to guess at many things by myself here, search for information on the webpage (which is outdated) and invent a description for the tourney by myself. That's not good, I should be able to focus on coding the stuff in, not on searching for information about the tourney itself.

QuoteWho can add/delete persons of BAGOlympic tourneys? And how? I've checked the TourneyBot commands. Without result, sorry.

Right now, I'm the only one who can set owners for specific tourney types. This may or may not change in the future, I'm still thinking about it.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website