News:

VIP Donor members can now access VIP articles on the random photos that appear on the front page, with links & larger images..

Main Menu

Cocoafibs V0.5 Beta Expired?

Started by PolyphonicBrie, October 01, 2005, 09:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PolyphonicBrie

Hi

When I start CocoaFIBS, I just get a message saying "The Beta Copy of this Software has Expired".  Then it quits and sends me to the CocoaFIBS homepage.

It's been fine up until now.  I have tried trashing my preferences, but this does not help.  I have also tried re-downloading the client and re-installing, but this does not help either.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Cheers
PolyphonicBrie

Mystyk

PolyphonicBrie

I don't really know much about this sort of thing, but it looks to me like an expiry date was hard-coded into the program code.

Obsessed

:o Cocofibs Denied!! :o

I tried to play today and received the expiration notice. (I did a reinstall as did Polyphonic Brie)
I agree with Polyphonic and believe the expiration must have been hard-coded in.

We need our fix back!!!  Especially me!  I'm Obsessed!!!

knackered

Me too ! I tried deleting the preference file still won't work !

A workaround is to set the system date to a date prior to Oct 1st.

TomnLosAngeles

same thing here.. I tried to sign on using cocoa fibs this morning, it says This version has expired.
What gives??

SirLuzalot

cocoafibs is still bollox, dunno why an update is necessary when apperently 'genius' now even can't be bothered covering basics and make his continuing saga, still a beta version one year later, but I'm sure there are only new invisible upgrades that prevail in the mind of the creator who seems immune to requests and crash logs and now this...

Oh well back to the ole board, why bother, next time Cocoa will simply refuse to make me coffee

Bollox I say, having to sit there and sort out a mockup, people, it aint the end of the world...

They say Java is really good

Ill stick with MacFibs, still just solid, well except for a few hiccups

Cheers    

Chronos

Yup, my beta has expired too. I suppose Adam got sidetracked in his development schedule?

ultra

I hate the Javafibs, please Adam Gerson finish the beta, cannot change the date on my computer due to icalc.

Promise to give a spiritual donation since I am very poor and canÃ,´t afford to do it in cash.

Thanks in advanced.

andyotter

By lucky coincidence, I downloaded and tried this  hours before it expired. Tried changing my Mac date- it does work. Hope Adam returns  soon; until then it seems I'll have to run it from a removable drive with fake date! And I was about to make a donation.... *

In the meantime, do I gather from these posts that CocoaFIBS is the only user-friendly OSX interface around?

*might even make one for ultra as his was the first FIBS game I ever watched!

PolyphonicBrie

Quotecocoafibs is still bollox, dunno why an update is necessary when apperently 'genius' now even can't be bothered covering basics and make his continuing saga...
Well, current problem aside, I think that CocoaFIBS is excellent.  I also have no problem with the speed of development, given that CocoaFIBS isn't actually commercial software.

andyotter

Quotecocoafibs is still bollox, dunno why an update is necessary when apperently 'genius' now even can't be bothered covering basics and make his continuing saga...
Well, current problem aside, I think that CocoaFIBS is excellent.  I also have no problem with the speed of development, given that CocoaFIBS isn't actually commercial software.
fair comment; I'm not going to criticise the guy for doing something for free! Hope he does have the time to return to the project...

ergo

Same problem here. How about sharing the source code and get more developers on the project? I would join.

Greetings ergo

Obsessed

:D Me too!  I'd try to help with open source code!!

-Obsessed

PolyphonicBrie

I cannot code, but I would make everyone cups of coffee, and offer words of encouragement.

Regards
Polyphonic B.

agerson

Ok. I think open source would be a good idea. I will start a thread about it. I have posted a new version to the website. Just download it and your expiration problems will go away.

Adam

andyotter

QuoteOk. I think open source would be a good idea. I will start a thread about it. I have posted a new version to the website. Just download it and your expiration problems will go away.

Adam
C'mon you lot, altogether now: " Thank you very much for the update, Adam, we're very grateful for your work"!

diane

QuoteOk. I think open source would be a good idea. I will start a thread about it. I have posted a new version to the website. Just download it and your expiration problems will go away.

Adam
I dont use it, not having a mac and all, but those words 'open source' always make me feel very happy  :D
I am sure this will make a lot of mac users happy - those who havent started to get used to java in the meantime... ;)

Thanks, agerson for making this move - it all helps makes fibs stronger.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Mystyk

Where on the website?  Or which website?  

ultra

Hello andyotter, tell me something, did at least I won the match you watched? hope I did.

greetings