News:

most Recent Posts and Recent Topics now viewable on the front page!

Main Menu

Cocoafibs V0.5 Beta Expired?

Started by PolyphonicBrie, October 01, 2005, 09:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PolyphonicBrie

QuoteWhere on the website?  Or which website?
Go to http://homepage.mac.com/agerson/cocoafibs/ and re-download and re-install the client.  The client still says it is v0.5, but Adam must have removed the exipry date.

Seriously, Adam, many thanks for doing this.

Regards
Polyphonic B.

ultra

Thanks a Lot Adam G., downloaded the new version and runs as smooth as ever.

Since I cannot make a donation due to new baby and all, next time you are down here in Mexico City I will be glad to buy you a couple of beers.

In the meantime I send you my best wishes.

ultra

And remember!

THE BIGGER THE RATING, THE HARDER THE FALL.[SIZE=14]

kayetwo

I'm experiencing the same problem.  Has anyone found a solution?  I even tried using JavaFibs but Fibs is no longer recognising me. 

dicemaster

Quick and ugly fix. Before you launch CocoaFIBS set the time/date to last year. after the app has started up you can switch it back.
The easiest solution isn't always the best.

BANQUE

Hi all of you!

I wrote Adam an Email. and i would apreciate
when you would do the same: agerson@mac.com

Let him know that his help is needed.

Hope to see you soon on FIBS!

BANQUE

msprague

OK I hope Adam does not get mad, but I've fixed the current version of CocoaFIBS to run until the year 2007.  Please understand that I'm just trying to help out.  I'm sure Adam would want for the community to continue enjoying CocoaFIBS.

You can download the patched version here

Thanks,
-Maurice

BANQUE

sculptor

Quote from: agerson on October 03, 2005, 04:10:05 AM
Ok. I think open source would be a good idea. I will start a thread about it. I have posted a new version to the website. Just download it and your expiration problems will go away.

Adam

which website please...a link would be handy :-)

padski

Quote from: sculptor on October 02, 2006, 07:04:27 PM
which website please...a link would be handy :-)

http://homepage.mac.com/agerson/cocoafibs/

The post by adam that you quote is from some time ago, and the client that he posted at the time has expired (I expect that's what you're seeing), but I understand he has recently posted a renewed one in the same place.

0graham0

To fix the expiration message just open CocoaFIBS with a hex editor ( i.e. http://hexedit.sourceforge.net/ ). Find the two hex instances of "32 30 30 37" and replace the  string with "32 30 39 39". This will keep the program running until 2099. Hope this works for everyone, let me know if it doesn't...

socksey

QuoteI'm experiencing the same problem.  Has anyone found a solution?  I even tried using JavaFibs but Fibs is no longer recognising me. 

Geeeeeeeeeeeez, I don't understand all this laboring with Cocoa Fibs when JavaFibs is so good and praised by Mac and PC users alike!  AND, it's free.   :yes:  What more could you want?

socksey

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night - Dave Barry

0graham0

different strokes for different folks...

webrunner

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

PolyphonicBrie

Quote from: socksey on October 31, 2007, 01:50:28 PM
Geeeeeeeeeeeez, I don't understand all this laboring with Cocoa Fibs when JavaFibs is so good and praised by Mac and PC users alike!  AND, it's free.   :yes:  What more could you want?
Personally I find JavaFIBS horrible to use.But each to their own.

If CocoaFIBS could just get its bugs ironed out then it'd be be the best FIBS client on any platform.  It already nearly is, IMO.

PB

socksey

QuotePersonally I find JavaFIBS horrible to use.But each to their own.

I suspect you didn't take the time to learn how to use Javafibs to your best advantage.  If you want to try again, I am happy to help individuals.   ;)

socksey

Never lick a steak knife. - Dave Barry