Tourneybot Frozen

Started by amarganth, October 19, 2005, 01:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMatt

Okay, I coded in a better logging facility that captures and saves all input and output to and from the bot. Maybe this will reveal something.

I also fixed a pretty major bug that crashed the bot on a certain kind of tell, though since the bot crashed properly (and reconnected after 30 seconds) I'm pretty sure that's not how whoever's crashing the bot does it.

To those of you who are running your own copies of the bot, you should update your versions from  the CVS repository and look at settings.rb to configure logging. Be advised though that the logs can fill up quickly, so you might want to check and clear them every few days or such.

Hopefully this will shed some light on the situation.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

don

I am amused that people bother to use TourneyBot to harass me when I'm not even logged in, as in the following message from a well-know multiple-ID user.

QuoteFrom TourneyBot (Jan 28 08:36 PST): You have been banned from Tourney #1643,   by the order of ***a director***.

I substituted "***a director***" so I wouldn't be accused of personal flames here.  I'm merely citing yet another tool perverted by those who pursue flames.  The fact that I was left this while not logged in shows the abuse level I have to put with from about half-a-dozen users of FIBS.  I pity those folks.

--
don
So many string dimensions, so little space time...

MadMatt

It does seem that some people have taken up creating tourneys solely for the purpose of banning one or two individuals, after which they delete the tourney. Some of these people have now been banned from TourneyBot.

I'll change it so that you're only sent a tell when you're banned from a regular tourney, which means you won't see anything if you're not online at the time.

Also, since some people apparently didn't understand my previous posts, TourneyBot now logs EVERYTHING. Every tell you send it, every message or tell it sends you, everything that comes its way. It's true, I have neither the time nor the will to police the bot and sift through the logs, but it's certainly possible to do. If this becomes too much for me to handle, I'll simply take the bot offline, it's nothing to me if the bot runs or not, I don't have time for FIBS anymore and it's public domain code anyway - anyone can run their own copy.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

adamosad

Wow what a huge post...  I wish Madmatt to find the bug soon...