News:

Look into the LINKS section. Please add your favorite backgammon links.

Main Menu

News

Started by Tomawaky, October 29, 2005, 08:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomawaky

Session 23 is closed and the next one will open soon. Wait for my go before playing your match.

Play-off for the Session 23 :
Serafin vs dorbel
paolone vs DirtyHarryII
(those are 11pts Match)

The new session 24 Will start the first of november and will end for Christmas the 27 of december.
For this session the number of silver division will be reduce from 3 to 2.
Master division will be shuffle a little more with the 3 first of each division going to the other.

Subscription for the winter FLGTY always available at http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/flgty/flgty.htm (at the bottom). You can subscribe to it until the end of december.

Last Swiss Round will start the 7 of november, and I will wait for new subscriptions by email for the next year.

For Bago, we have still trouble to find TDs.
Very few for the tuesday and not enough for the sunday.
Every help is welcome.
We are ready to change the time of the sunday one in case of new TDs help us to maintain it but are not available for the actual time.

### Watch out ### Saving Daily Time is changing this night in Europe. So next tuesday session for the BAGO will be played at 21:00 GMT
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Tomawaky

QuoteFor Bago, we have still trouble to find TDs.
Very few for the tuesday and not enough for the sunday.
Every help is welcome.
We are ready to change the time of the sunday one in case of new TDs help us to maintain it but are not available for the actual time.
As we do not have anymore TDs for sunday mornig session, the time for sunday BAGO session will change for 23:00 GMT/UTC.

This will be Socksey an Mort who will host this session from the next 13 of november.

Very thanks to both of them.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Tomawaky

Session 26 is open and will close the 28 of April.
Play-off are as below :
Sakis vs amarganth
Hardy_whv vs Spock

This is the last month to Subscribe for the Spring FLGTY

Good Luck to all of you

Tomawaky

Session 26 is closed.

The new session 27 Will start the first of may and will end the 23 of july.

Play-off for the Session 26 :
juanz vs juggler
Hardy_whv vs CornCob
(those are 11pts Match)

Hardy_whv

Playoff CornCob vs. Hardy_whv will take place Tue, 2nd May, 19:00 UTC. Supporters are welcome  :yes:

Looking forward,

Peter (CornCob)     :P

&

Hardy (Hardy_whv)    B)  
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

Hardy_whv

League final

juggler vs. Hardy_whv

will take place today, Sunday, 7 May, 18:00 UTC (20:00 MEZ).

Supporters are welcome  :yes:

Hardy  B)  

Tomawaky

Last month to Subscribe in our Summer FLGTY

Come here to Sign or to check if you are already in.

Tomawaky

Summer FLGTY 2006 is posted

Hi,
I am back from vacation ;-).
Sorry for the delay, I have forgotten to post the bracket before my vacation, so the tourney start a little later than planned.

As you can see the winter and summer tourneys are still not finished.
I tried sometimes to remember you to play your match but it will be great that you do it by your own :-(
I do not want to post any delay cause I like to see all the match played and not have too many forfeit and give advantage for people playing often. That's the spirit of the FLG. But I think you can manage your match a little better. Thanks for your help and enjoy this new tourney.

Tomawaky, always for your pleasure.

Tomawaky

I will apply the new Rules for the next session in case of equality.

It's more easy for me to make things automatic. So I just change the order of point 3 and 4.
So now the rules are as below :

1) Total Score.
2) More Wins, if same score.
3 ) Accumulated score of defeated players (for each player, sum the scores of the players he won against), if among three or more players, direct matches equal out (e.g. 1-1, or 2-2,...).
4) Direct Match against each other, if same number of accumulated score.
5) And then Tournament director will decide what to do ;-)) if direct Matches again equal out...

as it was before
1) Total Score.
2) More Wins, if same score.
3) Direct Match against each other, if same number of wins
4) Accumulated score of defeated players (for each player, sum the scores of the players he won against), if among three or more players, direct matches equal out (e.g. 1-1, or 2-2,...).
5) Direct Match of best 2-ply scores-players, if same accumulated score.
6) And then Tournament director will decide what to do ;-)) if direct Matches again equal out...

Tomawaky

Session 28 is open and will close the 28 of october.
Play-off are as below :
juggler vs dorbel
juanz vs Hardy_whv

I will apply the new Rules, as explain upper, for the next session in case of equality.

Hardy_whv

QuotePlay-off are as below :
juggler vs dorbel
juanz vs Hardy_whv

Playoff semifinal

juanz vs. Hardy_whv

is scheduled for Friday, 4 August, 19:00 Central European Summer Time (=1700 GMT).

Supporters are welcome (for both sides)  :D

Hardy  B)  

Tomawaky

the winner will play juggler who beat dorbel

Hardy_whv

Playoff final

juggler vs. Hardy_whv

is scheduled for

Sunday, 6th August, 13:00 Central European Summer Time (= 11:00 GMT).

Any supporters are welcome.

Hardy   B)  

Tomawaky

:ohmaster:  :ohmaster:  :ohmaster: Master of session 27 is juggler  :ohmaster:  :ohmaster:  :ohmaster:

Big congrats to Peter Schneider (alias juggler @ Fibs) who win his third victory in the FLG.

You can visit the Hall of Fame here

And his personnal homepage here

:ohmaster:  :ohmaster:  :ohmaster:  :ohmaster:  :ohmaster:  :ohmaster:  :ohmaster:  :ohmaster:  

socksey

WTG, juggler!  ;)))  Congrats and best wishes from one of your fans.   ;)

socksey

"One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do." - Henry Ford

Tomawaky

Hello,

Don't forget to sign (http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/signin.php) for the Fall's FLGTY !

But as I can see in the last session, bracket is not running very quickly. I am here to give you the oportunity to run tournament in a friendly way but not to remember you to play. It would take too much work.
So it is up to you to plan your match or notice me when you get no response from your opponnent or if the bracket seems not working properly.

Thanks in advance

Tomawaky

Tomawaky

Swiss 2006 - Round 6

1 yes,            [4]       :     BushSucks,  [5] 
2 magic_one,   [3.5]     :     tansley,    [4] 
3 CornCob,      [3]       :     adrian,     [3] 
4 JFM,            [3]       :     Sixta_II,   [3] 
5 Mano,          [3]       :     moyang,     [3] 
6 andreas_graf,[2.5]     :     mikeyg,     [2] 
7 juggler,         [2]       :     Hardy_whv,  [2] 
8 Tomawaky,    [2]       :     chopos,     [1] 
9 Gusssss,       [1]       :     spartiati,  [1] 
10 Forester,      [.5]     1:0    BYE             

Tomawaky

Session 29 has open and will end on the 29th of december

Play-off for Session 28 are below :

lewscannon vs zyxtcba
michaelsw vs Backwoods

Tomawaky

Tomawaky

The final of the 2006 swiss tournament will be played between BushSucks & tansley.
This will be the best of a two 13pts matches (and a last 15Pts Match if necessary).

Complete results here

Congrats to both players

Tomawaky

Tomawaky

Backwoods who beat in final zyxtcba 13-6

Backwoods is the second players with third master trophys

socksey

Congrats, Backwood :shakehands:

socksey

"This is no longer a slum neighborhood. I haven't heard of a Cubs fan being shot in a long time." - Anonymous Wrigley Field Neighbor, Chicago, Illinois

spielberg

Congratulations BW, (unlucky zyx / MrT),

I particularly liked the way you saved your trademark 5,5 to the last roll of the match when it was completely unnecessary - a fair use of dicebot!

Steve / spielberg

Tomawaky

Session 30 has open and will end on the 25th of february

Play-off for Session 29 are below :

mano vs houtx
BushSucks vs jennings

Tomawaky

Tomawaky

All in the title
mano vs hout, Friday 5 january 2007 18h00 GMT :cool:

Tomawaky

I was not sure to create one more when I see that other do not come to the end.
Please for those who sign, be sure to make your best effort to finish it.

garykay

is it too late to sign up?

Tomawaky

No. Still not open. I will accept entry until 15 january

Tomawaky

socksey

What?  Didn't happen yet?  Rescheduled?  What?

socksey

"The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age." - Lucille Ball

Tomawaky

Sorry nothing plan as I know :huh:

Tomawaky

Tomawaky

Here is Bago standing average for player with more than 9 participations for the year 2006

Zorba         3.6333   30
Schigolch    3.2903   31
socksey      3.0690   29
Anterico      2.9412  17
sidie           2.9375  16
ibt             2.8000   10
DirtyHarryII 2.7000   10
don           2.6667   12
inim           2.6667   15
KDP           2.6000   10
cis             2.5882   17
sita           2.5833   24
Sequit        2.5625   16
michaelsw   2.5455   22
Backwoods  2.5333   30
samirah       2.5263   19
Tomawaky   2.5000   18
Mort           2.4706   17
LuckyDice    2.4405   84
stog           2.3750   16
erdbeere     2.3333   30
krautlover    2.2857   14
juanz          2.2830   53
Anakin        2.2727   33
ozgit          2.2000   10
sarah         2.2000   20
elisee         2.1690   71
Paul_William 2.1364   44
cesarguimaraes 2.1053   19
diane          2.0769   39

Tomawaky

Here is Bago standing average for Country with more than 30 participations for the year 2006

netherlands     2.8302   53
switzerland     2.4649   114
australia         2.4035   57
finland           2.4000   40
germany        2.2857   350
spain            2.2727   55
usa              2.2704   196
france          2.1750   40
greatbritain   2.0498   281
bulgaria        1.8821    195
newzealand   1.5455   66

socksey

Is the second number the total number of participation for player and country?   :mellow:

socksey

Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. - Dale Carnegie

Tomawaky

Quote from: socksey on January 17, 2007, 12:33:13 PM
Is the second number the total number of participation for player and country?   :mellow:

Yes

Tomawaky

Tomawaky

Hi Fibsters,

for those who want to sign in the Swiss tournament for 2007.
Use this link

Tomawaky

The Swiss tourney has begun, check your opponent here

Swiss page

Tomawaky

I am on vacation for the next week and won't be able to close the league session and open the next one before the 5th of march.

socksey

Glad to hear it!   ;)  I'm still trying to arrange the rest of my matches. 

socksey

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

stiefnu

Sorry to sound like a grumpy old git (well, if the cap fits...) but rules are rules.  The session was always intended to end at midnight on 25th February, so that's when it should officially finish.  Tomawaky being on holiday (hope you're having a cracking good time!) does not stop the positions being recorded, for him to ratify on his return.  If anyone drops into the dreaded relegation zone in the following week (especially me!), they should not be relegated, IMHO.

stiefnu

socksey

I think Tomawaky has let the rule slide before.  Why not now, especially since he won't be available to officially end the session?  What say you, Tomawaky? 

socksey

"A small trouble is like a pebble. Hold it too close to your eye and it fills the whole world and puts everything out of focus. Hold it at a proper distance and it can be examined and properly classified. Throw it at your feet and it can be seen in its true setting, just one more tiny bump on the pathway of life." - Celia Luce

Tomawaky

I do always support play.
If some more matches have be done during this week. It's great.

Tomawaky

Session 31 has open and will end on the 4th of may.

Play-off for Session 30 are below :
magic_one vs dorbel
samirah vs Peggels

stiefnu

"Session 31 has open and will end on the 4th of May."  Or maybe on some other date...

Tomawaky

Quote from: stiefnu on March 05, 2007, 12:05:34 AM
"Session 31 has open and will end on the 4th of May."  Or maybe on some other date...

Very funny  :laugh: Thanks

... Or maybe never  :dry:
As I have a surgery in end of march, you will not maybe see me anymore :ohmy: with little chance. :yes:

stiefnu

... Or maybe never  :dry:
As I have a surgery in end of march, you will not maybe see me anymore :ohmy: with little chance. :yes:
[/quote]

A timely reminder that there is a life beyond FIBS, and more important things in life than Backgammon.  Good luck with the operation and we will all hope to see you back here, soon afterward!

Tomawaky

Tomawaky

Sorry I miss the Swiss Calendar. I have just made the update now, you can play.

Swiss page

Tomawaky

Tuesday BAGO Session is now 1 hour earlier, :slapen: DON'T MISS IT ! :sleepey:
BAGO Page

Gusssss

Quote from: Tomawaky on April 07, 2007, 04:58:46 AM
Tuesday BAGO Session is now 1 hour earlier, :slapen: DON'T MISS IT ! :sleepey:
BAGO Page

Good to see you back on top form Tomawaky  :cool: (and in one piece  ;) )

Tomawaky

Thank Gusss  :happy:
In one piece, yes.
Need crutches to walk for the moment :cripple:
But to play backgammon is enough for the moment :kaffeepc:

Tomawaky

Don't miss it !

On Tursday, 12 of april, 19:00 GMT (Fibs Time) The master final between samirah and dorbel will be held at Fibs.

12 april - 19h00GMT - samirah vs dorbel - MASTER LEAGUE FINAL

Tomawaky

Tomawaky

Welcome back Kari in competition.

Congrats :applaus: as you win Bago and F3 of april 2007  :cool:

Tomawaky

Session 32 has open and will end on the 29th of july. (The 2 summer's sessions are 3 month long because of vacation)

Play-off for Session 31 are below :

gusssss vs BushSucks
lewscannon vs Slipshod

PAY ATTENTION for MASTER division.

Because of the suggestion of some players and because all of the players were agreed to increase the length's match, I decided that all the matchs that would be played in master's division will be set to 9 PTS LENGTH as a Test for this session.
We will decide for the next one, if we continue with 9 or take back to 7.

For All other divisions, Length match is still set to 7.

Tomawaky@Fibs

Tomawaky

Quote from: Tomawaky on May 05, 2007, 11:44:23 PM
... and because all of the players were agreed to increase the length's match, I decided that all the matchs that would be played in master's division will be set to 9 PTS LENGTH as a Test for this session.

It seems that I am wrong  :unsure: So I correct this.
I would have better said that most of the players, with little exception, were agreed to increase the length's match....

Excuse me for those people.  :blush:

Tomawaky

The Swiss continue even if some have left  :huh:, check your opponent here

Swiss page

Tomawaky

Have made some change for Swiss round 3 as I miss one result.
Check the new pairment

Tomawaky

Still less players than ever but I keep on for the remainning players  :unhappy:
http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/flgty/swissfibs.htm

Tomawaky

Session 33 has open and will end on the 28th of october. (The 2 summer's sessions are 3 month long because of vacation)

Play-off for Session 32 are below :

mradica vs diane
Slipshod vs Rourke

PAY ATTENTION for MASTER division.
I keep the length's match to 9 pts in Master for the new session and will ask some feedback in the middle of this session.

Tomawaky@Fibs

Tomawaky

The Swiss continue, check your opponent for the next round

Swiss page

adrian

Sorry for not showing up! Please take it as a win for you, not a tie. I hope to be more around in the next Swiss season.  :happy:
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

Tomawaky

Quote from: adrian on September 12, 2007, 06:58:27 PM
Sorry for not showing up! Please take it as a win for you, not a tie. I hope to be more around in the next Swiss season.  :happy:

Thanks but it's a no play for both, and as I am the TD of the FLG I never ask myself for forfeit ;-)

Tomawaky

FLGTY Bracket have been updated with bye for match that would not have been played.
You reach the next step in this OLD tournament :-)
Thanks to complete your match

http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/flgty/flgty.php?bracket=Summer&Year=2006

Tomawaky

Last round for the Swiss Tournament and qualify for the final.
Check your opponent for the next round

Swiss page

Tomawaky

The new session 34 start on 1st of november and will end the 28th of december.

Play-off for Session 33 are below
[table=]
------------, ----, ------------
CornCob, vs, Rourke
Paul_William, vs, Backwoods
[/table]

I have deleted the Mailing list, because of too much spam. I think the best way to keep in touch with the news is to use the "notify" function on this topic.

Tomawaky

Please try to finish the matches earlier rather than later, so that there are less scheduling problems. I do not ask you to play your matches, but at least to plan them soon. Thanks all for your effort.

Tomawaky

Hi all,

I have change the player profil to hide email information.
You can now send email directly from the webpage to your opponent.

For those who have changed their mail to avoid spam (email(at)me(dot)com, or removethis.email@removethis.me.com), you can change it to the real one to receive mail.

Remember that you can also use Fibs Message using this command (message Tomawaky Hello can we play our match ....)

Tomawaky

Tomawaky

:applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus:
:thumbsup2:12 first players will receive a special invitation for the FIBS League Masters in january. :thumbsup2:
:applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus:

:nr1: http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/fmasterspts.php  :nr1:

Tomawaky

This year the Finale of the swiss tournament will be played between the 2 players below
Backwoods vs Tomawaky

Go to the Swiss page to see all the standings

Tomawaky

Tomawaky

BushSucks and Sakis were motivated and loose only once ;-)

Sakis vs CornCob
BushSucks vs Mano

The Session is paused and as there is so many new players it will take a little time to open the new one.
There will be a new silver and two Bronze Divisions.

See you in 2008 for the first session of the year.

mradica

I find current FIBS ratings for 12 Masters players.
Note that session play off is not finished yet so those players can get max 8 additional pts.
It is unofficial data. For official one and not conclusive yet take a look here: http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/fmasterspts.php

This is ranking according Masters points.

rank name            rating    Experience  Master pts

* 136 BushSucks       1850.20     7368       158
*  55 Rourke             1910.76     9154       155
* 213 Backwoods       1821.13    49418       147
* 150 dorbel             1843.31    20828       144
* 444 Slipshod          1758.48    70416       141
* 416 lewscannon     1764.39    47706       131
* 397 don                1768.09    53533       129
* 217 samirah           1819.97    38446       126
*  92 CornCob           1880.86     9543       120
* 607 Peggels           1729.39     1581       113
*  37 Sakis               1941.85     8470       109
*  89 mradica            1884.70     6281       103

And this is ranking according FIBS rating points:

*  37 Sakis               1941.85     8470
*  55 Rourke             1910.76     9154
*  89 mradica            1884.70     6281
*  92 CornCob           1880.86     9543
* 136 BushSucks       1850.20      7368
* 150 dorbel             1843.31    20828
* 213 Backwoods       1821.13    49418
* 217 samirah           1819.97    38446
* 397 don                1768.09    53533
* 416 lewscannon      1764.39     47706
* 444 Slipshod           1758.48    70416
* 607 Peggels            1729.39     1581

Tomawaky

This session because the number of division has changed, at the end of the session :
- The 3 players at the bottom of the Gold division will go down
- Only the 2 players at the Top of the silver will go up
- The 4 players at the bottom of the Silver will go down
- and the 3 players at the top of the Bronze go up

don

Hey Tomawaky.

It is not clear if the Masters' Tourney will consist of the 12 top rated FibsLeaGammon participants or if they must agree to play.  If they don't, will lower positions (13+..) be allowed in?  Personally, I'd prefer 12 active players.

Also, tho the rules state one week to complete a round, they don't say (or I didn't see) when the rounds start.

--
don
So many string dimensions, so little space time...

Tomawaky

It will be 12 active players. I am waiting for the 2 last players if they will be in or not (Sakis has already told me he would not be able to play and ask a joker for this session). Then I will wait for play-off to end before starting the masters.

Tomawaky

Please, use this new URL to post your play-Off matches

http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/matches.php?RefTny=Play-Off

Tomawaky

I decided to not post any more news of the FLG here. You can still access them from the FLG homepage.

webrunner

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

Tomawaky

That staff and no real significance. And I do not think it is necessary to discuss it here and open the debate. (You will told me)
But if somebody want to know, I can answer personnal message.

socksey

I'm not sure what you mean, Tomawaky, but I like having your announcements here.   :mellow:

socksey

You may see her some night, silhouetted against the moon, & ask who taught her to fly. My mother, she’ll say. She was a good teacher. As far as my wings carry me, my heart always knows the way home. - Laini

mradica

If someone is interested to watch, there will be semifinal match play in Wednesday 20th February at 20:00 UTC
between Peggels and mradica. We will play at least two 9 pointers that evening. Possible third match will be played on Thursday same time, if it will be to late same day.

Thanks