News:

check out the backgammon problems...http://www.fibsboard.com/backgammon-problems/
y not post a position yourself - help is available on posting with pics and spoiler

Main Menu

Ranking Of Master B

Started by Spock, October 30, 2005, 12:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamosad

QuoteA : - W L W W 3 1 10
B : L - W W L 2 2 8
C : W L - L W 2 2 8
D : L L W - W 2 2 8
E : L W L L - 1 3 5

Now I understand it  :D

QuoteIs it more clear now for every body. Fell free to correct this add comments ;-)
But you can see now that the rules become complicate and players who look at the rules for the first time can be scared
So If I add this to my rules Page, I will certainly let the summarize rules and add a link for the complete

Good idea. Just add a link for the completed rule near each summarized rule with the examples you gave us above. This will help a lot!!!  

adamosad

Let me see if I understand completely the whole package of rules. If not, please correct me.

Consider the same score with the 4 players above but the following sub-league:

dorbel - W L W 2 1 7pts
sakis   L - W W 2 1 7pts
tryout W L - W 2 1 7pts
spock  L L L -   0 3 3pts

Here I only change the the tryout vs spock match. I assume that tryout won that match. In addition Spock won another independant match (that he actually lost) and Tryout lost another independant match (that he actually won). The second assumpion is just to leave the all 4 players with the same ranking as before according to rules 1 and 2.

Then here Spock is out and we make a sub-league between the 3. All 3 are equal so rule 4 must give us the winner.

dorbel - W L  1 1 4pts
sakis   L - W  1 1 4pts
tryout W L -  1 1 4pts

So rule 4 is based on "the best player is the one that beats the best players"

So if 1 players have the highest accumulate score, he wins.
If 2 players have the same (highest) accumulate score, according to rule 5 the winner is the one that wins the direct match between then.
If all have the same accumulate score, Tomawaky must find a solution(rule 6)...

Tomawaky

:grouphug:  :eeeek:
:thumbsup2:  :agree:  :beer:  :ohmaster:  :beerdrinkers:  

YOU GOT IT MY FRIEND[/b][/size]
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

tansley

Not an easy problem to solve.

Well done Tomawaky, and remember, however troublesome it can be at times, we are very grateful for FLG.  It is a fantastic addition to FIBS.

On another note, is it true that you have banned tryout from this forum?
I didn't see him say anything in this thread that seemed rude or insulting.
I was under the impression that tryout had helped you with various aspects of FLG in the past.
It seems a shame if this ban is the only possible course of action for you.  :(  

Hardy_whv

QuoteNot an easy problem to solve.
On another note, is it true that you have banned tryout from this forum?
I was under the impression that tryout had helped you with various aspects of FLG in the past.
(

Well, I must admit, tryout seems to get rude from time to time and would definetively NOT make it into the diplomatic corps ...  B)

But knowing him in person I know, that he is actually very nice and doesn't mean it rude for sure.

So I do agree, that his ban from this forum should be lifted. He did quite a lot of good thinks for the FIBS League in the past and will continue in the future.

Hardy   :D
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

Tomawaky

QuoteOn another note, is it true that you have banned tryout from this forum?
It seems a shame if this ban is the only possible course of action for you.  :(
Do you really think I am the kind of man who can ban tryout from somewhere.
I have just said that I will give up the discussion with him cause he stay always on this first point and don't try to bring anything else to improve.... He found rules 3 unfair and didn't say why or how can it be improve. I prefer to go ahead.
And the two last topics where we argue both him and I, I have found him with the same tone which I do not appreciate, especially the last time. I don't know what he try to do but he gets me on my nerves.

But I do not gag him at all and have no reason to do it.
And you can see that now we stop with tryout, this topic has gone in a better way (all at least in the sense that I appreciate)

So don't speak before knowing the truth and I have no shame on me.

Yes I repeat, he helped me and I already thanks him many times for that. But now I waste my time with him.

You can see that I always say what I think and always do what I say (At least I try).
I am not the kind to be nourished of insipid things

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Tomawaky

QuoteSo I do agree, that his ban from this forum should be lifted. He did quite a lot of good thinks for the FIBS League in the past and will continue in the future.

Hardy   :D
I did not ban him and will never DO
I can't understand how you can believe this
I am not that kind of people

I don't like the ban and only use it if somebody is spaming me and for nothing else.

Hardy_whv

I did not ban him and will never DO
I can't understand how you can believe this

Sorry Tomawaky, must have been some misunderstanding. I heard it from different people, therefore believed in it's truth. So please, just disregard my posting.

And always remember: "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."   :rolleyes:

Hardy  B)  
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

Tomawaky

How easy bad rumors are going on fibs ;-)

Spock

The new formulation of rule 3) is acceptable and probably a good solution. But only for future seasons. For the last season it would be unfair, though, to apply this procedure, since it's a completely different thing than what is stated in the rules. Instead, rule 4) needs to be applied.

But....Toma why did you insult tryout? He didn`t provoke you in no way so stick to facts! If you can`t anwser to his questions...at least be polite!
I advise you to apologise to tryout.

Regards

Spock

Tomawaky

QuoteThe new formulation of rule 3) is acceptable and probably a good solution. But only for future seasons. For the last season it would be unfair, though, to apply this procedure, since it's a completely different thing than what is stated in the rules. Instead, rule 4) needs to be applied.

But....Toma why did you insult tryout? He didn`t provoke you in no way so stick to facts! If you can`t anwser to his questions...at least be polite!

Regards

Spock
The rules was maybe not complete in detail but have always been as it has been explained just above

I have nothing to apologise. Tryout since 2 post is playing on words and do nothing to improve there but only make some confuse.
As I said, I do not know what he try to do but but it is not in my understanding in good spirit.

Tomawaky

And for everybody.

Those who don't apreciate my league can go elsewhere.

I have not created it to waste my time with those kind of discussion, remember players to play there match, make the referee between 2 players when there are not agree etc etc etc....
And these time I loose my time with all of this and can't play anymore.

Fell free to go elsewhere if you want to argue.

Here is just for fun and playing

tryout

Interesting that now I'm able to post here again. When I tried the last time about 3 days ago I couldn't. At first I thought that I entered the wrong password. I also checked that I have cookies and Javascript enabled in the browser. But everything was fine, which was also confirmed by the fact that I could indeed log in to FibsBoard and had access to the settings ("my controls"). But nevertheless, when I tried to post a reply I got "You don't have permissions".

That tomawaky denies to have banned me is puzzling. Who else was it then? He does have moderator status for this flg forum and apart from him only 2 more people have the necessary permissions.

It also seems to fall very much in line with the rest of his actions. He ignored all my arguments, tried to ridicule my point of view, then even insulted me and finally prove his lack of integrity by extremely low comments about my help for him.

QuoteI have just said that I will give up the discussion with him cause he stay always on this first point and don't try to bring anything else to improve.... He found rules 3 unfair and didn't say why or how can it be improve. I prefer to go ahead.
This blindness is really hard to believe. I gave lots of reasons, just scroll up. I've also said that therefore rule 4) should be applied.
What more constructiveness does tomawaky expect?
If he ignores every single argument and states how low he thinks of all that I've helped him, I certainly won't do his job yet another time, and formulate new rules.

Btw, congrats adamosad for working out the rules and also listening to all arguments!

QuoteAnd the two last topics where we argue both him and I, I have found him with the same tone which I do not appreciate, especially the last time. I don't know what he try to do but he gets me on my nerves.
Yeah, giving arguments and reasons gets on his nerves...

QuoteAnd you can see that now we stop with tryout, this topic has gone in a better way
Good grief, what a convincing proof. With me it might have taken the same or even better way, especially if the TD in charge hadn't ignored all arguments.
What is tomawaky actually up to? Only trying to discredit me? Can't he even stop his personal attacks even in the time when I didn't/couldn't write anything?

QuoteThe new formulation of rule 3) is acceptable and probably a good solution. But only for future seasons. For the last season it would be unfair, though, to apply this procedure, since it's a completely different thing than what is stated in the rules. Instead, rule 4) needs to be applied.
I share this opinion. The new rules can be worked with, but not retroactively for the last season since it's far from anything written in the rules.

QuoteBut....Toma why did you insult tryout? He didn`t provoke you in no way so stick to facts! If you can`t anwser to his questions...at least be polite!
I have nothing to apologise. Tryout since 2 post is playing on words and do nothing to improve there but only make some confuse.
Keep on being ignorant and put the blame on others. You don't even recognise your insults?

QuoteAnd for everybody.
Those who don't apreciate my league can go elsewhere.
I have not created it to waste my time with those kind of discussion, remember players to play there match, make the referee between 2 players when there are not agree etc etc etc....
And these time I loose my time with all of this and can't play anymore.
Fell free to go elsewhere if you want to argue.
Here is just for fun and playing
What is a tournament director good for if s(he) is afraid of discussions? If s(he) thinks the organising just happens by itself and all players always do their best effort. If s(he) doesn't want to resolve player disputes.
Sure, it would be very nice if everything went smoothly. Discussions and disputes do happen, players do forget things or can't arrange matches and lots more. Face the reality, a TD job is work.

(I apologise to any reader who feels this posting may not be overly polite. If this one isn't, well, I'm quite fed up with tomawaky's behaviour.)

GammonLeague -- Join free Backgammon tournaments
[size=8] [/size]
FIBS TEAM League -- Play Backgammon with friends in a team

Tomawaky

So I know now where you want to come Tryout.
Best luck.

I will and don't want never do anything else with you. Now that I know how you are.

Everyone will believe what he want on that topic.
Read it from the beginning and make your opinion.
I will never post any more on the subjet cause for me all have been said.

Tomawaky

adamosad

QuoteBtw, congrats adamosad for working out the rules and also listening to all arguments!
Hi Tryout,

As I mention before as the rule was not very clear two things could take place (The following is a quote of one of my previews posts):

QuoteSo Tomawaky have to do one of those: 1) Leave the rule as it is and follow the Tryout process or 2) Modify the rule to make it clear to the public what that rule actually means and continue using the method that he describe above.

As long as Tomawaky wanted to use his sub-league rule, I try to find a modification of the rule that it would help him in the long run (In future cases as Spock said above.) I think I was successful. I only wanted to help the tourney director and find a rule that it will not confuse the public. If Tomawaky chose the option 1, I would not say anything about the second as I don't want to make things even more complicate.

In addition, I think that only the TD of a specific tourney has the power to change rules. The others can make suggestions and the TD will decide to accept them or not. For example, I suggest that you could enter a different kind of team tourney that it is easier to run in your site but this remain only an idea. Another example: Some weeks ago you suggested me to modify Rating Championship rules and make them (ratings) 1100-1500 for group A, 1501-1750 for group B and 1751+ for group C. That was a veryyyyy good idea. I have troubles every time I run a tourney for group C as few people (non-bots) have rating more than 1801 and even fewer are online the time I run the tourney. With your idea, I could enlarge the tourney demand for that group. I was between this modification and the rule I enter now (if less than 4 players enter the tourney, the tourney will be cancelled and the players that were in will be awarded with 2 points). If the current system is not successful, I will use your idea. My point here is that ONLY the TD can accept or not an idea and enter it in his/her tourney. All the others can only give suggestion and that's what I did above after I did hear ALL arguments and after I saw which choice the TD had made.

As for the current case (for this session) maybe you have a point as the rule was not very clear but only the TD can decide what he will do. As for all of us we can give advices and suggestions that maybe help the TD in the short or in the long run period of his tourneyââ,¬Â¦....

tryout

Hi adamosad,

I do think that the new rules work. The term "sub-league" also defines it rather well.

I also agree that of course only the TD can set or alter any rules. But like you just said others can suggest or request changes. Whether they are accepted is another question.

During such a discussion it's advisable to support or defend one's opinion with good arguments. And it's also normal to voice contrary opinions or disagreement.

GammonLeague -- Join free Backgammon tournaments
[size=8] [/size]
FIBS TEAM League -- Play Backgammon with friends in a team

socksey

I want to thank Tomawaky for the league and for all the work he has put into it.  

People often forget that TD's have other lives and Fibs tournaments and leagues are not their only responsibility.  Too much discussion can be very frustrating and time consuming, especially if the tone becomes hostile.

QuoteDuring such a discussion it's advisable to support or defend one's opinion with good arguments. And it's also normal to voice contrary opinions or disagreement.

Please remember that this is a volunteer position and therefore should not be open to verbal abuse.  The TD has the final say and he/she is not obligated to listen to anyone.  Tomawaky has listened, discussed, and has made his choice.

socksey

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority." - E. B. White

Tomawaky

Here are The more Detail Rules for Fibs League Ranking.

Feel free to add comment or give me more appropriate words if my english is not perfect.

adamosad

Perfect job Tomawaky  :yes:

Just another (small suggestion): For rule 4 you maybe want to insert another table with the normal order before you sort the players by their ranking. For example I can understand that Backwoods took 8 points from Ritagnu but what about the 19, 18 and 16. I know that this is not the main point of the rule but it maybe confuse the readers.

Continue the GREAT work !!!! :cool: