News:

most Recent Posts and Recent Topics now viewable on the front page!

Main Menu

Joker

Started by socksey, November 14, 2005, 01:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socksey

QuoteDear Frank, I have tried to e-mail you to request a joker for this session, as I will be travelling until Christmas. The e-mails are always returned, so I am trying this method of contact! Can I have a joker please? best regards, Paul (dorbel)

QuoteQUOTE (dorbel @ Nov 13 2005, 10:07 AM)
Dear Frank, I have tried to e-mail you to request a joker for this session, as I will be travelling until Christmas. The e-mails are always returned, so I am trying this method of contact! Can I have a joker please? best regards, Paul (dorbel)

It's not a bad methodÃ, 
But You have this joker already.
Next time try mail via fibsboard or add [FLG] in the subject of your mail to contact fibsleagammon email.
(Tomawaky)

QuoteJust some questions Tomawaky. What is a Joker? What advantages does it give you? When and how many times per period can we use it?

PS Socksey can you make the last 3 replies with this one included as a different independent topic? (As the joker has nothing to do with the swiss tourney)
(adamosad)

A joker is received by a player from Tomawaky if he cannot play a season. This allows him to retain his position in the league without playing any matches for one season only. I am not clear on whether Tomawaky accepts any reason or not. Maybe he will clarify this for us.

The icon that looks like a little devil is used for this purpose to show the player who has the joker.  You can see this icon near the bottom of the rules here:  

http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/rules.htm

socksey

"Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?" - John Mendoza

Tomawaky

Correct Socksey ;-)
I consider that a joker a year can be awarded but have not put clear rules cause I prefer to be the only judge, this time.
I will not tolarate any abuse but I consider that with big trouble we can award 2 joker in a row if necessary.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

lewscannon

Hmph! Dorbel complains about the unequal divisions, but when he gets placed in MasterA, all of a sudden he needs a joker. Be careful of what you wish for!