News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

Zvamp Team Event

Started by ZVamp_dad, November 15, 2005, 10:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZVamp_dad

:D Hi I am a member of a Team which normally plays on the msn Zone :P its just a thought but has anyone explored the feasability of inter site challenges where the ZVamps for example could all come to your site with a full team of up to maybe 10 to 30 players all register and play 2 different opponents each in a 5,7 or higher match on the return match your players could come to the Zone and play us on our home turf in an equal challenge :D, if we could get several Backgammon sites to join in it could well be quite a large tournament over say 1 month or 2. :D hehe as I said at the moment this is only a fledgeling of an idea but I would be interested to here your thoughts on this :) tyvm ZVamp_dad

webrunner

That sounds really cool.
We should have a way to keep track of the score though...
Can i help?
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

tryout

Hi ZVamp_dad,

This is a good idea, which I've also contemplated about. The biggest problem though, is that people would need to have both clients installed and be ready to play at both sites. I have the impression that players on FIBS hardly also play at the Zone (and vice versa?).

Also mind that FIBS has a lot of non-MS users.

A few Zone related questions:

Do you use the Microsoft client that comes with Windows for the Zone or is there something else? When I tried it once I was horrified and left immediately. After finishing the match. ;)

I've heard that the MS Zone client is subject to cheating. (No, not the usual accusations, but serious design flaws in the software, since the client generates the dice, not the server.) How do you deal with this in a tournament environment?

Well, having said this, I'd like to see this going.

I organise the FIBS Team League and the GammonLeague Live Tournament (possibly more in future) on GammonLeague. Players only need to report their match results, the rest is automatic. Perhaps it's possible that I extend it so that non-Fibs players can register, too.

GammonLeague -- Join free Backgammon tournaments
[size=8] [/size]
FIBS TEAM League -- Play Backgammon with friends in a team

ZVamp_dad

:D thank you for your interest I will have to get back to you with the more technical details as I do not have them to hand :D I know that the "Zone" does hold an official competition with another gammon site but I was thinking this is something that we could organise on a friendly basis and not actually involve "The Zone" controllers as it should not be necessary :) it is easy to join the Zone for free and I for one have enjoyed many gr8 tournys on there :) however as you so rightly point out their major problem to me seems to be ZONE DICE which is a bugbear for all who play on there :) however as its an equal playing field for all its something we have grown to live with, in general we all seem to be in agreement that it evens out over time lol. I am only an ordinary player not an administrator or room host or anything like that but have Team mates who know a lot more so will try to get as much information as possible :)

webrunner

I will have a look this weekend if i can create something for this..
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |