News:

want to modify your profile? -- top menu  here, then "modify profile" left menu- then "Forum Profile Information"

Main Menu

Looking For A New Home For Tourneybot

Started by MadMatt, November 25, 2005, 11:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMatt

Webrunner has informed me he will no longer be able to host TourneyBot, so I'm looking for a new home for it.

Basically, any box that can run the Ruby interpreter will do, though I would strongly prefer a Linux system. TourneyBot tries to be a good little bot and doesn't use too many system resources.

If you would be interested in hosting the bot, please let me know.

Thanks,

Matt.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

MadMatt

I have found temporary home for TourneyBot on a Linux box of a friend. It'll run there for a few months until I can come up with a more permanent solution. It is a very stable 24/7 connection, so there really shouldn't be much problems with the bot anymore.

Thank you to those people who have offered their Windows machines, but for something like this I strongly prefer a Linux server to a home Windows desktop which I would only use in a last resort.

If you do have a Linux server that could house a well-behaved bot in the future, please let me know.

And thank you to Webrunner who has kindly provided hosting to TourneyBot for two years.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

Tomawaky

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

adamosad

webrunner

Good news!
It has been my pleasure hosting TourneyBot!

Just let me know if i need to do anything Matt :)
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

webrunner

Is this still on?
When will it be transfered?
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

MadMatt

QuoteIs this still on?
When will it be transfered?
It was transferred last week and has been running off the new server since then. You can delete it from your server or whatever you need to do if you like.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website