News:

Please consider re-bookmarking your link to Fibsboard's Home page for a complete experience http://www.fibsboard.com

Main Menu

Anyone Has A Macosx Build For Gnubg ?

Started by Peyo, January 30, 2006, 12:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peyo

I am struggling to find GnuBG for MacosX, preferably the latest 0.14.3 version.

I tried installing it from Darwin-ports (i.e. from source code), but it fails with a compile error and I have no means (or competence) to fix it.

Does anyone have a build, and can it be made available ?

Many thanks in advance

squeakpip

YES!

At last, the folks at gnubg.org have FINALLY got a link to their build for Mac OS X 10.3.x after their big server crash.

Not only that, mdpetch has also provided a NEW build for Mac OS X 10.4.x  that is a one step installation (presuming you already have X11 installed on your Mac, of course). The 10.3.x installation still requires that you download three separate files and install each.

Here is where to find them -- http://www.gnubg.org/index.php?itemid=23

Open that link, then scroll down past the installation instructions to the "Comments" section and look for the comments posted by mdpetch. In his comments he provides links to downloads for both the 10.3 build and the 10.4 build.

The actual installation process for 10.3 remains exactly the same as described in the Installation Instructions at the top of the page -- the only difference is that the links in that section which are supposed to let you download the various files DO NOT WORK -- you will have to download the files from the link in mdpetch's comments post. But once you have the files, refer to the Installation section for details on how to proceed from there.

For the 10.4 build, just follow mdpetch's instructions.

A note to users of 10.3 -- don't be surprised if when you load the 3D backgammon board, X11 crashes. Maybe it won't do that for you, but it does it every time I try it. I would be interested in hearing from 10.4 users if the 3D board is useable in the 10.4 build.

squeakpip  

claudio_first

The link that mdpetch put in his post are an update for the version 0.14.1 or is something new?

Thanks

Claudio