News:

Remember if you wish to share a pic or a story, with just a selected few, use the new extended profile with custom buddy list http://www.fibsboard.com/announcements/new-ultimate-profile-a-biopicdocumentsounds-area-that-can-only-be-seen-by-b/

Main Menu

RCT Group C Rating Limit

Started by adamosad, February 12, 2006, 12:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamosad

After the failure to increase the demand for Rating Championship Tourney (RCT) Group C, I decide to let people vote for the more efficient rating limit. I want to thx Tryout for his suggestion. Decreasing the rating limit for this group to 1751+ or 1701+ can be a good solution. I think Group Bââ,¬â,,¢s demand will not decrease a lot if we lower the upper limit to 1750 or 1700.

mrbond

Can I be a pain and also suggest that the RCT catogories be listed as:

Cat A; 1100 to 1499
Cat B: 1500 to 1699
Cat C: 1700+

....otherwise, changing the entry level for group C to 1700, ooops, I mean 1701 is the best option!  

Nice to see you back adamosad!  :rolleyes:  
That will be shaken, not, stirred!

adamosad

Thx Mrbond for your welcome message and your suggestion  :D  

I think the suggestion above is a very good idea and I will change the categories as soon as the voting will end  :D  

adamosad

Almost a week left! Please help me to choose the best decision. Thx everyone who has already voted!

adamosad

54% is enough I think  :D

RCT Updated Rules and Modifications:                                

1. Format is single-elimination match play,Normal 1 pt and Final 3 pts for GROUP A, Normal 3 pts and Final 5 pts for GROUP B and Normal 5 pts and Final 7 pts for GROUP C. Reputation limit is set to 0 or better.

2. Tourney is being played online realtime in Fibs. It starts every Sunday at 15:00 UTC, worldtime . Group A plays in Jan, Apr, Jul and Oct. Group B plays in Feb, May, Aug and Nov. Group C plays in Mar, Jun, Sep and Dec. The results will be announced quarterly.

3. The first 3 months of this tournament (Jan-Mar) were considered a test period, however, scores accumulated were added to the next 3 months period score. Consequently the first period (1-6/2005) were a half year period instead of a 3-months period.

4. Each Match is limited to 45 minutes. Anyone gone for 7 minutes or gone a total of 3 times will forfeit that match. Player missing will be timed by the tournament host ONLY and should be reported to the host.

5. If a scheduled tourney is delayed more than 30 min, it won't run. (Special thx to DirtyharryII for this rule)

6. In each tourney, points will be rewarded like this: all players will get 2 points for EACH WIN and the two finalist will get EXTRA bonuses. The winner +4 and the runner up +2 (Special thx to Socksey and Kari_Grandi for this idea as I used a modification of Friday3 and Minimatches rule)

7. At the end of each period, the player with most points in each group will be that group champion for that period. The quarterly winner and the runner ups will be inserted into Tourneystatsbot database and Fibsleagammonââ,¬â,,¢s Hall of Fame. In addition Champion and runner ups will be inserted into Rating Championship Hall of Fame (Special thx to Tomawaky for the access to his "hall of fame" and for the creation of "Rating Championship Hall of Fame". Special thx to Amarganth for the creation of Tourneystatsbot and for the access to it).

8. Only 1 person can be a champion for a specific period and no more than 4 can be runner-ups. In case of a draw in 1st place, then the champion is the player with more 1st places in all tourneys that were run that period. In case of a draw again, the champion is the player with more 2nd places in all tourneys that were run that period etc.This rule is only for the quarterly winner and not for runner up (In case of 4 players or less than 4). If two players take the same points in 2nd place, they will share the second place. But in case of more than 4 players e.g 5 or 6, only 4 can take the runner-up place so the method that was described above will be used to choose the 4 runner-ups (Special thx to Tomawaky, Moj and Fishboy for the creation of this rule)

9. All RCTs must have at least 4 players. In case that any tourney fails to have enough registrations in a 30 minutes period, then that tourney will be dropped and every participant will be awarded with 2 points.

10. RCT groups rating limits changed on 1st March 2006 from 1100-1500, 1501-1800 and 1801-2200 to 1100-1499, 1500-1699 and 1700-2200 respectively. Special thx to Tryout and Mrbond for this modification.