News:

we welcome new Sponsors..keep the board going.....advertise your thing for a modest donation contact the webmaster@fibsboard.com

Main Menu

Delfibs

Started by delfibs, June 07, 2006, 06:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delfibs

Delfibs is a new fibs client.

You can play by cliking on the checkers or you can drag them.

Played and watched games can be exported to .mat format.

You can browse thrue the games.

You can chat with yours friends.

You can display your rating curve.

The players list shows the players with saved games, friends and villains in differents colors.

You can look to your saved matches.

Complete RepBot integration.

and much more...

download link : Download

homepage: Delfibs

I need feedback and bugs report.

Boards are from Michael Darooge. i ask him the  permission to use his boards on his web site but i didn't get any answer. If someone knows his email address i would like to ask him again.

Tomawaky

Have just played one match
Really great.
Still error message box little bug, but nothing which is crashing the client.

Improve a little and it could be one of the most famous interface.

I like
- the availibility to change my board even if the only 2 present look good
- friend with different color in shout
- button with command associated
- Much better statistics

Some idea for you to work on  :D

I don't see where can I save my played match but not search long !
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

delfibs

-ability to change board : everythink is planed for it, i only need boards designers to allow me to use their boards. When i have time i write a 'how to build your board'.
-different color for friend's shout : easy to do if others need that.
-buttons: what commands do you need? can be added.
-Statistics: what type of statistics do you need?
-saved matches can be found in installdirectory/saved

burper

If there was some way to make use of board formats other clients use, you have several right away. You wouldn't need permission to use them, as you are not shipping your product with them.
If it is not directly possible to do that, maybe an import function could be created, or a separate translator.
Make everything as standardized as possible, e.g. import/export match formats widely used.
Where possible, import profile/config info from other clients. Do you support the profile field that javafibs uses for country/gender etc...?
You might also want to update the name of the webpage ;)

No license? Is this program in the public domain? Am I free to redistribute it myself for fun and profit? Am I able to reverse engineer it?

Your web page doesn't make it immediately clear that this is a windows only client. Which versions of windows will it run on? Would it run using wine on linux? What about that Mac thingie that allows those nerds to run windows apps?

Any chance of the code being made open source? The one thing that fibs lacks is a first rate open source client. I doubt you would make money with this thing anyway, not because of any lack of quality, but there are already a sufficient number of options for fibs freeloaders.

BTW, what promise do I get that this thing does not install any malware on my windows box?

What about proxy support? That might be a feature that would set you apart. Most clients are not socksified.

Screenshots look great. I'm just trying to give you lots to think about for 1.0.
Nice work and good luck!

Kari_Grandi

I really liked this client right away.
IMO the best features of both 3dfibs and javafibs.

I chatted with the author about few bugs that I found
and he promised to repair those right away.

Definately my new client when those couple of things are fixed!
Good work  :cool:  

Tomawaky

When I import the saved match in GNU there was some "warnig about invalid move"
I think also about multiple chat windows

Edditing button would be perfect, then we chose ones we want to create
statistics about match played like in javafibs : Win loss global / per lentgh / per user
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

delfibs

burper:  support of javafibs profile: will be done for the next version

Tomawaki : colors in friend shouts: done
                 programmable buttons: working on
                 better stats : planed but not for the next release
                 Problem with exported match : was your game resumed? in this case it is 'normal' the first part of you match is lost. I have chosen to save it anyway because you can analyse the following games. It's the same thing with watched games, if you miss the start of the match. It's a choise that can be change, if people think it is unusfull to have only parts of matches.

Kari_Grandi: problem with friends is corrected. You told me about slow chekkers animation in second game, i can't reproduce the problem. Can you tell me how you did?

i hope i can release a new version soon.

Tomawaky

QuoteTomawaki : colors in friend shouts: done
                 programmable buttons: working on
                 better stats : planed but not for the next release
                 Problem with exported match : was your game resumed? in this case it is 'normal' the first part of you match is lost. I have chosen to save it anyway because you can analyse the following games. It's the same thing with watched games, if you miss the start of the match. It's a choise that can be change, if people think it is unusfull to have only parts of matches.
No I have played now 2 matchs and for the 2 there was no resume.
And for the two I have some play that can't be inmported !!!
I don't know why. I am using javafibs for long and never encounter this trouble.

First exemple
7) 51: 20/15 7/6                42: 24/22 13/9
8) 42: 15/11 6/4                41: 6/5 9/5
9) 44: 11/7 13/9 13/9 5/1         Doubles => 2
                                54: 13/8 8/4
11) 66: 7/1 7/1 7/1 7/1          65: 22/17 17/11

Maybe because of the double there is a shift !

Second example
Game 1
You : 0                         Haribo : 0
                                51: 13/8 24/23
2) 61: 13/12 12/10 13/7 8/7     54: 24/20 20/15
3) 52: 13/8 24/22               55: 8/3 8/3 6/1 6/1
4) 41: 25/21                    11: 6/5 5/4 8/7 8/7

=> Strange second line !  

delfibs

tomawaky : can you send me your saved files please, i had try and for me the export function works.

Tomawaky

I need your email.

diane

QuoteI need your email.
Doesn't the email in his profile work?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tomawaky

NOP  :(
Email link do not work anymore at fibsboard for me !

diane

QuoteNOP  :(
Email link do not work anymore at fibsboard for me !
Hmmm, the rules are still missing too - I wonder if we lost some of the functionality in one of the recent downtimes.  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

delfibs

Tomawaky : look in your PM box. thanks

Tomawaky

send it to you

webrunner

This looks great. :cool:  :yes:  :yes:
Tell me when you need a seperate forum on fibsboard for this client (like javafibs has)  
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

delfibs

A new version is available :
0.9 beta 6

-color for friends in shout list
-custom buttons
-new list view for players
-Support of javafibs's profile field.

-bugs correction

-add of new bugs?

same download link.

Tomawaky

Downloaded.
I will test

Tomawaky

saved matches are still not correct and this is the most important feature for me after the Board.

delfibs

I haven't received your wrong saved matches. If you want you can copy and paste the text of the files. You can open them with any text editor.
Are the moves correct in the game tab when you play? i got the moves from there to export them
Do you play under the name of Tomawaky or another one?
With witch program do you try to import saved games?
it's strange, for me saved matches work so it is difficult for me to correct.
Does anybody have the same problem?