Fridays3, Last Tourney For June

Started by diane, June 28, 2006, 01:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Hi Folks,

Due to exceptional circusmtances - we cannot hold Fridays3 this friday  :(

I have decided to reschedule this last June round for Thursday 29th June at 14.00 UTC.  
I will email a link to this topic to all those with points - but please feel free to help spread the news.  Attached is a file showing the current month standings (I hope  :D )

I hope you all can make it.

Diane
Never give up on the things that make you smile

diane

Ok - it really doesnt want me to add an attachment - so I will have to do it longhand  :(

Im_not_gimmeluck   16
donzaemon               14
chopos, burper              12

bergkamp, mrbond, samirah, Samir      8

spielberg   6

Kari_Grandi, diane, Zorba   4

The rest all have 2 points:

Backwoods, BushSucks, Gusssss, iowcoops, KATO, sackofjaweea, secos, socksey, nikotyme, iana_ro.

burper

"exceptional circumstances", meaning, burper has a chance of winning and we have to try and shake him

diane

I think it may have more to do with football - reall football - you know, that which is played with the feet  ;) . But not me - our game isnt played until saturday  :D  

diane

Yee haaa - I now know how to copy and paste from a spreadsheet - this makes reporting Fridays3 results a lot easier - and I will therefore be doing this more regularly - so you can all follow where you are.  These are the standings for June 06 - many congratulations to gimme - who finally won!!:D :D :D . Well played the other  close contenders - and maybe it will be your turn next month. ;)  
       June:                          2       9      16      23      30  overall
       Im_not_gimmeluck              12                       4       2      18
       donzaemon                      2      12                              14
       chopos                                        12                      12
       burper                                                12              12
       Kari_Grandi                    4                               8      12
       cassandra                                                     12      12
       bergkamp                                       8                       8
       mrbond                         8                                       8
       samirah                        0       8                               8
       Samir                                                  8               8
       spielberg                      4               2                       6
       diane                          0       4                               4
       Zorba                          0       4                               4
       socksey                        2                               2       4
       Billy_Big_Balls                                                4       4
       Backwoods                              2                               2
       BushSucks                                      2                       2
       Gusssss                                                2               2
       iowcoops                       2                                       2
       KATO                                   2                               2
       sackofjaweea                   2                                       2
       secos                                  2                               2
       nikotyme                                               2               2
       iana_ro                                                2               2
       nikotyme                                               2               2
       BabySnake                                                      2       2
       spudgun                                                        2       2

diane

That may not be the most elegant way to do this - but it was fast and easy - which means there is a much greater chance of me finding the enthusiasm to do it  :P  

BushSucks

Great work Diane, looks elegant enough to me, easy to read and understand and a nice overview over the complete month.

And: congratulations to Im_not_gimmeluck on winning the June's trophy! Keep on the good rolls  :cool:

Cheers, BushSucks

socksey

Sorry, bookkeeping is on my resume, but I don't understand the spreadsheet at all.  Maybe it's my display.   :wacko:

socksey

"A billion here, a billion there, sooner or later it adds up to real money." - Everett Dirksen, Congressman

diane

It works like this: Im_not_gimmeluck played on the 9th of June and won - getting 12 points, he next played on the 23rd June and got 4 points, on the last tourney of the month, held on the 29th June (replacing the one which should have been the 30th) he won one round and got another 2 points.  This gave him an overall total of 18 points - and the highest score of the month - hence he wins the month overall.  That was an example chosen mostly so I could say again - congratulations Im_not_gimmeluck  :yes:  :yes:  :D  :D

To check your score socksey, find your name in the left hand column and look across to the right.  When you see a number entered - check the heading for that column, the first number is 2 and the column heading is 2 - this means on the second of June you scored 2 points, going further along the number 2 appears again - looking at the column header it says 30 - this means in the tourney which should have been held on the 30th June (but was held on the 29th) you entered and won 2 points. Following on to the final column you see that your score overall for June was 4 points.

If this is still not clear - perhaps it will become clearer as I post regularly - and you see the columns filling each week.  The copy and paste function wich has to be used will only allow text to be copied, so no formatting can be copied over - ie borders to properly define the table and make it look pretty (you will possibly have noticed, when posting yourself, that tabs dont work here to separate data either) - which is what I meant by 'it isnt very elegant'. I still think the information is there and clear though, for those who wish to keep a track on their standings for the month.