News:

want to modify your profile? -- top menu  here, then "modify profile" left menu- then "Forum Profile Information"

Main Menu

Fibs World Cup

Started by Anakin, July 03, 2006, 01:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anakin

This question has been on my mind for quite some time.   :huh:

Is there a reason why we can't hold another FIBS World Cup?

I took part in the inaugural Fibs World Cup and found it a lot of fun.  :D I think we had about 7 countries with 3 players for each team. The matches were highly competitive and the excitement built up after each match as we saw the standings change. I'm sure it takes a lot of work to organise and set up, but players on fibs should have the opportunity to take part in this big event once again. There is still a lot of interest from people who enter the Bagolympic tourneys and we have a wide number of countries that could be represented. :)

So, why cant we start the qualification procedure and use Bago for what it was originally intended for?

It functions as the qualifier for the FIBS World Cup.

I would like to propose that we start working towards the next Fibs World Cup.
:beerdrinkers:
I am prepared to do the running of this tournament if I have a place to write up the rules and procedures and somewhere to display the results / standings. Is there anyone willing to help? or have any Suggestions?

regards,

Anakin  :bye:

socksey

QuoteI am prepared to do the running of this tournament if I have a place to write up the rules and procedures and somewhere to display the results / standings.

This is as good a place as any, but Fibsleagammon is another place.

socksey

"Teachers who educate children deserve more honor than parents who merely gave them birth; for bare life is furnished by the one, the other ensures a good life." ââ,¬â€œ Aristotle

Tomawaky

Bago is a good start but it seems that bago will disapear as we don't have any more TD for tuesday sessions. :tears:

France have won the first edition  ;) and the only one, so it's maybe good to stop it. We can't do better
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

diane

Not sure I like the idea it is over whilst some want to host - and lots want to play! I will help where possible - around work of course.  Tuesdays are bad for me either way - but surely someone must be able to take those - come on folks - roll up and offer some support!!  TDing is easy and open to all - ask an existing TD if you want coaching through your first time (or even a few times) - we would all be glad to help and get more TDs settled in.  So many found how easy it already - just give it a go  :D Here is hoping we find new blood for the Td pool :)
Never give up on the things that make you smile