Fridays 3 - On Trial....

Started by diane, July 30, 2006, 11:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Since the current time seems to be difficult for a lot of regular tourney players to attend - we have decided to trial some other times and see what works best.  For August and September, Fridays3 will change times and run at 16.00 UTC.  If this works out - it may become a regular slot - or we may look at other times.  Come and participate and lend your support if you would like to see this tourney run at a time when more players can take part. See ya at 1600 UTC next Friday  :D  :D

Now all that remains is for me to remember  :D  :D  :D  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

adrian

After two years I have a chance to play Fridays 3!

Tx Diane!  
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

diane

So adrian - where were you....  :(

The time seemed to attract more players - we shall see how this goes over the rest of the trial period - and keep posting opinions please - we are interested to try other practical times.

diane

OK - this seems to be a more popular time all round, and is certainly easier to TD. As a result, fridays3 will be held at 16:00 UTC regularly (well up until the next daylight savings time - when it will move, so you dont have to  ;))

We will also be following the bago example - and adding the 1 pt for taking part feature.  It is hoped this might help reduce play off situations, and also mean no one goes home with nothing  :)

socksey

Normally, this would be a good time for me, but lately other things have been hampering my Fibs time all around.  I'll try to play today. 

I like the 1 pt rule.  I may start using that in Mini-Matches also.  We seem to be having lots of ties lately. :dry:

socksey

"To avoid situations in which you might make mistakes may be the biggest mistake of all." - Peter McWilliams

Zorba

Okay thanks for the pointers in the other thread diane! So, just to be sure, I take it normal f3 times are for now:

Registration opens:

17:00 UTC = 17:00 GMT (UK), 18:00 MET/CET (W-Europe), etc.

Tourney starts 20 minutes after that.

:kaffeepc:
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

diane

Quote from: Zorba on November 19, 2006, 11:39:08 PM

17:00 UTC = 17:00 GMT (UK), 18:00 MET/CET (W-Europe), etc.

Tourney starts 20 minutes after that.

Yup  :), the times are also shown on the fibsleaguegammon site - with the explanation that it changes as daylight savings times change to keep constant times for players.