News:

check out the backgammon problems...http://www.fibsboard.com/backgammon-problems/
y not post a position yourself - help is available on posting with pics and spoiler

Main Menu

New Version?

Started by Mystyk, August 24, 2006, 02:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystyk

Is everyone getting the popup talking about a new version, and bringing them to a non-existent page?

Any way to get rid of it?

Thanks

burper

serves you right for using some strangers proprietary software.
demand the source next time, or at the very least some way of identifying the party you got the software from.

diane

Where is the pop up occurring - in your client - or here at fibsboard - that isnt clear to me.  Guess the answer is no - I am not getting those popups - but then I use firefox and try to manage popups. Cant seem to stop the spam though - kinda wish I was into bestial stuff - sure getting a lot of links... :P  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Mystyk

The popup is from the client.  It tells of a new version of CocoaFIBS.  If you select to update it brings you to the authors .Mac page, which no longer exists.

socksey

Which is why you should be using Javafibs.   ;)

socksey

"We make more progress by owning up to our faults than by always dwelling on our virtues." - Thomas Brackett Reed

PolyphonicBrie

QuoteIs everyone getting the popup talking about a new version, and bringing them to a non-existent page?
Yes.

I am no coder, but I presume that CocoaFIBS checks the CocoaFIBS Website every time it runs to check if a new version is available.  But, you may notice that the website is down right now... which is getting CocoaFIBS all confused.
Quoteserves you right for using some strangers proprietary software.Ã,  demand the source next time, or at the very least some way of identifying the party you got the software from.
Um... like I'd know what the f' to do with source code.
QuoteWhich is why you should be using Javafibs.
Yuk.  No thanks.  CocoaFIBS rocks.

Regards
PB