News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2011 cheers! ..thx godwinson, webrunner, stog, spielberg*, hartkegirl, KissMyAss*, ettu*,  jackdaddy*, diane, caleb, sixty_something*, Zorba*, aviator, Tom*, anonymous*, roygbiv*, r_monk *

Main Menu

I can't get registered with FIBS

Started by hobgoblin, January 24, 2004, 12:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobgoblin

Hello, I'm new here. I'm looking forward to playing here as I'm sick of playing Internet backgammon on places with no registration requirement where anonymous people always seem to drop out of games when they're being beaten.

But I can't seem to get registered with FIBS. I fill out the form and send it and I get a message telling me to wait while it tries to register me, but thats it, nothing else happens no matter how long I seem to wait.

Any suggestions?

tucsonAZ

QuoteHello, I'm new here. I'm looking forward to playing here as I'm sick of playing Internet backgammon on places with no registration requirement where anonymous people always seem to drop out of games when they're being beaten.

But I can't seem to get registered with FIBS. I fill out the form and send it and I get a message telling me to wait while it tries to register me, but thats it, nothing else happens no matter how long I seem to wait.

Any suggestions?

you could try telnet directly from this link

telnet://fibs.com:4321/

Once you are registered you can return to your client and enter the username/password you created on the telnet screen.

Droppers exists on fibs.com also but there are some tools like saved games report and repbot that help to avoid them.

maareyes (tucsonAZ on fibs)

hobgoblin

Many thanks,

Ok so I'm now registered with FIBS but had to register under a different name than I use here on this forum (does that matter?).

Also when I click on the 'play now' icon on top of this page I get a backgammon board appearing but no game, no dice. How do I go about getting a game?

webrunner

Hi,
First of all: Welcome to FIBS!   :lol:

It doen't really matter if you use different user names, although it is nicer to register here as the username you use on FIBS.
This way we can recognize you here and on the board (you can upload your photo in your profile).

After you clicked the Play Now link, a very simple form if JavaFibs is started.

In The User screen click the user menu and select connect.
The client will then connect to fibs and ask for your username and password.
And you are off!

Remember that there are many cool backgammon software applications (we call them fibs clients) that can log on to FIBS and have much nicer features than the Java fibs Applet. There is The extended Javafibs, 3DFibs, RealFibs, KBackgammon, MacFibs and much more. You can find all of them on this list.

Have fun!

:jump:
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

hobgoblin

I've had to register on FIBS as lordhobgoblin (I couldn't get registered as hobgoblin). Almost the same username.

bruja

I was registered but i can play Backgammon on fibs,he told me i'm unknown user or password wrong ". What can i do ?

stog

bruja

Hola , soy BRUJA . Estoy regisyrada en FIBS pero cuando quiero jugar a Backgammon desde el movil no me permite diciendome :" user unknown or password wrong ".
Que me aconsejais hacer. No se que tengo que hacer. Una ayudaaaa!!! Gracias !

QuoteHi, I'm WITCH . I regisyrada on FIBS but when I want to play Backgammon from the phone does not allow me telling me : "user unknown or password wrong" .
What do you advise me . Not that I have to do. A ayudaaaa !!! Thank You!

stog added google translation