News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2014 cheers! MAffi diane Tom Zorba  Sixty_something Linus & Aviator

Main Menu

Repbot Enhancement

Started by don, August 27, 2006, 05:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

I've made many criticisisms here of the abuse of RepBot due to its subjective and exploitable complaint/vouch protocal by certain FIBsters.  I've stated many times that the best feature of RepBot is its listing of the number of saved matches, an objective and valuable set of facts.  I've even suggested augmenting that feature to "show saved <name>" and written such a bot myself, listing the players that <name> has saved matches with.  It's a simple step up from current RepBot.  Just add something like "matches" to the two current options, "ask" and "list".  (tell RepBot matches <name>)

I can think of three more objective features RepBot could offer, for those who are interested, and they all involve sorting:
  • RepBot could reproduce it's list results sorted by experience (-L or -l for forward or reverse sort);
  • RepBot could sort by ratings (-R or r ...);
  • RepBot could sort its output by ISP (-I or i).
These alternate sorts would, IMO, enhance the objective features of RepBot and reduce the import of the subjective, for reasons which I hope are obvious.

--
don
So many string dimensions, so little space time...

socksey

So, don, when is your 'Repbot' coming out?

socksey

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women." - Ronald Reagan

NIHILIST

Everyone agrees the REP function is abused and the SAVED GAMES aspect is of questionable value. IMHO Repbot is essentially useless unless it includes a feature that shows how many saveds the player is winning and losing. Netgammon has had this feature for years.

What happens is a player gets shouted for a large number of saveds, the implication/inference being he's losing them and MUST be a dropper. Don does this quite a bit, and in his way, is every bit the abuser he pretends to disdain.

Don's pissed and moaned about this for years. He's been going to college for 32 years now, professes to be a computer scientist, professes to love FIBS, never misses an opportunity to tell anyone how easy the fixes are. I think this is a great opportunity for Don to create the ideal bot to deal with issues repbot is incapable of handling.

NIHI
Robert J Ebbeler

don

QuotePosted on Aug 27 2006, 05:16 AM
  So, don, when is your 'Repbot' coming out?

socksey

I already wrote most of it, socksey, as an exercise.  Regarding NIHI's flames, I'll just ignore 'em.

--
don
So many string dimensions, so little space time...

burper

as for your claims to have written any computer code of value, we'll just laugh at 'em.

NIHILIST

The only thing Don exercises is his right hand.

NIHI
Robert J Ebbeler