News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

Fibsboard update

Started by webrunner, September 17, 2006, 01:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webrunner

Hello everybody,
Welcome to the new and improved Fibsboard.

I have converted the forum to a different forum software with more features and better security. This is the first update in a series of updates over the next year in which i will add functionality every time.

Articles
For now we have the new functionality to publisch articles and reviews. Anyone that has a serious article and would like to share it with the rest of the community, please feel free and submit it.

Gammon Empire
I recieved a request from one of our sponsors, Gammon Empire, if i could provide a support forum for his backgammon server. This is also a new part on Fibsboard. But don't worry, the main goal and community of Fibsboard will allways be FIBS related.

Rearranged and added forums
I rearranged some forums for better overview and added a forum for the new fibsclient DelFibs.

For now this is it. Feel free top post any bugs, typo's or other problems in this topic.
Have fun! :specool:
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

lotsoblots

Nice work!  I have a question, though...it appears that a number of seemingly randomly selected posts have non-functioning scrollbars on the right. Why is that?  Just a bug?  Thanks!

jasonj

Thanks for all your work, webrunner... the FIBS community appreciates you. :thumbsup2:
jasonj <---- listening to WIDR.org

spielberg

wtg webbie - yet more improvement to an already nearly indispensable resource for fibsters.

webrunner

Quote from: lotsoblots on September 17, 2006, 02:26:08 PM
Nice work!  I have a question, though...it appears that a number of seemingly randomly selected posts have non-functioning scrollbars on the right. Why is that?  Just a bug?  Thanks!

Actually i think that is a bug in the old forum where posts weren't saved in a correct manner. It will probably not happen in new posts. Also i haven't seen any of those using FireFox.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

socksey

Nice look, webbie, and nice job!  I'm very partial to greens.   :wub:

socksey

"The primary difference between men and women is that women can see extremely small quantities of dirt." - Dave Barry (the humor columnist)

adrian

:-) , Thank you for your time Web , :cool:

What is karma ?

Where are the pics of members?

I get some errors on member pages, under IE :Line 68, Char 0, Object expected.
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

Tomawaky

Good Work Weby.
Nice looking, but I wait the skin option to return to the old fashion  :thumbsup2:
It already miss me  :unhappy:
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

webrunner

Sorry Tomawaky, that is not possible since that skin is from another forum software.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

webrunner

Quote from: adrian on September 17, 2006, 05:12:44 PM

What is karma ?

Where are the pics of members?

I get some errors on member pages, under IE :Line 68, Char 0, Object expected.

The Karma system is a system with which members can express their positive or negative feelings on a post or member. You can give karma points if you have posted more then 25 posts and only one per member every week.

The member pictures didn't make it through the conversion but soon there will be a new option to add pictures.

Could you tell me on what page exactly you get that error?
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

webrunner

Quote from: webrunner on September 17, 2006, 07:12:25 PM
Could you tell me on what page exactly you get that error?

Never mind, i found it and solved it...
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

Ramses

very good job you made webrunner. :thumbsup2:
but i dinÃ,´t get this karma thing. what is it for if igive someone a karmapoint?

webrunner

If someone makes a good remark you can applaud him and if he gives a bad remark you can smite him.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

diane

Hmmmm, love the fact that it will be more secure - and hopefully a lot more spam free, but it will take me some time to get used to it - perhaps I should run off to join the Hamish..... :cripple:

Some posts seem to have not made it - meetings of fibsters for one - I had made a post about meeting kid_pantyhose, and intended to post the photos, sorry blurs, I took of him competing - are they due to follow?

Also photos are currently downloadable, but not displayed, will this change? And does that change the photoposting restrictions  (ie picture size). 

I love the top bar which displays my status (or whatever you might call it) so I can get to new posts straight from there.

Thats all for now - I am sure I will find more.. :yes:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

webrunner

All new photo's will be visible as a thumbnail in the post, clickable.

The number of posts that was in the board before the conversion was exactly the same after the conversion, so every post should be there. I did however rearranged the boards and moved some topics around. That could be the problem. Have you tried the search option?

It will be more secure, however spam is like virusses, they find new ways of getting in all the time. The best way to fight spam is good and active moderation on the forums. Also i added captcha registration.

The maximum attachment size is 2048 Kb
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

padski

Quote from: diane on September 17, 2006, 10:29:17 PM
Hmmmm, love the fact that it will be more secure - and hopefully a lot more spam free, but it will take me some time to get used to it - perhaps I should run off to join the Hamish..... :cripple:

the Hamish?

Is that a scotish tribe that eschews all technology? :lol:

diane

Arghhhh, also cant find an edit feature - so when I write a post when I am half asleep  - then realise I meant Amish, and not their Scottish cousins, the Hamish, it is alllll toooo late  :laugh:

Ok - will give the search feature a go and if I find you will know - cos I will post some photos (but probably not tonight - I must go and deal with that half asleep issue - ooh and where is the ;) emoticon?)

diane

Quote from: padski on September 17, 2006, 10:54:09 PM

Is that a scotish tribe

Whats that then?? Time for bed all around I think  :sexe:

webrunner

I'm still tweaking the permissions. This forum has a much more sophisticated permissions system, but it needs some tweaking to get it right ;)

"Edit rights" where revoked for the announcement board, and are now reinstated.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

webrunner

Just for the Heck of it i added the chatroom ;)
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |