News:

Remember if you wish to share a pic or a story, with just a selected few, use the new extended profile with custom buddy list http://www.fibsboard.com/announcements/new-ultimate-profile-a-biopicdocumentsounds-area-that-can-only-be-seen-by-b/

Main Menu

Delfibs

Started by delfibs, September 18, 2006, 07:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delfibs

Delfibs is a new fibs client running under windows os.

You can play by cliking on the checkers or you can drag them.

Played and watched games can be exported to .mat format.

You can browse thrue the games.

You can chat with yours friends.

You can display statistics and your rating curve.

The players list shows the players with saved games, friends and villains in differents colors.

You can look to your saved matches.

Complete RepBot integration.

and much more...

download link : Download

homepage: Delfibs

I need feedback and bugs report.

Boards are from Michael Darooge. i ask him the  permission to use his boards on his web site but i didn't get any answer. If someone knows his email address i would like to ask him again.

delfibs

some screen shots :

Players list : Name, opponent, rating with color square, status, exp, gender, country, email, scrore for saved matches.
Friend are green, villains are red, you are blue, player with saved matches with you are grey.

Preferences : Board choise : choose your board and checkers.

Preferences :Personal buttons

MessageBox View your received and sent messages.

Saved GamesList of your saved games. You can choose one and watch the position

delfibs

Some more...
Rating  statistics: Show your rating curve. With zoom and move. Rigth click to move. Selection to zoom

Matches Stat : Show your win and lost by length, opponent, last played matches

Matches Stat : Detail of your wins and lost

delfibs

Delfibs 0.9 beta 12 available

-sounds added
-You can hide shouts in the preference menu
-Checkers speed can be set from *1/4 to *10 the default speed
-bug when you type show saved corrected
-password edit will show ***
-saved matches : the command has gone to the view menu, you can see the status of the players 'offline,playing.etc..'
if you select a saved match from here and the player is ready, you can invite him by clicking on the 'invite' button
-if a player with a saved match logs in, you will be told in the chat window.
-ratings changes will show in the system window if you have ratings toggle on
-system window will show only interestings things.
-bug with post crawford matches where the doubling dice didn't show is corrected
-add an option for debugging in the preferences menu. If you activate it a small window shows witch lists the lines parsed by the pgm. if the client crashes please post here the last 10 lines.

the final version isn't far away, i need to correct some bugs witch make the client crash.
They are difficult to find because they occur rarely.

If you want more features to be added it's now.
tell me if you find bugs.

delfibs

New version available : delfibs 0.95
changes :
-correct bugs with the matches panel
-Rating curve : added the current rating, name of the selected player is shown
-Villains and friends list : bug correction when deleting a name, pop up menu with basic command added, delta rating shown, status shown.
-Added auto update function in help menu.
-Links with fibs help added in help->command
-Bug with Thorpe count corrected
-profile will now contain a field for your Email address
-Added a column for host in the players list view
-If a player with a saved match invite you, a warning will be shown
-leave command added in match menu
-new command added in a new menu : command
-if someone tell you something, the chat panel will show automatically (can be disable in the preferences menu)
-the client will no longer crash ( i hope so)

delfibs

Next step will be writing a help file, if someone who speaks good english is interesting in correcting my spelling, i will be very glad.

diane

Now you found something I can actually do - I cant code - but I can spell (proper English that is  ;)).
I would be glad to be useful - message me with any further instructions.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

socksey

I can spell proper American English.  I would be happy to help.   :yes:

socksey

"Lack of brains hinders research." - Columbus Dispatch, Headline

spielberg

I speak even better english english and will gladly help out. I actually quite enjoy editing and proof reading for personal reasons - one of my Grandfathers was a publisher and I "earnt" pocket money long ago proofing kids books.
This DelFibs looks increasingly good - I'm gonna have to give it a try.

Steve

PS love that rating curve DelFibs - is it possible to import my rating history from JavaFibs?

socksey

QuoteI speak even better english english and will gladly help out. I actually quite enjoy editing and proof reading for personal reasons - one of my Grandfathers was a publisher and I "earnt" pocket money long ago proofing kids books.

(English) (grandfathers) (earned)

My grandfather was not a publisher, but I have also done quite a lot of editing for money.   :)  Seems you are getting ample help offers.   ;)

socksey

"Most hotels are already booked solid by people, plus 5,000 journalists." - Bangkok Post

diane

Quote(earned)

I think "earnt" is in inverted commas for a reason....well done on the rest though..  ;)

spielberg

"Earnt" was in quotes as I don't think I really earned the money - but it is an acceptable past participle. Well done correcting my capitalisation though. I trust all have read "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" - an hilarious book on punctuation, I thought that impossible.

diane

lol, so it is http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/earnt, I have heard it used in spoken language - but not seen it written - which seemed to make sense for the speech marks - you learn something new every day  :cool:

I never read that book - although I have seen it, including in a second hand shop recently, where I was very tempted, just for the fun.  The reason I didn't was because when I first heard about the book in a review, I knew I already knew all that - as kids we had devised humour from that kind of thing in our family. (what can I say - we didn't have a television  :laugh:).  A recent 'yet another report' writing course, care of our company, did teach me something I didn't  know and found interesting, maybe you know this already - being a language aficionado. We all know the apostrophe in, say, 'didn't' denotes missing letters, but the possessive apostrophe is almost certainly doing the same thing.  It is considered that 'Steve's pen', in the original language construction would have been 'Steve his pen', and the missing letters are covered by the apostrophe.  I bet that is in eats, shoots and leaves  :laugh:.

But we digress - this is supposed to be about delfibs, sorry :blushsmiley:

One last point, the spell check on here doesn't like 'earnt'  :lol:

socksey

I don't agree.  In that use of "Steve's pen", the apostrophe does not replace a word or part of word but is governed under another rule.  There are several other rules for apostrophe use besides the replace rule.  Check your "Harbrace".

socksey

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." - William Shakespeare

diane

Quote from: socksey on October 21, 2006, 02:40:10 AM
I don't agree. 

It wasn't an opinion.....but a little digging turns up this, http://www.lousywriter.com/nouns_case.php

QuoteSpecial Remarks on the Possessive Case.
Origin of the possessive with its apostrophe.

64. In Old English a large number of words had in the genitive case singular the ending -es; in Middle English still more words took this ending: for example, in Chaucer, "From every schires ende," "Full worthi was he in his lordes werre [war]," "at his beddes syde," "mannes herte [heart]," etc.

A false theory.

By the end of the seventeenth century the present way of indicating the possessive had become general. The use of the apostrophe, however, was not then regarded as standing for the omitted vowel of the genitive (as lord's for lordes): by a false theory the ending was thought to be a contraction of his, as schoolboys sometimes write, "George Jones his book."

The main interest in looking at the origins of the possessive apostrophe, is that it makes it easier to remember where to put it - for those who struggle.

delfibs

New version 0.96 available
-correct a bug in the export function. Saved games can now be opened with bgblitz
-Add a probability panel in invite and join windows : they will show your probability to win the match and the number of ratings points you will win or lose.

Let's try the auto-update function to see if it works OK

feedback welcome

socksey

Quotea false theory

QuoteThe main interest in looking at the origins of the possessive apostrophe, is that it makes it easier to remember where to put it - for those who struggle.

The question seems to me to be not so much where to put the apostrophe as to when to use it.  Harbrace explains the answer quite lenthily.

socksey

"Trust your hunches. They're usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level." - Dr. Joyce Brothers

diane

lengthily?  :laugh: Perhaps you should try the spellcheck feature too  ;)

Clearly a lot of people have trouble with that - or we would see perfect use of the apostrophe all the time - since we don't, telling stories is a good way to spread knowledge.  The 'why' of things is much more meaningful to me than 'do this because that is the rule', I suspect that is true of many others.

socksey

:flipa:   :frusty:   :giggle:   :oops:  Of course, you are right as usual, diane.  I thought I did, but apparently, I didn't.   

socksey

"Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only Super Bowl." - Bill Peterson, football coach

webrunner

So.. i guess you are now all applying to write a nice Fibs howto too? :unsure: ;)
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |