News:

controversial "other online games" Board introduced --GO, Poker, Scrabble and gosh even Chess.....let me know :)

Main Menu

Delfibs

Started by delfibs, September 18, 2006, 07:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delfibs

help is not implementted for now on (and not written).
Choice of font size is a good idea, i will look what i can do with it.

delfibs

Version 0.976 available
Bugs correction. The bug i introducted in the last release with the export function is corrected.
Other bug corrections.
Modification on the game panel.
Code cleaning
You can modify the font size in Game->preferences->General
If you still find bugs, please let me know as i hope to release the final version soon. (as soon as i have written the help file, if no new bugs are found).

socksey

While installing the new version, I get an error message which reads:

"An err occurred while trying to replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed code 32.
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation."

I tried Retry to get the same message.

I tried Abort, then removed original DelFibs from my system, then reinstalled with same results.

I tried Ignore and went through the same process over and over. 

What should I do now?   :cry:

socksey

"We're going to move left and right at the same time." - Jerry Brown, Governor of California

padski

try going back to the previous version ? (not just for the sake of getting something that works, but also it may help to check some things)

socksey

I would if I could.  Previous version is removed.

socksey

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

Tomawaky

idea for Option to add :

Separate chat windows for each players you chat with

Possible to add friends even if they are not online.

Sort available in the friends tab
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

DeAnimator

If you're looking at a different application and then switch back to Delfibs by clicking on the window, and your opponent happens to have doubled, then Delfibs accepts the cube. Not good.

I've had this happen a couple of times when I'm stuck on the bar and I don't have the cube, I've started reading my email. The game continues in the background. My opponent doubles and when I click on the Delfibs window to see what's what, I find I've accepted the cube.

I think it would be better to ignore the first click when the window receives focus. Alternatively, have a confirmation box popup when accepting or rejecting the cube rather than just clicking on the board.

Geoff

webrunner

I advise to put a dialog screen in this procedure that asks if you want to accept the double. This happend to me several times.
I advise the same for doubling. (now a click on the cube doubles instantly there is no way back).
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

delfibs

OK, I'll add an option to have a a confirmation if you want to double or accept a double in the next version. This option will appears in the Preference Menu.

Tomawaky : add friends if they are not on line  : i will do it in the next version.
Sort in the friend tab : next version
Tab for each player you chat with : i can try but it might be a bit confusing, and i don't want to add windows, i prefere to have all the  informations in the same window.

delfibs

Delfibs 0.98
Add a confirm dialog when doubling or accepting a double. You can choose to have a confirmation dialog or not in the preferences menu.
If no player is selected in the players list, right clicking on friend or villain in the pop up menu will allow you to add a player's name manually. Sort available in the friends and villains list. Click on the columns header.
Bug correction in create account witch didn't toggle moreboards on, so the dices weren't showing properly.

webrunner

idea: Please add an option to send a thank you message after you finished a match.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

delfibs

Good idea, it miss me too. I'll do it very soon.

webrunner

Can i advise you to place a link to your website in your forum signature?
That way everybody reading this information can easily find your website.

Of course i would appreciate a link to your fibsboard forum on the delfibs website :)
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

Tomawaky

And also ask patti to add a link at Fibs.com
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

delfibs

Delfibs 0.981
add an option to send a thank you message after you finished a match. Fill the file in preference->messages whith your message. If the file is empty, no message will be sent.
If someone blinds you while you're watching him, a message will pop up, and the bug that appends when the match is over is corrected.
Gnubackgammon process will die when delfibs is closed. (I hope so)

Tom

Now this has to be the stupidest question...

How do I PASS THE DICE?

I tried clicking and double-clicking a few things

:blush:

burper

grit your teeth, hold your breath and flex your diaphragm hard.
you'll feel some pain from the corners, but once they are both past you will feel much relieved

Tom

Funny... NOT

ok it seems if I refresh the page the click points become active

It may have something to do with the Game History scrolling

tom

AveryHarrison

I deleted my shortcut and create it again and all is working fine now