News:

"Fibsboard allows for more considered reading and response, whereas Fibs shout is a more intuitive interaction"

Main Menu

GammonEmpire Private tournament announced!!

Started by GammonEmpire, October 15, 2006, 12:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GammonEmpire

Hi Guys and girls!

Well, it is official, we are proud to announce the www.fibsboard.com members only tournament!

The big event will take place on the 18th of November 2006 at 8PM GMT.

Prizes are:

1st place $300

2nd place $100

3rd place $50

4th place $50

How do you get in? Easy! We will run some satellite event tournaments where you will be able to win a free entry to the main event. All tournaments are free rolls! These tournaments will take place twice a day at 9 PM GMT and at 3 AM GMT for the convenience of our European and US members (Sorry Australia!).

Here are the tournaments dates: 19th of October, 22nd of October, 29th of October, 30th of October, 4th of November and on the 9th of November.
There will be four winners in every satellite tournament. Minimum number of players in each tournament is 4.

Registration to these tournaments will commence on the 19th of October.

If you didn't win a free entry you can still participate in the final event with an entry fee of $10.

All you need to do now is download our software by clicking here and go to the real money section. Once you're in simply click on the special event tab where you will see a list of all the tournaments. to enroll to a tournament simply type in the password
click for password
Fibsboard
[close]
and you're in!

If you have any problems or questions you can post a message on GammonEmpire support forum or send me a personal message. You can also have a look at our Getting started section.

Good luck to you all!! 

diane

Unfortunately this clashes with the 'Live in London' event run by Mike Main, so I and a few others will not be able to enter.  I hope it goes well and will be interested to see the results.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

runnerup

i shall be at the "live in london" aswell. the gammonempire tourney should be postponed!

diane

Hey runnerup!! Great news - will be good to see you again  :cool:

GammonEmpire

Hi Diane

can you give me the exact dates of the london tournaments?

I might consider changing the final tournament date.

Cheers

diane

Friday 10th to Sunday 12th November - you can check out the whole event here..http://www.backpacker-backgammon.com/LiL06/schedule.html

Allow some time for travelling too - I get back from the Vegas open the day before that starts - and runnerup is coming from Germany to participate in London Live.

If the dates are going to be more compatible I better go check out those satellites...  :cool:

webrunner

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

diane

A technical question for gammonempire....there are two of us at this address who are both backgammon players and would like to take part in this tourney.  Is the gammon empire software going to detect two users in the same tourney from the same ISP and stop us both from playing?

padski

I get no joy trying to run the java applet from safari on macosx, just a repeating dialogue about disconnection detected.  I get in with the java in firefox on the same mac (go figure!), but then I still do not see the "special event" tab, and the interface seems painfully slow.

The cashier is Windows-only, so I get the use of a windows machine, jump through the excessive hoops, I put in my bonus code but I don't get the bonus, so I'm still not in.

not a good experience.

GammonEmpire

Hi All

Thank you all for your posts. Unfortunately I'm not a Technical pro myself so all your queries will be forwarded to our tech department and soon as i have an answer from them i will post it. If it's not too hard please use the gammonempire support forum for technical issues.

Cheers

hss

I downloaded the famous software. After a few minutes I got the blue screen of death from Micro$hit.

webrunner

That didn't happen to me.. was there a special moment when that happened. Did you try it again?
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

Tomawaky

Always the same problem since the beginning !
I have an error message when it starts telling me that it can't open c:\documents and settings\myprofil\Buttons\aaron.copie.bmp  :wacko:

Why does it search image in my profil rather than in his particular file in programs Files\fdelfibs ?
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

webrunner

Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

Tomawaky

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

spielberg

Congratulations to Tomawaky who won todays (23/10) satellite.

A question for GammonEmpire:

Obviously I may only win one entry to the real tourney. Do I not, however, still have an incentive to re-enter the satellites to deprive others of an entry? This may seem mean - damnit it IS mean - but it is a cash tourney so normal niceness could be overruled I feel!

Steve

Tomawaky

GammonEmpire

Hey Steve

I really want to believe that fibsboard memebers are honest.

don't you?

spielberg

QuoteHey Steve

I really want to believe that fibsboard memebers are honest.

don't you?

Touche.

And I'm sure the bulk of us are.

xtraterra

son unos delicuentes, yo habia ganado una clasificacion para hoy y me borraron del torneo. espero me den un motivo, no me dieron la posiblidad de jugarlo y eso me da que pensar que son unos cagones y estafadores, porque seguramente esos 18 que jugaron eran todos amigos suyos.