News:

check out the backgammon problems...http://www.fibsboard.com/backgammon-problems/
y not post a position yourself - help is available on posting with pics and spoiler

Main Menu

FIBS/w

Started by rom, November 24, 2006, 07:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rom

It would seem that fibs/w is no longer available for download at gammon.com (because gammon.com no longer exists!). Does anyone know where I could get it from?

I have just got a new computer, and have always used and liked fibs/w...

rom

I am delighted to say that I have actually found a site which still allows this software to be downloaded:

http://www.backgam.com/index.html#FIBSW

The information which is on the fibs.com site about registering is still valid nd helpful, but you also need to change the address because the software comes with the ancient Swedish address  - you do this under Options - Advanced Options.

spielberg

Hiya Ro - long time - how's the First Division?

I too used Fibs/w for a long time but do give JavaFibs a try - it takes a while to learn what it will do but it is an excellent piece of software.

Steve / spielberg

diane

Just hold on a moment while I dust the cobwebs out of here...*cough cough*, ok that is better...

A question for anyone who uses/d this client

Did you ever have problems with it with regard to being gagged by other players who had no idea they had done it?

A player today on cocoafibs put a fibs gag on maria who plays on FIBS/w [and three other new nicks she made up on the spot], but the player had no idea she had done it.

Since the gag was a fibs gag [ie maria got the message **that player wont listen to you], it would have had to be reapplied each time maria logged out and in - and immediately - and for each new nick maria dreamed up....maria also logged out and in via parlorplay - to find she was still gagged... :blink:

That seems really unlikely to me, so either fibs is up the wall - or the clients were doing something odd...

Anyone who knows more about this than me got any ideas???
Never give up on the things that make you smile

magic_one

Quote from: diane on February 27, 2009, 04:30:38 PM

A player today on cocoafibs put a fibs gag on maria who plays on FIBS/W, . . . but the player had no idea she had done it.

Looks to me like the problem is with cocoafibs; not FIBS/w

diane

Quote from: magic_one on March 01, 2009, 03:54:57 PM

Looks to me like the problem is with cocoafibs; not FIBS/w

Very possibly, but it only happened to Maria - which is why I wondered about this client first.  I dont know how it could happen though - and was hoping somone might be able to suggest a possible way.  :blink: :blink:
Never give up on the things that make you smile