News:

VIP Donor members can now edit photo galleries and utilise an extended Custom Profile with buddy lists. Join them - for the price of a beer!

Main Menu

game being played without me!

Started by moonscape, April 09, 2007, 10:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonscape

i'm new to the software but played a number of times without incident.

the last two times i played, it's as if the board suddenly froze, the dice wouldn't come back to me, and my opponent kept playing without me!  i sent a message in chat window because i was waiting for his move - he said he was bearing off, and on my board we had just begun play, perhaps 6-8 moves into play.  the record shows the game was completed (i won) but i didn't play it!

my opponent said i must have greedy bear-off turned on, but we were far from bearing off.   on my side the dice just wouldn't come back to me and i waited and waited ... 5 min later he was bearing off.

i've looked everywhere i can think for an answer to this, but am not sure what i could've done to cause it.

help!

thanks!

tucsonAZ

It is hard to say what happened without access to a log file from bother server and client. My best guess would be that there was a rare server or client timing error which resulted in the game details being sent to the wrong username, or the wrong username showing as the player even though you were actually just watching a game being played by someone else even though your name was registered on the player screen.

Or... your machine has evolved into an intelligent self determined being and is in the process of taking control over all aspects of your life.  Has any other inexplicable phenomena been detected since this incident?  :unsure:

mmenz

Sounds like 'play forced moves' and autoroll was turned on, and the game was running so fast that it was out of sync with your computer.  This has happened to me when playing bots.  Hitting 'refresh board' may help in the future.  I have found that with the newest version (4.0.4), the board sometimes does not refresh as often as it should.

Quote from: moonscape on April 09, 2007, 10:47:30 PM
i'm new to the software but played a number of times without incident.

the last two times i played, it's as if the board suddenly froze, the dice wouldn't come back to me, and my opponent kept playing without me!  i sent a message in chat window because i was waiting for his move - he said he was bearing off, and on my board we had just begun play, perhaps 6-8 moves into play.  the record shows the game was completed (i won) but i didn't play it!

my opponent said i must have greedy bear-off turned on, but we were far from bearing off.   on my side the dice just wouldn't come back to me and i waited and waited ... 5 min later he was bearing off.

i've looked everywhere i can think for an answer to this, but am not sure what i could've done to cause it.

help!

thanks!

webrunner

True, i have noticed that too.
When i play a bot i need to refresh the board manually every time the bot doubles.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

adrian

That happened to me too, only with fibsboardwclassbot.
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

webrunner

Yes, but it is a problem of 3dfibs.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |