News:

most Recent Posts and Recent Topics now viewable on the front page!

Main Menu

ghosts saved games with bots

Started by hexagon_sun, April 10, 2007, 11:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hexagon_sun

Hi all!
I faced a strange situation with bots.
When i log in FIBS, i received the messages from repbot (just for example two of them):
gBOT, with whom you have a saved game, is logged in.
gBOTexpert, with whom you have a saved game, is logged in.
and so on.
I check and i don't see any game to be resumed.
I invite the bots to resume this ghost game and the nice reply is:
** There's no saved match with gBOT. Please give a match length. :blink:

I played other games with these bots, i disconnected and log in again, but the situation is
still the same :dry:.
Ah, i forgot to say that i'm not a dropper.
Can be solved this problem? It is embarassing seeing i have 10 games to be resumed and 5 of them
are ghosts games, in the meaning that they don't exist.
Do any other face this situation?
Thanks in advance & namaste
hexagon_sun

Zorba

RepBot's saved games list doesn't get updated continuously, more like once every 24 hours I think. So it may be seeing saved games that have already been resumed and completed.
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

tucsonAZ

One thing to keep in mind is that FIBS server is different from other online backgammon sites in that it is a collection of separate entities. In a regular game server, all the features of the game are controlled from a central management that decides how the game will look and act. FIBS on the other hand simply provides a public definition of the server commands and board state data and lets whoever is interested program their own little client or bot and do what they will with it. There is no collaboration between the main FIBS server, the clients or the bots. So.. when you stop to think about it, it is a wonder that anything even works at all.   :unsure: